Home influencers you love to hate and why

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree she needs a thread on here. I didn't mind when she started advertising a few Next pieces but now it's Warehouse and today George at Asda. I think she's an All Saints type person not George so clearly it's just turned into ads and swipe ups. The hair curler ads as well are just desperate to promote anything.

She no longer seems genuine just a catalogue model

Reactions: 2
She said the other week her daughter is doing ‘her influencer thing’ so I guess college has gone out of the window. Such a shame as she was a good account. Now it’s all freebies and people saying ‘you could be sisters’
Here it is

Reactions: 1
She said the other week her daughter is doing ‘her influencer thing’ so I guess college has gone out of the window. Such a shame as she was a good account. Now it’s all freebies and people saying ‘you could be sisters’
They all sell out in the end! I am borderline unfollowing a couple who keep storying to say they have a big 'reno' project coming up! WE GET IT YOU WANT IT ALL GIVEN

Reactions: 5
I follow a lot of home accounts but I'm getting so wound up lately with them. The houses are either completely void of personality (new, grey and empty) or are a personality overload full of clashing colours and tat.

The pictures are the same thing every day, often flogging a new bit of tat they had to beg to be gifted to them.
The captions are so dull 'cosy night in with a candle/do you drink tea or coffee?/happy monday - let's do this'
The people who engage with them are just as bad - regardless of what the picture is of it's just 'gorgeous hun/beautiful/hope you're well/have a cosy evening' it's just the same people commenting on the same posts all the time it's all so mundane.

Which ones annoy you the most and why?
Is there a thread on the.home.affair ? Seriously annoying reels and desperate to be discovered. Nice house tho but loves herself too much

Reactions: 6
Has anyone noticed that a lot of interior accounts post really tight shots of over styled segments of their rooms. Like the aforementioned alicegraceinteriors.

I always wonder if the rest of the room is empty because all of the items have been moved to one section of the room. It's a shame as you don't get a sense of scale of the room or to see if they actually can put a cohesive room together before you hire them.

Also, what is this obsession with adding faux fireplaces to newbuilds to add "character". Surely if something is inauthentic it can't add character- it's almost an oxymoron at this point. Why not come up with an original way to add character to a newbuild rather than desperately trying to make it look like a period house?

Reactions: 14
Home_withabbie thought she was really relatable and now she’s got the dreaded 10k it’s swipes etc - so disappointing when they do that!

Has anyone noticed that a lot of interior accounts post really tight shots of over styled segments of their rooms. Like the aforementioned alicegraceinteriors.

I always wonder if the rest of the room is empty because all of the items have been moved to one section of the room. It's a shame as you don't get a sense of scale of the room or to see if they actually can put a cohesive room together before you hire them.

Also, what is this obsession with adding faux fireplaces to newbuilds to add "character". Surely if something is inauthentic it can't add character- it's almost an oxymoron at this point. Why not come up with an original way to add character to a newbuild rather than desperately trying to make it look like a period house?
It’s bizarre isn’t it! Buy a character property if you want character! In the case of alicegrace I think you’re right, she even says herself she won’t do a tour of the house as it doesn’t really look like the pics - probably because the rest of the rooms are empty! It’s her books that piss me off the most, she’s actually styled them all to look messy!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

This is my pet hate. Analisa and her faux fire to give ‘character’.

I don't mind a faux fire if it is in keeping. Couple of people have said its there until they can afford the real deal, but least they're transparent.
It’s not that it’s not a real fire it’s that the whole thing is a fireplace in a box that’s pushed against wall and plugged in. Then swapped for another one she preferred. How is that character? 😂

It’s not that it’s not a real fire it’s that the whole thing is a fireplace in a box that’s pushed against wall and plugged in. Then swapped for another one she preferred. How is that character? 😂
Exactly! If you've added a faux chimney breast into a newbuild that doesn't have a chimney on the roof - you've no understanding of authenticity.

You can save up and buy really beautiful stoves and fireplaces that are freestanding.
They will actually in keep with your modern home and add character.

Reactions: 4
Can I add panelling in to the mix? So many of the home interiors acvounts now seem obsessed with nailing rectangles of wood to their walls declaring it brings character...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Can I add panelling in to the mix? So many of the home interiors acvounts now seem obsessed with nailing rectangles of wood to their walls declaring it brings character...
I agree it does seem to be a little bonkers. I have to admit that I have panelled by stairs though 😂🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Can’t stand the effing stuff unless it’s in a character home. Why does everyone want their houses to look the same?

Reactions: 6
Any thoughts on stripesinthecity ? She was previouslybathomewithanna, I used to love her account but now her stories are nearly 90% swipe ups

Any thoughts on stripesinthecity ? She was previouslybathomewithanna, I used to love her account but now her stories are nearly 90% swipe ups
I started to follow her just before the name change. I can’t believe how different she is!!! Constantly showing what she’s bought now. Think she’s just moved house too! It will be never ending now 🙈

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.