Heartstopper - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh wow this was outstanding. So well written, directed and acted. For once from Netflix it didn't feel preachy or the message shoehorned in. You don't even need to be a teenager to find it believable and relatable.

Praying for a second season.

Reactions: 12
I’m 34 & stumbled across this today wanting something easy to watch on the treadmill. I’m a sucker for any LGBTQ shows 😂 It’s just sweet isn’t it, the lad that plays Joe is a master of playing an awkward, gay teen. Bang on. And he’s very endearing.

I’d have loved this as a teen..representation matters.

Reactions: 9
As someone who's read the webcomic for quite some time now I really enjoyed it.

I'll be honest, Tara and Darcy didn't quite 100% hit the spot for me. Can't quite put my finger on why.

I thought Imogen was a pointless new character, and Isaac could have stayed as Aled.

I really really loved how realistic the casting was - real teenagers, not model looking adults playing teenagers. Also liked that it was a lot of the actors first roles.

I think this is one people will have different opinions on, and I think if it wasn't for the webcomic I wouldn't have thought this. I think the pacing was a little off, maybe because of the new plot lines created, but I would have loved to have seen Charlie and Nick's friendship and love progress just a little longer before a real romance began. Perhaps part of it is that I binge watched it, maybe watching an episode a week would have given a similar effect.

I liked Ben and Elle being expanded further on and I really hope and believe another series gets greenly. I think now we've been introduced to all the characters and the relationships and friendships are established it leaves a lot more room for some world building. As an anorexic I'm interested to see how Charlie's ED is handled, it was very lightly hinted at but I don't think you would have noticed it if you didn't know it was coming.

Reactions: 7
I’m 34 & stumbled across this today wanting something easy to watch on the treadmill. I’m a sucker for any LGBTQ shows 😂 It’s just sweet isn’t it, the lad that plays Joe is a master of playing an awkward, gay teen. Bang on. And he’s very endearing.

I’d have loved this as a teen..representation matters.
I agree, but realistic and diverse representation. Which I felt this was. So often gay characters are one type, and the inclusion of bi sexuality as well, I would have loved this growing up instead of every gay character being camp/exaggerated/loud etc. Both leads were perfect but I really thought Kit Connor really shone in his self discovery journey and got stronger as the series went on.

You could pick apart that it was maybe a little rushed and a bit too sweet, but I can overlook that as everything else is so spot on

Reactions: 3
Have binged this today. Thought it was really good. Nick's journey was portrayed really well I feel. Well worth a watch :).

Reactions: 2
The actor who plays the closeted bully looks a bit like the actor who is playing Willy Wonka in the new film I recon! A similar vibe!

I like that they cast teens in this. I grew up watching the new 90210 where the actors were in their 30’s 🙈 They set very unrealistic expectations for what boys were supposed to look like aged 16-18 😂

The comic is available for free on webtoon for anyone who doesn't want to pay! I always thought there was something a bit too...saccharine about the series. Everything is so neatly resolved and sweet. And it's clear the series wants to represent various things, it doesn't force it down your throat but it still feels like the author is ticking off the boxes if that makes sense? But it's sweetness is also it's draw. I thought the casting was pretty spot on.

I admit the art style of the comic is not really my thing. There's something very young about it. I loved the guest comic by Lacey. Her art style is more my thing. To each their own tho.

The comic is available for free on webtoon for anyone who doesn't want to pay! I always thought there was something a bit too...saccharine about the series. Everything is so neatly resolved and sweet. And it's clear the series wants to represent various things, it doesn't force it down your throat but it still feels like the author is ticking off the boxes if that makes sense? But it's sweetness is also it's draw. I thought the casting was pretty spot on.

I admit the art style of the comic is not really my thing. There's something very young about it. I loved the guest comic by Lacey. Her art style is more my thing. To each their own tho.
I did look at the comic but the art style I'd too basic for my taste so will just have to hope for season 2

How many books are there? Was this season the first book or crossed over into other books?

Graphic Novels/comics etc are absolutely not my thing so I’ll be awaiting season 2! I’ve just finished it & overall I thought it was lovely. Very innocent & cute which has its place. In reality, imagine 2 teenage boys would be a lot more interested in sex 😂 but nice to see love take the forefront. I really though the two leads did a great job. I hope it’s renewed!

Is the lad who plays Charlie actually going out with the actor who plays Ben? Their instagrams seem filled with each other.. quite like that plot twist if so 😂

Reactions: 1
How many books are there? Was this season the first book or crossed over into other books?

Graphic Novels/comics etc are absolutely not my thing so I’ll be awaiting season 2! I’ve just finished it & overall I thought it was lovely. Very innocent & cute which has its place. In reality, imagine 2 teenage boys would be a lot more interested in sex 😂 but nice to see love take the forefront. I really though the two leads did a great job. I hope it’s renewed!

Is the lad who plays Charlie actually going out with the actor who plays Ben? Their instagrams seem filled with each other.. quite like that plot twist if so 😂
There's four volumes but I think the webtoon has gotten further ahead, up to volume 7. They are currently thinking about sleeping together in the webtoon. I think the series covered the first three volumes? Plenty to go...

Edit to say : I'm trying to relate the published volumes to the webtoon but as I've not seen the physical books I may be wrong.

Reactions: 1

There are currently 4 volumes, the series covers the first 2 volumes, or if you read it on tapas the first 80 pages. The total number of pages is at least another 2 seasons worth

Graphic novels really aren't my thing either but I still love heart stopper, it's free to read online so might be worth a try anyway :)

I also thought Bash and Joe might be together, there's a lot of speculation 👀

They’ve got to be right? I’ve been stalking the tit outta them the last couple days 😂 Joe was at Sebastian’s sisters wedding last year as his +1. Who takes a mate they’ve only met a few months ago to a family wedding?! I’m calling it & I’m here for it 😂 Is Ben in the later books? Will be back for season 2?

I’ll go have a look at the free books, thanks for the links!

I came across this on Netflix the other day. I thought I’m well too old to really watch it haha- 33 but wow I was hooked. I haven’t read the books nor am I familiar with them, so only have the show to go on, but I thought it was so beautifully done 🥰 it’s actually one of my favourite things I’ve watched in a while and I can’t wait for a series 2.

Baby Queen is my favourite discovery from this show. Her music is right up my street! And I’ve rediscovered my love for Chvrches as well! It has a truly fantastic soundtrack!

• Heart
Baby Queen is my favourite discovery from this show. Her music is right up my street! And I’ve rediscovered my love for Chvrches as well! It has a truly fantastic soundtrack!
I discovered her on Spotify and went to see her a couple of weeks ago, loved her. First heard about the show when she was promoting it but only just got round to watching it