Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
We have finished the new series now.

We enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed season 1, which weren’t sure if we would as season 2 very much sets up what will hopefully be covered in season 3.

You can see everyone had both grown as actors, and as their characters, some fantastic acting, particularly Joe and Kit, they were flawless. They play Nick and Charlie so well you feel as though you’re intruding as you watch. You could tell the hair ruffle in episode one was unexpected as Kit used his own voice, rather than his Nick voice.

It must have hurt Kit with all the “I’m Bi actually” scenes after he was forced to out himself. Theres an interview where he is shown Nick coming out to his Mum and he is very clearly trying very hard not to cry. He suffered awful innapropriate sexualisation after season1, hopefully it hasn’t been as bad after this season.

We’ve had some really interesting talks about heartstopper after this series, my friendship group all enjoyed it, but it also reminded us that our childhood and adolescence were taken away from us by shame and self-hatred caused by section 28 and other homophobic laws, that not only took away our chance of having a largely care free happy childhood, but for many in the LGBTQ+ community have led to poor mental health in adulthood. One interesting thing, I’m a rugby player, I now play for an inclusive team rather than being pro, after the first series we had a huge influx of men wanting to join, I say men, some were only 17/18, the same has happened again. So many queer men are pushed away from sport by straight men and boys and the

Again it’s nice to see children being portrayed as actual children, so many shows featuring children are portrayed in a completely unrealistic manner, even down to buying a £1 present, rather than the typical whacking out £100. Alice has done a wonderful job in creating realistic teenage characters.

Once again Tao is a wonderful representation of a man completely devoid of toxic masculinity, something we are very much lacking in real life, but something we are very rarely shown on the screen. Its also so nice to see mixed race couples where neither party are white, we don’t see that enough.

I very much sympathise with Nick, I also have a husband who has a much smaller build than me so he can steal all of my clothes to never return them, but I can’t get revenge and do the same to him.

I’ve watched a few episodes with my son (he is only 8, so not sure if I’ll show him all of episode 8),

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Mark81

VIP Member
Also, Mr Farouk is a great addition. Very funny without necessarily doing a lot.

Reactions: 14

Mark81

VIP Member
Oh wow this was outstanding. So well written, directed and acted. For once from Netflix it didn't feel preachy or the message shoehorned in. You don't even need to be a teenager to find it believable and relatable.

Praying for a second season.

Reactions: 12

Frances

Hello! I haven't ever posted on tattle before although love some of the threads on here! But felt had to say something about heartstopper because it's just so perfect. I've got teenage kids, one of them is 16 and has been out since he was 14. He has all the books and loves them but I hadn't taken much notice til on a whim I started watching it last week. OMG I just love it. Its generated some lovely conversations with my son this week about crushes, his hopes for future etc and yes def I'm imagining what a lovely future he might have ahead of him. Obviously I'm a mid 40s woman so my HUGE MASSIVE inappropriate crush on Kit is slightly embarrassing and I think I need to step away from TikTok! But glad to see on here I'm not the only one experiencing these feelings!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

MarshC

Just finished and absolutely loved it! I thought it was nice to watch something not full of angst and ridiculous drama- it was just so sweet. Reminded me of being a teenager and those feelings of your first crush and being so obsessed with how much you like someone! So nice to see supportive parents portrayed too. Hope it’s not too long till S2!

Reactions: 11

filthycop

I've got a bit Hearstopper obsessed this week after watching series 2 - far too much of a middle aged mum to be the target audience - but I have now found all the web comics online and read them - and have read one novella (Winter) and Solitaire about Charlie's sister.

Think I need to take a step back but I love the warm heart it gives me - though my son is their age and has just sat his GCSEs and is bi actually (though looks more Charlie than Nick) and perhaps I am using it was a way to peek into a fictionalised imagining of what a nice life my son could possibly be living in!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Bol85

VIP Member
I’m 34 & stumbled across this today wanting something easy to watch on the treadmill. I’m a sucker for any LGBTQ shows 😂 It’s just sweet isn’t it, the lad that plays Joe is a master of playing an awkward, gay teen. Bang on. And he’s very endearing.

I’d have loved this as a teen..representation matters.

Reactions: 9

Boogs

VIP Member
Its such a lovely series and Kit Connor is such a beautifully emotive actor I would imagine all kinds of inappropriate crushes going on with viewers (including this middle aged lesbian who is having a mid-life crisis with crushes on men - I blame peri-menopause hormones).

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Just binged this and thought it was absolutely wonderful.

So well made and authentic. The actor who plays Nick, he played the self discovery so well. Charlie was just so loveable.

AshMay

VIP Member
Had to binge it all immediately!
Kit Connor looks like he gives the best hugs 🥺

Amyx1518

VIP Member
Kit Connor is a stunning young man, I love this show so much. I was grinning and clapping throughout much of season 2

On A Roll

Joe and Kit play the relationship so well, I totally believe how besotted Nick and Charlie are!

I also love how much more we saw of Isaac in this season, I think he’s a great character.

Mark81

VIP Member
Underappreciated characters/actors for me are Charlie's sister, Harry the bully (not ott, tone just right, such realistic version of 'that' guy at school) and...Nelly the dog who is so cute

Reactions: 7

Mark81

VIP Member
Haha yeah I can understand that. I've watched it twice now lol

I think its partly because its a world that would be nice to live in. If I had time again or was growing up now. Its a special programme but not at all preachy, which often isn't the case.

• Heart

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
He still looks quite baby face in pics so that's good, puts me off a little haha

Also, all his shoots seem to insist on high fashion style which just look dumb. He doesn't need dressing up to look good.

View attachment 2386466

View attachment 2386468

View attachment 2386469
Haha wtf are those pictures?! Joe Locke and Will Gao suit high fashion shoots but Kit always looks a bit uncomfortable and like the clothes don't quite fit him right!

That dragon inflatable 🤣

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
The only problem with this series is I started to find Nick/Kit a bit attractive which is so wrong 😅

• Haha

RosePetals

Chatty Member
As someone who's read the webcomic for quite some time now I really enjoyed it.

I'll be honest, Tara and Darcy didn't quite 100% hit the spot for me. Can't quite put my finger on why.

I thought Imogen was a pointless new character, and Isaac could have stayed as Aled.

I really really loved how realistic the casting was - real teenagers, not model looking adults playing teenagers. Also liked that it was a lot of the actors first roles.

I think this is one people will have different opinions on, and I think if it wasn't for the webcomic I wouldn't have thought this. I think the pacing was a little off, maybe because of the new plot lines created, but I would have loved to have seen Charlie and Nick's friendship and love progress just a little longer before a real romance began. Perhaps part of it is that I binge watched it, maybe watching an episode a week would have given a similar effect.

I liked Ben and Elle being expanded further on and I really hope and believe another series gets greenly. I think now we've been introduced to all the characters and the relationships and friendships are established it leaves a lot more room for some world building. As an anorexic I'm interested to see how Charlie's ED is handled, it was very lightly hinted at but I don't think you would have noticed it if you didn't know it was coming.