Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she so passive aggressive??? I get where she’s coming from but Jesus....
And why did she need to specify it was her masters at UCL.

Hey Holly, I've written a better reply for you:

I'm still at university but doing it online. That said I won't be there forever but I still hope you enjoy following my journey.

Reactions: 27
She must be such a bitter person. I can't imagine living my life thinking that everything is a personal attack.
I wonder if she lacks reading comprehension skills as there really wasn’t anything critical there. Either that or for some reason she’s incredibly sensitive about her decision to stay at home for her Masters.

Reactions: 21
She’s disgusting
I thought she was one of the good ones... I used to cut her a lot of slack because deep down I thought her core values were okay but she seems to have gone full influencer in how she treats others but also how she begs for things (asics runners) or accepts things (Microsoft surface) with very little thought of the environmental or social impacts things like that create and cause. At the age of 20 something she's got literally no excuse for being uninformed about the world but especially her own privilege (tutoring business). I pity her obivious mental illness (eating disorder) and through my own experiences with people close to me recognise that sometimes it isn't as simple as saying 'get help' when the person believes it is fine but this also does not excuse all the above behaviour.

To top it off her rudeness to her followers that allow her to live financlly comfortably is disgusting.

I unfollowed her a long time ago, I hope the broader community start realising how problematic she is.

I wonder if she lacks reading comprehension skills as there really wasn’t anything critical there. Either that or for some reason she’s incredibly sensitive about her decision to stay at home for her Masters.
She's always been like this tbh. Quite a few years ago when she was just starting out I commented that I didn't enjoy all the bloopers at the start of videos because I just wanted to watch the actual video and maybe she could put them at the end so those interested could watch and her and Emily both saw it as a personal attack against her character and went after me?

I guess when your whole personality is veganism and working out you maybe interpt anything semi-critical as an attack 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Maybe she's just on edge cause she's scared of leaving uni. I mean, if that recent sit down video was any indication she's TERRIFIED of not being a student anymore - she went on for like ten minutes about how great this is, how excited she is, how well she's coping with the changes in her life, how she's overcome all her previous problems (like lack of socializing skills and overworking) on her own, how she's FINE now, how she's never felt so good..

Every time she's done a video like this in the past, talking about how great she's doing, it has actually been the opposite. Not just her infamous 'I cured my eating disorder by going vegan in the summer before going to Cambridge I'm fine now :)' video. Also e.g. during her first year at Cambridge she kept talking about how great she's doing emotionally, only to admit years later that she actually had homesickness issues that were so sever she had to get support from her College wellness team for it. Or when she did a video at the start of her Master's about how great she's feeling and how happy she is studying from home - only to later admit in that now-deleted 'Binge-eating oats' video that she was actually very unhappy during that time and that's why she "binged on oats".

I'm sure someone who has actually watched all her videos could add more examples, but anyway my Hot Take is that Holly's super scared of leaving uni and that's why she lashes out at people in the comments.

(Also that's kind of interesting since it seems to imply she won't be doing a PhD after all? But who knows)

Why is she so passive aggressive??? I get where she’s coming from but Jesus....
That is bare awkward💀 she should apologise for that one. Also, I feel like it’s quite obvious the person was referring to the covid19 situation? How has she even jumped to the conclusion that this person was saying they didn’t want her to move on from uni? Tf loool

Reactions: 17
She’s clearly very insecure. She says she’s okay with having her life online and sharing things, but anyone makes a direct comment (mean or not) and she pounces on you and tears you down.

as someone said, all of hollys ‘I’m cured and completely fine, I’m doing amazing’ videos are usually a precursor to her unravelling and having one of her emotional blips.

She mentioned before about her and her family having ‘the talk’ once every few months about holly’s emotions once she got too overwhelmed with how she was feeling. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s still happening.

Holly clearly has emotion regulation issues- which is no doubt exacerbated by her eating disorder and hormone imbalances. The fact she can’t seem to be emotionally supportive of herself is worrying. She has to either rant to a camera about her problems (and then complains about how little of a personal life she has......), or has to collapse in a complete heap in front of her parents.

okay yes we all need emotional support, but by the age of 23 it’s sort of common for you to be able to support yourself through tricky times. She has no capability of being alone without falling back on her comforting behaviours (overworking and not eating well).

If she’s still not in therapy she damn well needs to be.

• Heart
I agree so much with the above posts. Also it's not a coping strategy or healthy whatsoever to use your online presence as a coping mechanism or an excuse to not have social skills (having X followers isn't a mark of interpersonal skills).

Reactions: 12
I feel bad for the poor fan who felt the need to apologise

Reactions: 16
To some extent, I feel like it's quite common to see people struggling with coming out of lockdown and figuring out their lives back. Holly will come out of it leaving behind her main personality trait which is being a top student. I agree with everyone here that it's clear that she is very insecure about it. I wonder if she makes those videos to consciously deceive her audience or to convince herself that she's fine, I'm inclined to believe the later.

She's super comfortable being a student because even though she works impossible hours, she still achieves her top-of-the-class goals. To be equally successful out of school/uni, several more skills are needed (varying from career to career, workplace to workplace) like strong communication, team work, critical thinking etc. and she's aware that they are not her forte. I do hope she takes the time she needs to face her insecurities and work on them, instead of dismissing her fears and eventually having a breakdown.

Reactions: 9
sorry to go OT but i cannot watch her say 'water time' without thinking of water time before a night out at uni, although obviously quite different haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
okay yes we all need emotional support, but by the age of 23 it’s sort of common for you to be able to support yourself through tricky times. She has no capability of being alone without falling back on her comforting behaviours (overworking and not eating well).

If she’s still not in therapy she damn well needs to be.
Bit contradictory to say she should be able to support herself through tricky times then two sentences later say she should be in therapy. Everyone's on a different timeline with mental health, especially during the pandemic, and 23 is still relatively young, particularly considering how sheltered her life has been so far

Reactions: 7
Bit contradictory to say she should be able to support herself through tricky times then two sentences later say she should be in therapy. Everyone's on a different timeline with mental health, especially during the pandemic, and 23 is still relatively young, particularly considering how sheltered her life has been so far
I read 'support yourself' as in being able to recognise when you're struggling and putting on place things that will help whether that be reaching out to friends, therapy etc. The problem with Holly is that she's in denial about the fact she's struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I read 'support yourself' as in being able to recognise when you're struggling and putting on place things that will help whether that be reaching out to friends, therapy etc. The problem with Holly is that she's in denial about the fact she's struggling.
Yeah, same. And therapy would (hopefully) help her develop healthy coping mechanisms that aren't posting a video saying she's going to solve all her problems only to crash and burn a few months later

Reactions: 11
. Also e.g. during her first year at Cambridge she kept talking about how great she's doing emotionally, only to admit years later that she actually had homesickness issues that were so sever she had to get support from her College wellness team for it.
When did she say this? I never watched that video.
She's so enmeshed with her family, it's weird. Especially given how cold they all seem.

Reactions: 1
When did she say this? I never watched that video.
She's so enmeshed with her family, it's weird. Especially given how cold they all seem.
I suspect the coldness is part of the problem. Holly seems to be desperately trying to get something she needs from her family that doesn’t seem to be there, to the point that when she’s with them all she seems to do is perform and try to gain some kind of validation. I dont think she’s really developed much of an identity beyond whatever role she needs to perform at home, which is becoming more of an issue the older she gets and the more divergent he life seems from what’s typical’ for someone her age. I feel sorry for her, on the one hand, but on the other I find her frustrating. Mainly because she’s promoting really unhealthy approaches to pretty much everything to a youngish audience, and two, because she genuinely seems to think that she’s so much better than her audience and that gets worse the more she’s challenged. It’s like she thinks she’s doing a really good job of hiding her issues when to most people, they really couldn’t be more obvious.

Reactions: 10
Yep- that’s exactly what I meant. Sorry if it came across as unclear. I’ve been in therapy myself however it took me having the self awareness and support of my own actions to be able to get anything productive from it. In no way would I ever say people shouldn’t reach out- more you should know when and how to reach out.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.