Heartstopper - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely loved this series, really hoping for a second series and it isn’t one of the many Netflix shows that end after one season!

Reactions: 3
Just finished and absolutely loved it! I thought it was nice to watch something not full of angst and ridiculous drama- it was just so sweet. Reminded me of being a teenager and those feelings of your first crush and being so obsessed with how much you like someone! So nice to see supportive parents portrayed too. Hope it’s not too long till S2!

Reactions: 11
Been watching a lot of darker stuff lately so this was such a lovely change. I like that it wasn't too dramatic or angsty and the cast especially the leads are so sweet.

I'm unlikely to read the graphic novels but if other posters do, let us know if anything is notably different!

Reactions: 4
I’m 43 watching with my just about to go to big school daughter. It’s so lovely and it’s rare we enjoy anything together. If I tried talking to my daughter about sexuality or feelings, she’d shut me down and call me cringe but this is a way to open the communication channel naturally. Plus I’m a sucker for sweet romance!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 43 watching with my just about to go to big school daughter. It’s so lovely and it’s rare we enjoy anything together. If I tried talking to my daughter about sexuality or feelings, she’d shut me down and call me cringe but this is a way to open the communication channel naturally. Plus I’m a sucker for sweet romance!
I find the more you talk about it all as casually as possible they open up more and more.
But this is so lovely and brings up lots of topics.

Reactions: 1
I loved watching this. Especially as we saw Nick come to accept himself, that really spoke to me having been through something similar in the past
(a few years ago now). Just a wholesome, nice show with plenty of self-discovery which hopefully can inspire people.

Since Love, Simon is now coming up to 5 years old, I think it was about time that we had something like this again. This was what I wanted Love, Victor to be (that was a flop).

I watched with my 10 year old and it was lovely to be able to just watch without having to skip the sexy bits. I thought it was lovely, nice to see an lgbt couple happy not torn apart! Really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 6
I loved watching this. Especially as we saw Nick come to accept himself, that really spoke to me having been through something similar in the past
(a few years ago now). Just a wholesome, nice show with plenty of self-discovery which hopefully can inspire people.

Since Love, Simon is now coming up to 5 years old, I think it was about time that we had something like this again. This was what I wanted Love, Victor to be (that was a flop).
It’s a shame that Love Victor is actually more about the straight characters than the titular, gay one. Even the current promo on insta is all about Felix, and I’m sure a huge part of season 3 will be about him and Victor‘s sister.
Heartstopper and Young Royals work better because the love character is not a mere supporting character, and they don’t let their main couples fight for no reason, like Benji and Victor did in season 2.

It’s a shame that Love Victor is actually more about the straight characters than the titular, gay one. Even the current promo on insta is all about Felix, and I’m sure a huge part of season 3 will be about him and Victor‘s sister.
Heartstopper and Young Royals work better because the love character is not a mere supporting character, and they don’t let their main couples fight for no reason, like Benji and Victor did in season 2.
Exactly that! It is basically a teen drama with a gay lead. We know far more about the straight characters and their relationships than Benji. It's a real shame because they had a talented cast and a lot of goodwill coming off the heels of Love, Simon but it didn't do it for me at all. And I see the new trailer has yet more mentions of straight couples and seemingly throwing in other stupid cliches in the plot rather than just making it a feel good and representative show. They really couldn't resist having a gay couple cheat or fight and I think that's sad.

Renewed for two more seasons 😀
Fantastic! Can't wait!

Delighted it’s been renewed!

I also couldn’t get into Love Victor.. not sure why. I’m currently watching Young Royals & I’m obsessed. The two leads have fantastic chemistry, they are a joy to watch. Simon is possibly the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen. Gay dramas really like going for the blonde haired & dark curly haired guys huh.

Just binged this and thought it was absolutely wonderful.

So well made and authentic. The actor who plays Nick, he played the self discovery so well. Charlie was just so loveable.

Reactions: 8
If you like this, go watch Young Royals! It’s NOT so family friendly but it’s a great little LGBTQ drama. The two leads have chemistry that bounces off the screen.. fantastic young actors. Also one of them is probably the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen 😂 & hes 23, so that’s fine 😂

If you like this, go watch Young Royals! It’s NOT so family friendly but it’s a great little LGBTQ drama. The two leads have chemistry that bounces off the screen.. fantastic young actors. Also one of them is probably the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen 😂 & hes 23, so that’s fine 😂
I think I'm going to watch this next.

I've read the books and thought it was a decent interpretation. Both Charlie and Nick were spot on and loved Tao, Harry was really well played too. Was great to see them all looking like the age they're meant to be. Looking forward to more.

young royals is wonderful!! i enjoyed to more than heartstopper but that’s purely because i like a bit of angst with my sweetness 🤣 series two is coming in the summer i think!

I really enjoyed Big Boys on c4/all4. In many ways its completely different to heartstopper, but as you get into it you find there's a depth to it and its at times quite moving.

Reactions: 2
I really enjoyed Big Boys on c4/all4. In many ways its completely different to heartstopper, but as you get into it you find there's a depth to it and its at times quite moving.
I’m gonna watch this next!