Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty shameless begging for a massage gun in that latest video...
I HATE it when influencers do this. The Adidas shoes are what caused me to unfollow her. You've got enough effing money Holly. Buy two and donate one to someone in need or an underfunded community sports team.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I HATE it when influencers do this. The Adidas shoes are what caused me to unfollow her. You've got enough effing money Holly. Buy two and donate one to someone in need or an underfunded community sports team.
but..but... if she gets them gifted it doesn't count as new, if she goes out and buys them she will lose her "i only use depop" streak... poor Holly!! /s

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
ITS THE SAME WITH THE SHAMELESS ‘this blender is good we have had it for ages BUT I WOULD LOOOOVEEE A VITAMIX’

GET IT YOUR DAMN SELF IF YOU WANT IT SO BADLY YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF POUNDS

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
but..but... if she gets them gifted it doesn't count as new, if she goes out and buys them she will lose her "i only use depop" streak... poor Holly!! /s
Omg I'm even angrier/ grossed out now.

I donate all my used clothes to a charity around the corner to me (so no carbon footprint of shipping them with depop but yes I don't make money from it). The same charity shop is also my first port of call whenever I need a piece of clothing. Because of that I can count on one hand the pieces of clothing that I've bought new in the past 3 years. None of it shipped and all from brands that don't practice fast fashion. Sure depop is a good way to get people into thrifting but it definitely isn't the most eco friendly or ethical way to do it imo. Holly is more and more becoming someone who does things for looks with no actual care about the impact she makes imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg I'm even angrier/ grossed out now.

I donate all my used clothes to a charity around the corner to me (so no carbon footprint of shipping them with depop but yes I don't make money from it). The same charity shop is also my first port of call whenever I need a piece of clothing. Because of that I can count on one hand the pieces of clothing that I've bought new in the past 3 years. None of it shipped and all from brands that don't practice fast fashion. Sure depop is a good way to get people into thrifting but it definitely isn't the most eco friendly or ethical way to do it imo. Holly is more and more becoming someone who does things for looks with no actual care about the impact she makes imo.
oh totally!!! I already think Jade's and Ruby's notions of sustainability are quite skewed and f-d up really but nothing compares to Holly!
Like she should stop preaching about sustainability until I can get a month long break between two times where she eats mango..
I really feel like she doesn't know anything about shipping (maybe it's because she never leaves her house, so she doesn't understand the concept of distance, not sure) like Narna is made on the other side of the world, she eats bananas, mangoes and avocados constantly .. I understand consuming local is not the only thing to be done, and that she does try in other aspects but this is just jarring

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is what annoys me about (parts of) the vegan community. Saying they care about the environment and the planet but avocado toast is trendy and tasty so screw the planet

Reactions: 13
This is what annoys me about (parts of) the vegan community. Saying they care about the environment and the planet but avocado toast is trendy and tasty so screw the planet
yeh exactly, obviously meat uses loads of water and is highly polluting but it is not as simple as giving up meat to be more environmental. things like almondsand avocado use an jnsane amount of water to grow and that is before even considering the fact they need to be transported half way across ththe world. I wish there would be more discussion of this

Reactions: 13
yeh exactly, obviously meat uses loads of water and is highly polluting but it is not as simple as giving up meat to be more environmental. things like almondsand avocado use an jnsane amount of water to grow and that is before even considering the fact they need to be transported half way across ththe world. I wish there would be more discussion of this
Right?!
I think people need to be more educated about eating local and also to eat what's in season!

Reactions: 9
yeah but I'm quite confident that most avocados are eaten by meat eaters... lots of just lactose intolerant people drink almond milk..
I don't think associating these foods specifically with just vegans is a solid argument

The point that should be made imo is that Holly promotes the sustainability of veganism whilst not making her veganism sustainable - she says that she is vegan for the animals, her "health" and the environment, but the last one isn't true because she doesn't make her diet focused on sustainability

It's fine if by being vegan you're more sustainable than you would be otherwise, but don't claim you are inherently sustainable when you eat tropical fruit daily and have ZERO clue about seasonality

Reactions: 6
Avocados still have less of an environmental impact than meat. Eg. For every kilo of lamb consumed, 39.2kg of CO2 is emitted, which is over 46 times larger than an average pack of avocados. Avocados are also a great source of nutrients for vegans, and one of the few sources of fat in Holly's diet. But by eating them so frequently, along with fruits such as mangos, Holly clearly isn't being mindful of making her veganism as sustainable as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Avocados still have less of an environmental impact than meat. Eg. For every kilo of lamb consumed, 39.2kg of CO2 is emitted, which is over 46 times larger than an average pack of avocados. Avocados are also a great source of nutrients for vegans, and one of the few sources of fat in Holly's diet. But by eating them so frequently, along with fruits such as mangos, Holly clearly isn't being mindful of making her veganism as sustainable as possible.
Her veganism is clearly not based on environmentalism anyway is it? it is just another way of her to restrict

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Her veganism is clearly not based on environmentalism anyway is it? it is just another way of her to restrict
Yeah, I've never once got the impression she's passionate about animal welfare or sustainability. Did she even post about the g7 summit?

Yeah, I've never once got the impression she's passionate about animal welfare or sustainability. Did she even post about the g7 summit?
ofc she doesn't care but she does mention them when people ask her why she is vegan. She did go to the animals right's march back in 2019 I think?

So she does talk about it veryyyyyyy sparsely but more so to cover up the real reason she started - I do see that she has somewhat improved compared to 2016/2017 but there is still a long way to go until her vegan diet becomes properly healthy, filling, etc and she can then represent veganism (really tired of ED sufferers using veganism to hide and then promote their own sick version of it, which leads to the public believing that every vegan hates fats and carbs and protein, just eats bland veg...)

Reactions: 6
Yeah and honestly I don't think Holly has the necessary awareness/knowledge to care about sustainability and climate change issues. I mean, it wasn't all that long ago when she proudly announced that she is going to start to listen to the news from time to time after not following the news at all before. And I haven't been following what she reads that closely but I seem to remember the nonfiction books she read were like, a book on how to be a successful runner and an autobiography of a ballerina? Which is fine obviously but I don't recall Holly reading up on climate change issues or anything.

I guess she's just too busy planning out her own diet and exercise (though as we learned in that new video, Holly doesn't have any problems related to eating or weight at all /s)

• Haha
ofc she doesn't care but she does mention them when people ask her why she is vegan. She did go to the animals right's march back in 2019 I think?

So she does talk about it veryyyyyyy sparsely but more so to cover up the real reason she started - I do see that she has somewhat improved compared to 2016/2017 but there is still a long way to go until her vegan diet becomes properly healthy, filling, etc and she can then represent veganism (really tired of ED sufferers using veganism to hide and then promote their own sick version of it, which leads to the public believing that every vegan hates fats and carbs and protein, just eats bland veg...)
I rewatched the video where she went to the animal rights march in 2018 and even in that she doesn't talk about animal rights! She says 'the aim of today is to find the best sign!', she doesn't make or take a sign herself, and the main focus of the video seems to be on what she's eating, what her and Emily are wearing, and meeting up with Jade. She just saw it as a fun day out in London and content opportunity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Lol I was looking for that Animal Rights March 2018 video out of curiosity and found another one from 2017 on Emily's channel and omg Emily and Holly are like the most awkward protest march attendees ever. I mean, activism is great and all, good for them, but man that video was just so awkward xD But yeah I guess out of the two Emily is more interested in activism.

Here's the link btw:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.