HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t watched it but her new best mate Liv is always talking about her adhd (self diagnosed) so Shan will be jumping on this band wagon like she does with everything else.

Reactions: 3
It’s shameful that she’s put ADHD in the title when he hasn’t been diagnosed. She’s literally just using as as clickbait to up her views.

Side note: insta story of G asking for a snack whilst she relaxes in the hot tub. Why on earth does she have her camera out, filming the whole event? What a life.

Reactions: 5
Haven’t watched it but her new best mate Liv is always talking about her adhd (self diagnosed) so Shan will be jumping on this band wagon like she does with everything else.
I've only looked at Liv's content once out of curiosity. I hated all that she posted as she uses her kids for klout and disguises it as 'raising awareness about SEN' (bs) but didn't realise she was self diagnosed.

For the record I am ADHD and fully diagnosed by a psychiatrist. My dad has it and I think my eldest may have inherited it but too soon to tell as she is only 2. It really annoys me when people throw the term around without fully understanding the end-to-end symptoms. It can be really debilitating.

Shan's short attention span is due to her spending way too much time on social media, nothing else. From what I know of her I'd sooner diagnose her with autisim spectrum rather than adhd.

• Heart
So many stoopid posts today I cant even deal.

*buys second hand £10 plain m&s trousers and makes a bloody ad out of them* The cheek! The desperation!!

You can very easily tell who is paired with who by simply looking at who they are standing next to. There are two women in the middle so no need to look at feet positions!

Hottubs arent safe for under 5s or even older as children can't self regulate their temperature. So unless you lower the temperature way down, which most of the Forest Holidays hot tubs dont allow, George shouldnt be there even less so on a hot day. Does she ever follow ANY safety rules?? It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
He's not going to go to sleep whilst he is eating a bloody burger bun is he. She's such a nob I don't think I can even hate watch anymore. Just says the offensive idiotic things all the time.
Whose got ADHD her or G? Cus last I heard she had a chat with the HV about G ... that's not a diagnosis. Of course you don't need a diagnosis to know your child is SEN ... my middle is SEN no formal diagnosis yet but we are well in the process. Not chatting to HVs. We had those chats years ago.

Reactions: 1
Imagine all the crumbs! So unhygenic.

She is exaggerating massively, as always, about the 'wild' sleeping arrangements. They had two bedrooms, one double and one with twins which gives them a million options. The cribs Forest Holidays provide would be big enough to have G and H in them (one each) Or G could sleep in one of the twins with a guard (which FH also provide). Or they can cosleep with him.

How is that wild??

I've only looked at Liv's content once out of curiosity. I hated all that she posted as she uses her kids for klout and disguises it as 'raising awareness about SEN' (bs) but didn't realise she was self diagnosed.

For the record I am ADHD and fully diagnosed by a psychiatrist. My dad has it and I think my eldest may have inherited it but too soon to tell as she is only 2. It really annoys me when people throw the term around without fully understanding the end-to-end symptoms. It can be really debilitating.

Shan's short attention span is due to her spending way too much time on social media, nothing else. From what I know of her I'd sooner diagnose her with autisim spectrum rather than adhd.
I can totally understand how frustrating it must be for you and other who have an actual diagnosis and then these influencers jump on the bandwagon like it's some sort of trend without actually being diagnosed when really they have no idea! Liv talks about it in almost every vlog yet has mentioned before how she's never actually had a diagnosis. Seriously annoys me!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I enjoyed Shan telling me to have a spa day or a shopping day. She must realise that isn't an option for most people?

• Heart
In the new vlog where she’s talking about George in soft play where he had the beanbag and threw it at the table of squash, if she’s asked him several times to stop it and he hasn’t why hasn’t she gone over, taken the beanbag off him and moved him from where he was. No point being gentle if he isn’t listening because that’s not teaching him. The parents must have been more shocked at her parenting not him throwing it 🤯

Reactions: 4
In the new vlog where she’s talking about George in soft play where he had the beanbag and threw it at the table of squash, if she’s asked him several times to stop it and he hasn’t why hasn’t she gone over, taken the beanbag off him and moved him from where he was. No point being gentle if he isn’t listening because that’s not teaching him. The parents must have been more shocked at her parenting not him throwing it 🤯
I thought exactly the same. If I ask my toddler twice and she doesn't listen then I'm intervening. Shan just doesn't want to deal with a tantrum.

Reactions: 3
We do some form of gentle parenting and in my personal experience, you can't just tell a toddler to not do something, or to come to you and do something they don't want to do.

The only thing that has worked for me is explaining the consequences of their actions ("if you throw this you may break something and either you will get hurt or you might hurt someone"). If it's something dangerous like they've grabbed a pair of scissors when you weren't looking or climbing somewhere unsafe, I would remove them straight away and then (usually while they cry) give an explanation as to why it was dangerous to do so and so and that they can have some other object (their favourite toy) or we can play with their lego instead. That always ends the tears. I find they display those sort of behaviours out of boredom mostly - so it's a good cue to entertain them with something else.

I know every child is different and maybe not all will respond like mine do but you have to at least try! The diversion towards something more productive tactic tends to work with most children I know.

She's the type of parent out there giving actual gentle parenting a bad name when in reality she's a permissive/uninvolved parent. His behaviour is pretty much directly related to how she's parenting, not because he supposedly has ADHD.

It'll be intresting to see how her favourite golden child will be treated when she's a toddler and probably displaying the same behaviour as George. I guess she'll love that she can label her content as "mum of 2 ADHD children"

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Couldn’t agree more. There are so many scientifically proven negative effects of social media and scrolling.

She’s rolling with this ADHD thing now. Every post about G comes across as negative. Poor boy. Why can’t she ever post about what a good boy he has been for playing nicely with his toys or eating all his dinner up if she so feels the need to share every intricate part of his life. From what she posts, it seems as though he has a great diet and is willing to try a variety of foods. I’m jealous! My two are super fussy.

I haven’t watched the vlog but she constantly reminds us how we’re all in this together and how lots of people have sent her messages about their children being the same. I mean that’s the clue: 3 year olds can be brutal, it’s their job! It doesn’t mean every one of them has some form of SEND. Surely those comments alone would make her realise this. If she made mum friends in person (not influencers who she’s being influenced by) she’d see all children have their moments. But no. She’s just thinking of yet another way to cash in and build her channel and quite frankly, I’m disgusted at how she’s exploiting him.

• Heart
I’ve now watched the vlog as I was prepping dinner. My thoughts are:

- stop letting him nap for goodness sake
- the beanbag incident I mean she’s completely to blame for that, she rightly should have been mortified. She needed to give him one warning and then step in and those poor parents having to sit with wet trousers because of the jugs of juice being tipped over. There goes G’s invite to any more parties. They must think she’s a shocking parent! I’d have been fuming
- first and then board has got me fuming too. I’ve used these lots of times over the years through work and it seems as though she’s just printed a load of stuff of Twinkl, a website for teachers, without having any clue as to how to use them properly. With first and then boards, you’re meant to display one just one at a time, so as not to confuse the child. She’s just got a whole day laid out! How on earth is he meant to make any sense of that?! She shouldn’t use these tools unless she’s certain she’s using them properly 😡
- finally, maybe it’s just me but I find it so strange to put tv on and sit in another room and drink a tea whilst my child isn’t there. Sit with them ffs

Reactions: 6
Just been watching her vlog and she's doesn't say things that add up. She says he has half an hour of TV in the morning then says he gets to watch one or two episodes of twielywoos in that time. But I'm pretty sure twielywoos is only about 10 mins long each episode?!

She also talked about stuff he was watching before the "accidental" TV detox and the bizarre youtube stuff he was watching. Its pretty clear, because she's never in the room when he's watching TV that she actually realised what he was watching. If she was more mindful and actually watching TV with him, then she could control what he watches.

Obviously the effect of TV varies for each child, but I've been so strict with what my LG can watch. We noticed Pocoyo was causing meltdowns when being turned off so we stopped it and it made a difference. We don't let her watch films yet and only use YouTube when we are with her. I actually think it's Youtube kids is worse than actual youtube too so we don't use that.

She also said his behaviour still isn't brilliant despite the TV detox and supposedly watching less of it. I'm glad it hasn't coz then she'd just blame that for bus behaviour and not that fact her tit parenting is actually the cause of it all.

What the hell I'm watching her latest video now, the juice incident isn't a behaviour/additional needs incident...it's well and truly her tit parenting 😳

I’ve now watched the vlog as I was prepping dinner. My thoughts are:

- stop letting him nap for goodness sake
- the beanbag incident I mean she’s completely to blame for that, she rightly should have been mortified. She needed to give him one warning and then step in and those poor parents having to sit with wet trousers because of the jugs of juice being tipped over. There goes G’s invite to any more parties. They must think she’s a shocking parent! I’d have been fuming
- first and then board has got me fuming too. I’ve used these lots of times over the years through work and it seems as though she’s just printed a load of stuff of Twinkl, a website for teachers, without having any clue as to how to use them properly. With first and then boards, you’re meant to display one just one at a time, so as not to confuse the child. She’s just got a whole day laid out! How on earth is he meant to make any sense of that?! She shouldn’t use these tools unless she’s certain she’s using them properly 😡
- finally, maybe it’s just me but I find it so strange to put tv on and sit in another room and drink a tea whilst my child isn’t there. Sit with them ffs
In those boards as well she was chopping and changing what she used things to mean - sometimes the toys were playtime but in the morning it was supposed to mean nursery. How confusing.

• Wow
I can't get my head around how much time she spends chatting to the camera or messing around with a cup of tea while the kids are watching tv or sitting in the same room as her? I can't imagine sitting my child in another room watching tv on their own while talking about them as if they're not there! You can hear Halle fussing away in the background as well, it looks like she's just sitting in her high chair doing sweet F.A.

My time to grab a cup of tea and have my own down time is while my L.O is having a nap... same with most of the cleaning.