Home influencers you love to hate and why

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow a lot of home accounts but I'm getting so wound up lately with them. The houses are either completely void of personality (new, grey and empty) or are a personality overload full of clashing colours and tat.

The pictures are the same thing every day, often flogging a new bit of tat they had to beg to be gifted to them.
The captions are so dull 'cosy night in with a candle/do you drink tea or coffee?/happy monday - let's do this'
The people who engage with them are just as bad - regardless of what the picture is of it's just 'gorgeous hun/beautiful/hope you're well/have a cosy evening' it's just the same people commenting on the same posts all the time it's all so mundane.

Which ones annoy you the most and why?

Reactions: 35
I have a love/hate thing with thelittlestonecottage! She used to be really hands on with the DIY but now takes credit for her husbands work and spends the rest of her time doing ad after ad! She’s one of the most insipid people ever. For the size of her following I’m surprised she doesn’t have her own thread (yet!)

There are a whole group of instahuns who are the exact same too 🙄

Reactions: 8
I have a love/hate thing with thelittlestonecottage! She used to be really hands on with the DIY but now takes credit for her husbands work and spends the rest of her time doing ad after ad! She’s one of the most insipid people ever. For the size of her following I’m surprised she doesn’t have her own thread (yet!)

OMG I'm so glad someone said this, I cannot stand her now. I used to love her pretty cottage when she was just sharing her DIY and progress but now she's just so smug with her continual ads and don't get me started on her stories.

"I've had sooooo many DMs about blah, I'll try my best to reply to to them but I'm just so busy" - as if we're lucky to be graced with a response

I just cannot stand it when these people progress into thinking they are full time influencers and that we're hanging on their every word with baited breath. She really does think a lot of herself!

Reactions: 11
They’re all at it this weekend, tell me your top small businesses so I can fleece them for some free tit 🙈

Reactions: 11
I follow a lot of home accounts but I'm getting so wound up lately with them. The houses are either completely void of personality (new, grey and empty) or are a personality overload full of clashing colours and tat.

The pictures are the same thing every day, often flogging a new bit of tat they had to beg to be gifted to them.
The captions are so dull 'cosy night in with a candle/do you drink tea or coffee?/happy monday - let's do this'
The people who engage with them are just as bad - regardless of what the picture is of it's just 'gorgeous hun/beautiful/hope you're well/have a cosy evening' it's just the same people commenting on the same posts all the time it's all so mundane.

Which ones annoy you the most and why?
Totally agree, there seems to be nothing in between, and the captions are really yawn

Reactions: 3
It’s jpslifeandloves for me. Im surprised there isn’t a thread for him. He’s vile 🤢
Yes! Glad someone said this. And his fake “oh I’m such a lovely guy” thing is dreadful. He seems so bitchy and nasty to anyone that isn’t one of his “darlings”!

Reactions: 4
Totally agree, there seems to be nothing in between, and the captions are really yawn
Oh aren’t they just? None of them have anything interesting or intelligent to say. Picture of a bathroom = ‘do you prefer baths or showers?’
Picture of the kitchen = ‘are you a tea of coffee person?’
Picture or the living room = ‘what’s everyone watching at the moment? Send me your recommendations.

unless it’s an advert in which case it’s the best product they’ve ever had even though they wouldn’t be caught dead paying for it!

Reactions: 8
Write_to_manisha

Her house is stunning. Although she sounds as posh as can be, she has the best sense of humour ever. She brightens up my day 😊

Reactions: 10
Awww it's nice to hear about one someone actually likes! I'll check her out :)
Check out her highlights. House goals or what!!! She had a guy called tom who " was pruning her bush" it is her topiary balls in the front garden, and she was drooling over him. But not even hiding it. Honestly she's a breath of fresh air on Instagram

Reactions: 3
Check out her highlights. House goals or what!!! She had a guy called tom who " was pruning her bush" it is her topiary balls in the front garden, and she was drooling over him. But not even hiding it. Honestly she's a breath of fresh air on Instagram
I just watched it. Tom can come and trim my bush anytime he fancies!

1lavendercottage, I still love her actually, but today she posted a load of aff swipe ups for crazy expensive things that she obviously hasn’t purchased herself. Things like La Mer cream and prada belts. It’s well dodgy, I don’t know if I’ve missed something and it’s actually ok for her to do that, but I just thought how cheeky!

Reactions: 4
1lavendercottage, I still love her actually, but today she posted a load of aff swipe ups for crazy expensive things that she obviously hasn’t purchased herself. Things like La Mer cream and prada belts. It’s well dodgy, I don’t know if I’ve missed something and it’s actually ok for her to do that, but I just thought how cheeky!
It's allowed, as it's marked as ad/aff etc. but it's a bit shady trying to make money recommending things she hasn't even bought herself!

Back to this one, any one else get the feeling she thinks we're lucky that she's able to share some content with us in between her busy schedule of from what I can see consists of pretty much just working on ads?

Reactions: 2
It's me 💁🏽‍♀️ THAAAAANKS so much. I was totally honest and said it was a game of guess the price where I get 3p a swipe!! You might have missed the first story saying. I don't recommend anything or anywhere I haven't bought from! Xx

God thelittlestonecottage is insufferable at the moment. Has anyone seen the condescending drivel on stories about her pissy candle? “Bringing my cosy cottage vibes into your homes” 🤢 what a twit

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
God thelittlestonecottage is insufferable at the moment. Has anyone seen the condescending drivel on stories about her pissy candle? “Bringing my cosy cottage vibes into your homes” 🤢 what a twit
I’d prefer it if she kept her vibes to her self! I can’t believe she did a countdown for a post about a sodding candle! Get over yourself love!

Reactions: 1
Now ALL the home interiors instagram ladies are obsessed with Reels. I hate Reels with a passion. They think they're being "creative" and "fun" but the next post of someone "snapping their fingers" so the house would appear all tidy/the christmas tree assembled/the dishes washed/the laundry done I'm going to a) scream and b) hit unfollow. I'm done with the herd mentality.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.