Heartstopper - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sweet of face! blush of cheeks! HUGE OF ARMS! (literally whispering “he was born in 2004” to myself over and over 🤣)

like @Mark81 said above, he’s written and portrayed beautifully as the sixth form boyfriend we all wished we’d had. and i went to a sixth form with a rugby team too so it’s heightened for me. he’s just so gentle and supportive with charlie - one of my favourite things about the second series is seeing charlie take on that role for him too. adorable!
See this baffles me. In my eyes, someone born in 2004 is 6 years old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The song used in the final scene is Ur so pretty by Wasia Project which is the actor who plays Tao and his little sister. Their music is beautiful ❤

Reactions: 6
Joe and Kit play the relationship so well, I totally believe how besotted Nick and Charlie are!

I also love how much more we saw of Isaac in this season, I think he’s a great character.
I agree with Isaac, and if I had one criticism of this new series is I don't think his story was explored fully enough.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone here read the books? I saw them in my local library
I have! I've got volumes 1-4 because I got obsessed with season 1 and wanted to read everything but wanted it in paper format rather than in the webcomic! I found it a bit hard to get into but that's just because I'm not used to comics/graphic novels, but it's really lovely seeing the story unfold via drawings as Alice captures so many emotions in their art, and it's interesting spotting the differences between the comics and the show! Volumes 3 and 4 also made me very tearful 😢 I'd recommend reading them and the library is a good option because it starts to get expensive if you buy them all!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The only problem with this series is I started to find Nick/Kit a bit attractive which is so wrong 😅
Oh my god, I'm on episode 5 of season 2 and I'm hating myself for thinking just this very thing 🙈 I'm 44 years old, he could be my son.

Reactions: 5
Oh my god, I'm on episode 5 of season 2 and I'm hating myself for thinking just this very thing 🙈 I'm 44 years old, he could be my son.
Made worse because I don't think men like him exist in reality 🤣🤣

It's the one arm hug/lift Charlie off the floor for me 😅😅

I agree with Isaac, and if I had one criticism of this new series is I don't think his story was explored fully enough.
This ^^ I have to agree it was a disservice to Isaac that the aroace wasn't explored in depth and felt there were was alot of contrived padding for other characters. I didn't like the remove of Aled but felt Isaac would've been a great alternative but at the moment based on two seasons he simply didn't get enough exploration. You cannot please everyone and I think this is just a criticism I felt.

Reactions: 1
We have finished the new series now.

We enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed season 1, which weren’t sure if we would as season 2 very much sets up what will hopefully be covered in season 3.

You can see everyone had both grown as actors, and as their characters, some fantastic acting, particularly Joe and Kit, they were flawless. They play Nick and Charlie so well you feel as though you’re intruding as you watch. You could tell the hair ruffle in episode one was unexpected as Kit used his own voice, rather than his Nick voice.

It must have hurt Kit with all the “I’m Bi actually” scenes after he was forced to out himself. Theres an interview where he is shown Nick coming out to his Mum and he is very clearly trying very hard not to cry. He suffered awful innapropriate sexualisation after season1, hopefully it hasn’t been as bad after this season.

We’ve had some really interesting talks about heartstopper after this series, my friendship group all enjoyed it, but it also reminded us that our childhood and adolescence were taken away from us by shame and self-hatred caused by section 28 and other homophobic laws, that not only took away our chance of having a largely care free happy childhood, but for many in the LGBTQ+ community have led to poor mental health in adulthood. One interesting thing, I’m a rugby player, I now play for an inclusive team rather than being pro, after the first series we had a huge influx of men wanting to join, I say men, some were only 17/18, the same has happened again. So many queer men are pushed away from sport by straight men and boys and the

Again it’s nice to see children being portrayed as actual children, so many shows featuring children are portrayed in a completely unrealistic manner, even down to buying a £1 present, rather than the typical whacking out £100. Alice has done a wonderful job in creating realistic teenage characters.

Once again Tao is a wonderful representation of a man completely devoid of toxic masculinity, something we are very much lacking in real life, but something we are very rarely shown on the screen. Its also so nice to see mixed race couples where neither party are white, we don’t see that enough.

I very much sympathise with Nick, I also have a husband who has a much smaller build than me so he can steal all of my clothes to never return them, but I can’t get revenge and do the same to him.

I’ve watched a few episodes with my son (he is only 8, so not sure if I’ll show him all of episode 8),

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Glad tbh.

Makes sense for character and plot, and I feel like the minority but don't overly rate Sebastian Croft as an actor

He adds nothing special to his scenes. I felt there were too many moments between him and Nick, and despite Kit Connor's talent, those scenes felt useless. Ben could have literally just have that scene with Charlie towards the end where he asks for his forgiveness, and it would have been enough. It felt like forced screen time to be, tbh. I guess they wanted to establish his lasting, devastating effect on Charlie, but even that could have been achieved without his presence.

Yeah maybe, although when season 1 aired there was almost as much fuss about Sebastian croft as there was about kit, so I wondered if they just wanted a popular actor to be back for season 2. He isn't a bad actor but I certainly don't see why he was so lauded after season 1.

I’m a huge fan of heartstopper even though I’m in my 30s I just love the story, I love how it’s acted, I love the way it makes me feel watching it. One of those series I never wanted to end. Can’t wait for series 3 😄.

Reactions: 5
I’m a huge fan of heartstopper even though I’m in my 30s I just love the story, I love how it’s acted, I love the way it makes me feel watching it. One of those series I never wanted to end. Can’t wait for series 3 😄.
This is everything I feel too. I’ve watched both with my daughter who loves it just as much. It gives you all the feels and although they’re emotive and so powerful it feels magical too. It’s just a really lovely watch that makes my heart happy. I love the feeling is gives me. I’ve watched them all and didn’t want it to end. The writing, the acting, the little animations that come on the screen are all just perfect. Love the electric charges it shows when they brush each others fingers. Yep, utterly perfect.

My daughter read the comics first and was excited when season 1 was being made.

p.s yes, Nick is 🥵 I want his cuddles. My daughter was horrified when I said oh he had a nice bum doesn’t he (scene in Paris when they’re on the bed).

Reactions: 3
Underappreciated characters/actors for me are Charlie's sister, Harry the bully (not ott, tone just right, such realistic version of 'that' guy at school) and...Nelly the dog who is so cute

I agree about Harry, on screen bullies are often like a caricature.

I've got a bit Hearstopper obsessed this week after watching series 2 - far too much of a middle aged mum to be the target audience - but I have now found all the web comics online and read them - and have read one novella (Winter) and Solitaire about Charlie's sister.

Think I need to take a step back but I love the warm heart it gives me - though my son is their age and has just sat his GCSEs and is bi actually (though looks more Charlie than Nick) and perhaps I am using it was a way to peek into a fictionalised imagining of what a nice life my son could possibly be living in!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Haha yeah I can understand that. I've watched it twice now lol

I think its partly because its a world that would be nice to live in. If I had time again or was growing up now. Its a special programme but not at all preachy, which often isn't the case.

• Heart