Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The other thing that bothers me is how much she complains about changing a bed. You’re 23, stop getting your mum to change your sheets for you. Oh, and at least you have a £1m house to stay in.... yno???
It is actually so cringe, my mum would not bother changing my sheets for me above the age of 14, let alone age 23. I feel bad for her because of her problems, but with stuff like this its just like... get a grip man

Reactions: 27
she's been back home for almost 2 years... no excuses at 23..
yeah really, I feel like all of these lack of "practical" life skills just play into her obsession with academia, how she would cope with living in a flat/alone seem impossible as she just obsesses over studying

Reactions: 10
yeah really, I feel like all of these lack of "practical" life skills just play into her obsession with academia, how she would cope with living in a flat/alone seem impossible as she just obsesses over studying
she would move into a studio in one of those buildings meant as private halls, with the simple laundry machines and anyway would go home every two to three weeks for mommy to do the washing like when she was at Cambridge... I'm just shocked to see how frequently her and Ruby would go back home

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It’s no bad thing to see family and want to see them but the fact Holly literally said she can see herself living at home for a few more years just baffles me.

Does she really want to limit her future job prospects to London only because she’s too immature to leave home? She needs the damn life experience and she won’t get it by being babied by her mother every day. Same for Emily tbh.

Reactions: 9
I can't get over the fact she's complained to high heaven about how she didn't want to live at home after Australia because she didn't feel independent... But she lets her mum change her sheets and do all her washing, come on Holly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also how is she giving productivity tips hahahaha how productive are you if you can't manage a degree and your own washing 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm around her age and living at home, but all that's done for me is cooking and grocery shopping. I can't imagine letting my mom change my bedsheets.

Reactions: 7
Tbf though we all know how controlling Hollys mum can be when it comes to cleaning so maybe she doesn’t trust holly to do the washing or change her sheets lol:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh wow. Honestly just makes it seem even weirder that Holly is usually cooking her own lunch/dinner etc - like she doesn't even change her own bedsheets but she makes all her own meals and doesn't even have breakfast with the rest of the family etc. Just weird.

Though to be fair I can picture her mom being really controlling/overbearing and insisting on doing these things for Holly to make sure that they're done right. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Holly needs to move the duck out before she can get better and have some personal growth.

edit: oh wow literally same hat @octoppus182 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What's the deal with people like Ruby or Holly not doing any chores but not eating any meals with their families? Is that normal in the UK?

Reactions: 12
What's the deal with people like Ruby or Holly not doing any chores but not eating any meals with their families? Is that normal in the UK?
I can only speak from my own experience but I almost always have dinner with my family (but we usually have breakfast and lunch alone because we eat at different times) so it’s fairly normal to eat with family at least once a day.
As for chores, it’s generally expected of you (again in my experience) to help out around the house once you’re like a teenager. Certainly at Hollys age, most people I know do lots of chores if they’re still living at home.

I personally think that not doing household chores is odd, I think most people living with their parents in the UK still would help out with at least some jobs.
Not eating together as a family, eating different things to your family or not eating at a table is completely normal though tbh

Reactions: 3
Also
Most of you have probably already heard this but Nikki Grahame has just died from anorexia after suffering for years with repeated relapses and not being able to get the help she needed on the NHS. It really made me think of holly, she has suffered for years now too and I really pray she is able to get the help she needs asap because she is clearly deteriorating rapidly and it is a scary road to go down. The longer you stay sick the less likely you are to ever fully recover.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
What’s weird to me is that Holly is now living at home as a 24(?) year old adult and she isn’t doing stuff like her own washing and changing her bed. That seems so strange, at the very least at 24 you’d want a bit of privacy and control of the space that’s ‘yours’ - and surely your parents would acknowledge that too. Even if her mum is really controlling about how stuff is washed and when, Holly could still strip her own bed and carry it down to the washing machine. I know all families are odd and maybe Holly is paying her parents a lot to live at home and bed-stripping is included in the cost 🙄 but surely even as a paying adult you’d feel a bit responsible for doing some chores around the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What’s weird to me is that Holly is now living at home as a 24(?) year old adult and she isn’t doing stuff like her own washing and changing her bed. That seems so strange, at the very least at 24 you’d want a bit of privacy and control of the space that’s ‘yours’ - and surely your parents would acknowledge that too. Even if her mum is really controlling about how stuff is washed and when, Holly could still strip her own bed and carry it down to the washing machine. I know all families are odd and maybe Holly is paying her parents a lot to live at home and bed-stripping is included in the cost 🙄 but surely even as a paying adult you’d feel a bit responsible for doing some chores around the house.
oh god i forgot she was 4 years older than me 💀 💀 i hated the idea of anyone but me doing my washing and stuff when I was 15, let alone 24. yikes!!

Reactions: 11
oh god i forgot she was 4 years older than me 💀 💀 i hated the idea of anyone but me doing my washing and stuff when I was 15, let alone 24. yikes!!
Completely agree. I'd be affronted that someone else was touching my dirty clothes 😂 Part of this must be from being in halls for the entirety of uni as well. Living in a house share, where you are responsible for the whole house and not just your bedroom made me grow up a lot. I think it helps make you realise that you're in a household of adults when you move back home and you need to pull your own weight rather than digressing back into that parent-child mindset.

Reactions: 5
Also such an odd dynamic because Holly does pay rent to be at home so like she is technically an adult in the house. And yet she still behaves like she’s 14? I mean who knows whether her mother is that much of a control freak that she won’t let her own kids wash their clothes but come on. Paying rent and then not even doing adult things around the house??!??

I also think a lot of the reason why Holly eats alone a lot of the time stems from her ED. She has full control 24/7 over what she eats and it’s obvious that she wouldn’t cope well if her parents cooked hot meals for her. She would be standing over the stove policing probably.

I do think that a lot of her immaturity stems from her mum being pretty controlling, especially about cleaning. It’s like that time she mentioned that her mum would get mad at her for drinking her smoothie on her bed... I was shocked at that because she’s literally 24 and her mum doesn’t trust her not to spill the smoothie? And anyway, even if she did spill it - she’s 24, so she can wash the sheets?
im sure there’s been other instances of things her mum doesn’t like her doing, but it just seems weird that her mum would not allow her to do certain things in the house.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.