Heartstopper - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, Mr Farouk is a great addition. Very funny without necessarily doing a lot.

Reactions: 14
I've really enjoyed this. I've sat and watched it with my 2 daughters and they're just so accepting about all the characters and relationships. I do feel slightly sad that there was nothing like this when I was young. My favourite storylines were Darcy and Tara, Issac, Imogen, Tori and Mr Farouk.

Reactions: 5
Something else I realised was how realistic it felt to it being like school. More so than most shows. Even though its over 30 years since I was in school, the way they spoke and acted all reminded me of how it was at school when I was 16. Sure it wasn't as open minded etc, but just the over excitement, finding dumb stuff funny etc. The small things made it feel well rounded

Reactions: 6
Hello! I haven't ever posted on tattle before although love some of the threads on here! But felt had to say something about heartstopper because it's just so perfect. I've got teenage kids, one of them is 16 and has been out since he was 14. He has all the books and loves them but I hadn't taken much notice til on a whim I started watching it last week. OMG I just love it. Its generated some lovely conversations with my son this week about crushes, his hopes for future etc and yes def I'm imagining what a lovely future he might have ahead of him. Obviously I'm a mid 40s woman so my HUGE MASSIVE inappropriate crush on Kit is slightly embarrassing and I think I need to step away from TikTok! But glad to see on here I'm not the only one experiencing these feelings!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also, Mr Farouk is a great addition. Very funny without necessarily doing a lot.
Yes! I loved when he was speaking French to the waiter at the restaurant and called him big man. Very funny

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think the ED storyline is really interesting. I've only ever seen it on TV in regards to girls rather than boys.
Also Kit makes my heart melt. Genuinely think he's got a great career ahead of him. He was great in Rocketman too.

Reactions: 3
I think the ED storyline is really interesting. I've only ever seen it on TV in regards to girls rather than boys.
Also Kit makes my heart melt. Genuinely think he's got a great career ahead of him. He was great in Rocketman too.
I've had issues with food my whole life, although much better now. But at secondary school I'd hide my lunch in bin when got home, and didn't eat. And that was in the 90s. So I definitely get it.

The only bit I don't relate to is his reasons why. But I hope they develop it further in season 3 otherwise it will be a bit if a shallow background story that doesn't go anywhere

Reactions: 1
I think he said it was a result of the bullying, made him dislike himself, alongside the self-harm?

EDs (and mental health conditions in general) occur at a much higher rate in the LGBTQ+ community and even more so amongst the men, so it’s ‘nice’ that it’s included if that makes sense.

I think he said it was a result of the bullying, made him dislike himself, alongside the self-harm?
Plus the emotional abuse he suffered while being with Ben (who also assaulted him). Charlie seems to live with a lot of guilt (if anyone ever pays attention to Joe Locke‘ acting, you’d see he does a brilliant job portraying this), while almost accepting the bullying and manipulation from others. I think him being determined that Nick should have a better coming out experience was very telling. He was worried for Nick all season long and it was important to him to keep up a facade, until Nick insisted he shouldn’t.
I felt the reasons were laid out quite well in season 1, but season 2 was The Nick Nelson Show, so I get why people would miss the clues concerning Charlie.

Reactions: 6
Sorry I should have been clearer. Its not that I didn't understand his reasons, just I couldn't relate to them personally for the ED

Reactions: 2
Hello! I haven't ever posted on tattle before although love some of the threads on here! But felt had to say something about heartstopper because it's just so perfect. I've got teenage kids, one of them is 16 and has been out since he was 14. He has all the books and loves them but I hadn't taken much notice til on a whim I started watching it last week. OMG I just love it. Its generated some lovely conversations with my son this week about crushes, his hopes for future etc and yes def I'm imagining what a lovely future he might have ahead of him. Obviously I'm a mid 40s woman so my HUGE MASSIVE inappropriate crush on Kit is slightly embarrassing and I think I need to step away from TikTok! But glad to see on here I'm not the only one experiencing these feelings!
Haha I'm a woman late 30's and my slight obsession with kit is getting out of hand! I've watched series 1&2 twice! Yes we're still in August... My husband works nights that's my excuse lol

He's def going to be a massive star. I'm not sure I could watch it again with turning full stalker mode on Kit. 😳 my family think I'm having a mid life crisis.

• Haha
Just leaving this here for those of us that should know better 😂😅

Screenshot_2023-08-17-16-36-08-548_com.instagram.android_1.jpg

Also, if you enjoy reaction videos the ones by Brad Evans are great - they're quite chaotic and full of random memes and sounds but I love seeing Heartstopper through his eyes (and his laugh is adorable!) - here's the first video for season 2, but he also has videos for season 1.

• Wow
  • Heart