HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2939693I saw this earlier and Shan needs to accept this. 😂

Or perhaps drop it completely!?

My LG is 6 months younger than George and she dropped her nap completely around October last year. Since then bedtime was been so much easier, quicker and no battles, much earlier and at pretty much the same time every night and she sleeps better through the night. It was a tough few weeks cutting it out but it was totally worth it. The only problem is that it takes time and effort but we know she lacks that when it comes to her children. I mean I'm sure she still mentions (not that she likes talking about personal things about G) that G still has toilet accidents but I'm sure it's nearly been a year since she started potty training. I appreciate its different for every child but for him to be still regularly having accidents isn't entirely his fault. He needs guidance and support which she never offers, but if he isn't getting it, he'll never learn about bladder control.
She mentioned the other day she had bought him a doughnut because he’s managed a day at nursery with no accidents. That’s mental that he’s still having soo many accidents a year later 🤯Yet she doesn’t even put a nappy on him for bed? Yet another example of her making life unnecessarily difficult when she’s undoubtedly having to change bedding all the time. My little boy is a year younger than George (2.5) and we started Easter bank holiday and after a few days fully focusing on it, he totally got it and never has to be prompted or go and never has any accidents even at nursery he’s very reliable in saying when he needs to go. She said in a recent video that the 3 day potty training method is bullshit and doesn’t work, well clearly it does to some but obviously it won’t if your a bone idol parent like her who does nothing to support or encourage him. I’m surprised the nursery are happy to still keep changing his crappy pants daily for a year now, god knows what they think of her parent skills.

Reactions: 5
She mentioned the other day she had bought him a doughnut because he’s managed a day at nursery with no accidents. That’s mental that he’s still having soo many accidents a year later 🤯Yet she doesn’t even put a nappy on him for bed? Yet another example of her making life unnecessarily difficult when she’s undoubtedly having to change bedding all the time. My little boy is a year younger than George (2.5) and we started Easter bank holiday and after a few days fully focusing on it, he totally got it and never has to be prompted or go and never has any accidents even at nursery he’s very reliable in saying when he needs to go. She said in a recent video that the 3 day potty training method is bullshit and doesn’t work, well clearly it does to some but obviously it won’t if your a bone idol parent like her who does nothing to support or encourage him. I’m surprised the nursery are happy to still keep changing his crappy pants daily for a year now, god knows what they think of her parent skills.
Tbh I highly doubt she did any potty training with him. I reckon she bought a potty and just expected him to use it or for the nursery to show him how to use it. She probably took him to nursery one morning, said he was potty training and expected him to come out at the end of the day, or after a couple of days knowing what to do because the nursery staff would've had him using it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
View attachment 2939693I saw this earlier and Shan needs to accept this. 😂

Or perhaps drop it completely!?

My LG is 6 months younger than George and she dropped her nap completely around October last year. Since then bedtime was been so much easier, quicker and no battles, much earlier and at pretty much the same time every night and she sleeps better through the night. It was a tough few weeks cutting it out but it was totally worth it.
Oh agreed - it is such hard work when it’s dropped. Especially going in the car anywhere after 11am 😂. My eldest is literally days younger than G and the nap was completely dropped by June last year I think at 2y 9m and that was after a few months of transitioning to no nap. Like you said though, it’s really tough and it means you have a child with you at all times when they’re at home (and I suspect she misses the alone time having had another child) but you do these things because they are right for your child, not because you miss arsing about on your phone like she does.
---
Tbh I highly doubt she did any potty training with him. I reckon she bought a potty and just expected him to use it or for the nursery to show him how to use it. She probably took him to nursery one morning, said he was potty training and expected him to come out at the end of the day, or after a couple of days knowing what to do because the nursery staff would've had him using it.
I totally think you’re right here too. I’ve said it before but I really think she thought nursery would just do the leg work for her since he was in 4 full days per week but they are there to support training, not facilitate it.

It’s always a case of her cutting corners when things are tough. I think it shows her immaturity. She’s still letting him nap now because she gets quiet time for herself immediately but then pays for it all evening, causing herself tons of stress because G rightly isn’t tired. Same with the toilet training. She didn’t want to put in the hard work for a few days but is paying for it long term. Goodness knows what it’s doing to his self esteem by having accidents most days. Imagine if he was what, 10 days younger? He’d be starting school this year! She’s fortunate that he isn’t. It’s obviously very common for young children to have toilet accidents but not daily for a child who allegedly was trained so long ago. She just can’t seem to see that she makes life so difficult for herself in the long term because of poor choices in the immediate.

Last edited:
Oh agreed - it is such hard work when it’s dropped. Especially going in the car anywhere after 11am 😂. My eldest is literally days younger than G and the nap was completely dropped by June last year I think at 2y 9m and that was after a few months of transitioning to no nap. Like you said though, it’s really tough and it means you have a child with you at all times when they’re at home (and I suspect she misses the alone time having had another child) but you do these things because they are right for your child, not because you miss arsing about on your phone like she does.
---

I totally think you’re right here too. I’ve said it before but I really think she thought nursery would just do the leg work for her since he was in 4 full days per week but they are there to support training, not facilitate it.

It’s always a case of her cutting corners when things are tough. I think it shows her immaturity. She’s still letting him nap now because she gets quiet time for herself immediately but then pays for it all evening, causing herself tons of stress because G rightly isn’t tired. Same with the toilet training. She didn’t want to put in the hard work for a few days but is paying for it long term. Goodness knows what it’s doing to his self esteem by having accidents most days. Imagine if he was what, 10 days younger? He’d be starting school this year! She’s fortunate that he isn’t. It’s obviously very common for young children to have toilet accidents but not daily for a child who allegedly was trained so long ago. She just can’t seem to see that she makes life so difficult for herself in the long term because of poor choices in the immediate.
My little girls been trained for nearly a year now, but not at night, she was dry for 6nights in a row at night, so we tried her for without nappy 2 nights she was dry then 2 nights she was wet so we put her back in nappies for the night & will try again she has just turnt 3. Those 2 nights changing bed sheets was mental so how shan does it most nights Is beyond me, she really needs to rethink potty training, she just seems like she's waiting for him to one day just stop having accidents without her actually intervening & trying to correct it. Its been that long now he proberly just thinks its normal 🙈

Reactions: 1
Oh absolutely, she 1000% didn’t do any actual potty training or anything of the sort, just took him out of nappies and packed him off to nursery and expected him to know what to do. This is the kind of imbecile she is.
---

Totally agree with everything you’ve said I was literally just thinking when I commented earlier that if he was just a few weeks or so older he’d be starting school this year and what a total disaster that would be!

Reactions: 3
Have they not gone a way a few weekends in a row now to escape the bathroom being done? Surely they could have put that money towards a professional to have it done in half the time.

Having a few days away from her phone because the signal is patchy, not because she actually wants too

Have they not gone a way a few weekends in a row now to escape the bathroom being done? Surely they could have put that money towards a professional to have it done in half the time.
This is precisely what I said a while back! It would have worked out bettee. Time is money and family time is precious.

Reactions: 4
Not only that but ash was there so nothing being done to bathroom either!

I've said this before my as soon as we started potty training my middle he was dry at night. Its nothing I did it's just one of those things. The rare time he has an accident is actual torture to be changing beds. Just put a pull up on G and give him a break.
I've also said before I don't think G is ready for potty training. She started it at such an emotional upheaval for him having a baby in the house. That poor boy is at 6s and 7s doesn't know whether he's coming or going. Imagine spending your whole day knackered and wet.

Having a few days away from her phone because the signal is patchy, not because she actually wants too
If signal is patchy, I fail to believe there is no WiFi where she's staying. I bet Ash told her to not share anything while they're away because he knows she's already given away in the past where their house is and publicising the house is empty. 😅

Reactions: 2
If signal is patchy, I fail to believe there is no WiFi where she's staying. I bet Ash told her to not share anything while they're away because he knows she's already given away in the past where their house is and publicising the house is empty. 😅
I literally just came back from another Forest Holidays site, we go all the time and their free wifi is really good. If she doesn't pay for the premium package she won't be able to cast from her phone and play TV for the kids, she'll only get terrestial channels.

So although there isn't great signal in most sites that only limits some phone calls. You can still make wifi call. So she is talking BS

One of the pics she posted says "letting the dad's do the hard graft for once" which is just proof that Ash is not involved with much parenting.

She also tagged her SIL so naturally I went to snoop. SIL Insta is private but links her work page. It seems Shan had a lash lift and tint back in March..... What happened to the brilliant false lashes she always banged on about.... 😂 I hope she got charged full price and not free coz they're "family".

Attachments

• Haha
Ooof look at the body language (or lack of) between her and Ash 😳
I thought the same thing. And that she looks just as tall as Ash in that picture?

But also Forest Holidays tends to be pretty pricey and I couldn't see her spending that amount of money. Sharing with another family it'll be peanuts. I just can't see how if they have 5 kids between them, how they are going to fit them all in one two bed cabin, unless they got a ton of cribs? Or the friends are simply visiting for the day.

Reactions: 2