Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
I follow a lot of home accounts but I'm getting so wound up lately with them. The houses are either completely void of personality (new, grey and empty) or are a personality overload full of clashing colours and tat.

The pictures are the same thing every day, often flogging a new bit of tat they had to beg to be gifted to them.
The captions are so dull 'cosy night in with a candle/do you drink tea or coffee?/happy monday - let's do this'
The people who engage with them are just as bad - regardless of what the picture is of it's just 'gorgeous hun/beautiful/hope you're well/have a cosy evening' it's just the same people commenting on the same posts all the time it's all so mundane.

Which ones annoy you the most and why?

Reactions: 35

Loving the gossip

Am surprised no one had mentioned beckyhomesweethome. Her house makes me bloody itch its rammed full of so much shit. She also takes anything for free.

Reactions: 26

Sorrybutno

VIP Member
You know what makes me die about her, her jealousy towards home owners. She makes out she would hate to buy because she would have to pay for fixes etc. At least i dont have to ask permission to lay some shitty lino in the hall way 🤣🤣 I can do what I want to my house when i want. Im also not paying someone elses bills. Shes also got these big opinions on people that lease cars. We lease a brand new moto and u know what if anything breaks mercedes fix it and u know whats better in a years time they take it back and we get another brand new car. She might own that piece of absolute shit bmw but its worth about a tenner and they cant even afford to run the heap
Of shit. Her life is a massive embarrassment. Also there is nothing more Unattractive than a man that has no back bone. He works and pays for her weird spending habits and he cant even have a reduced frozen meal out the freezer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 19

Kermitsbuisness

The pictures are the same thing every day, often flogging a new bit of tat they had to beg to be gifted to them.
The captions are so dull 'cosy night in with a candle/do you drink tea or coffee?/happy monday - let's do this'
The people who engage with them are just as bad - regardless of what the picture is of it's just 'gorgeous hun/beautiful/hope you're well/have a cosy evening' it's just the same people commenting on the same posts all the time it's all so mundane.
Hahahahaha this 👆🏻 😂😂😂

‘Happy Monday Guys... you got this!!!!!’ Ohhhh bore off, you wouldn’t think it was a happy Monday if you were getting up for your 9-5 commute instead of getting up to drink coffee and take picture of your bedroom this afternoon to advertise your new gifted bed with the caption ‘afternoon nap anyone?’
Go awayyyyy

• Heart
Reactions: 17

mmmtat

I love following accounts then when their followers increase, so does the amount of ads and annoyance starts.

Reactions: 15

JessaP

Has anyone noticed that a lot of interior accounts post really tight shots of over styled segments of their rooms. Like the aforementioned alicegraceinteriors.

I always wonder if the rest of the room is empty because all of the items have been moved to one section of the room. It's a shame as you don't get a sense of scale of the room or to see if they actually can put a cohesive room together before you hire them.

Also, what is this obsession with adding faux fireplaces to newbuilds to add "character". Surely if something is inauthentic it can't add character- it's almost an oxymoron at this point. Why not come up with an original way to add character to a newbuild rather than desperately trying to make it look like a period house?

Reactions: 14

KeiraRose

Right after reading this thread my curiosity got the better of me and I had a look at Sparklesnest!

What can I say...not what I was expecting, looks like my grandma got a smartphone and started an insta. Nothing wrong with that but why are people following her, who is she, am I missing something?!

Reallllly shocked right now 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Love:
the_modernmum
oh_abode
at_home_with_the_Pells
thehousebuild
Ginashomex
Jens_den
Renovation_at_no54
alittlevicorianrenovation
fenloninteriors
homeobsessed2017

Hate:
mrshinchhome
taylormadehome
avamayaromas
pinkpeonyhome
buildthemushroom
cherryoakmanor
thealexandernest
the_suffolk_nest
Lydia's_Layton_life

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Olive40

I’ve another, my_mad_house_in_wales Honestly this woman is hilarious. She has a health condition so I won’t comment on her hygiene as I know it must be difficult to shower daily living with pain, but... over Christmas she said it had been a while since she showered and her feet were stinking. She couldn’t be bothered to wash them so she got a Dettol wipe, yes a Dettol wipe you clean your surfaces with, and wiped her feet with it and then put talc on them. Who even does that??? Just run them under the tap or wet a flannel with some soap. I was stunned she put that on her stories 😂😂

• Sick
  • Haha

JessaP

I don't have any problem with clearly labelled ads and the monetization of content when an influencer has built a following.

What irks me is that all this gifting and discounts has homogenized design. Everyone has the same gifted brands in their house. There's clear style tribes on IG (scandi/boho/period/faux period) and all the homes within these categories look more or less the same.

The only accounts that are worth following, in my opinion, our actual interior designers. Yes they're advertising their services but you see things that are different and so well thought out. You get a sense of the person the home was designed for which is wonderful! Not the same 'be kind' prints and loaf sofas.

NosyNorahh

VIP Member
That Woman is the biggest joke on Instagram. Sells herself as a budget shopper but is constantly in debt. She can’t stand that her crappy little house isn’t ‘insta worthy’. Her eldest Child is ridiculously far behind developmentally and the youngest is indeed feral and has inherited her Mother’s unhealthy relationship with food. She is an absolute joke 😂

Boobsbargs needs to put her phone away and have a wash, put clean clothes on and sort her ferel Daughter out!!! She doesn’t stop moaning while filming 24/7

• Haha
Reactions: 12

UsernameLeah

Now ALL the home interiors instagram ladies are obsessed with Reels. I hate Reels with a passion. They think they're being "creative" and "fun" but the next post of someone "snapping their fingers" so the house would appear all tidy/the christmas tree assembled/the dishes washed/the laundry done I'm going to a) scream and b) hit unfollow. I'm done with the herd mentality.

• Haha

Anotherdayanotherwalk

Can I add panelling in to the mix? So many of the home interiors acvounts now seem obsessed with nailing rectangles of wood to their walls declaring it brings character...

• Heart
  • Haha

Lucille

I'm so sick of all the Lumi pushers. £200 for a piece of plastic that moves make up around your face, instead of removing it 🙃 No thanks.

Reactions: 11

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
I have a love/hate thing with thelittlestonecottage! She used to be really hands on with the DIY but now takes credit for her husbands work and spends the rest of her time doing ad after ad! She’s one of the most insipid people ever. For the size of her following I’m surprised she doesn’t have her own thread (yet!)

There are a whole group of instahuns who are the exact same too 🙄
OMG I'm so glad someone said this, I cannot stand her now. I used to love her pretty cottage when she was just sharing her DIY and progress but now she's just so smug with her continual ads and don't get me started on her stories.

"I've had sooooo many DMs about blah, I'll try my best to reply to to them but I'm just so busy" - as if we're lucky to be graced with a response

I just cannot stand it when these people progress into thinking they are full time influencers and that we're hanging on their every word with baited breath. She really does think a lot of herself!

Star_girl

I’ve just watched Sparklesnest too. She hadn’t got two braincells to rub together!
He’s practically 18 - does she think on the eve of your 18th birthday you go to bed and in the morning you wake up with a new body and immune system!
Wouldn’t you just be thankful your son had been vaccinated
Does she think the NHS have nothing better to do than to pander to her!!!!! She is one spoilt bitch and thinks the world revolves around her
Your son is an adult practically he has a tongue in his head he could have just confirmed the vaccine before they gave it to him-but as usual Sparklesnest takes no responsibility (the mcdonald’s covid saga revisited)
The woman actually lives for drama and attention it’s embarrassingly tragic for a woman in her 70s

mindlessness

VIP Member
Everything about you is so average!
I swear this is the case for some many in the UK interiors IG world! Average is fine and lovely and normal. I like seeing normal homes! But lordy, the inflated sense of self some of the Instagrammers have about their design taste and abilities etc.

Bestlife@60

VIP Member
Boobsbargs needs to put her phone away and have a wash, put clean clothes on and sort her ferel Daughter out!!! She doesn’t stop moaning while filming 24/7