Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mercedes12

VIP Member
I won a topshop gift card for £100 a few weeks ago just reposting a competition on my insta story !

Reactions: 3

Whoami2021

Not really money but I’d definitely recommend anyone into competitions to check out bonkers competitions! My boyfriend bought some fireworks from their usual business and they’ve recently set up a raffle business. I bought a £1.99 ticket or something like that for an outdoor pizza oven and I won! I know it’s not mega but it’s something I wouldn’t buy and it will be lovely for the summer, he does quite a few and recently won 12 bottles of Prosecco too from a £2 ticket. Really worth a go and they deliver the prizes to you.
I follow the bonkers competition guys and they are a real laugh, never thought I'd win anything but after seeing your winnings on here signed up and only went and won a paid of Raybans! Thanks 😁

Had other winnings over the years, nothing major Kaiser Chief tickets, biking sunglasses, tshirt, fudge voucher, etc.

a.pain

VIP Member
Won a Stuart little goodie pack (when movie came out) in a competition in the local paper as a child

Won a fb competition for a spa day about 5 years ago.

Feel I must be due something for a big win! My SIL and a family friend have both won radio comps and got £40k and £50k

• Wow

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I never win anything substantial, think the most I’ve ever won is around £100 on the lottery. I enter the itv competitions regularly because I like to dream and obviously have never won a thing.

Used to play the lottery regularly but got sick of it getting more and more expensive so now I only do it every now and then. Been thinking about the postcode lottery for a while but haven’t taken the plunge with that one yet.

Poptart

VIP Member
I've won £10 on the postcode lottery a few times but am beginning to wonder if it's worth bothering. All it really means is you get your monthly ticket cost back. I know if I did cancel though i'd keep checking the results to see if we'd have won the big one! 😂

Greed-Futures

I won a Nintendo Wii in a raffle back when they first came out. I have zero interest in video games so I sold it online and put the cash toward paying my undergraduate bills. Not very exciting, but practical.

lemonelmo

VIP Member
I've not won anything but my next door neighbour when I was a teenager living at home won a brand new new build house on a radio competition

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
My parents won five numbers on the lottery when I was a kid - it felt like this utterly amazing thing because we were so skint at the time. I told everyone we’d “won the lottery”, it honestly felt like the jackpot to me!

I won a free session with a “celebrity” stylist and the chance to pick out a new outfit for free at the opening of a clothes shop as a teen. She convinced me to pick a top I didn’t really like and I was too shy to say I would have preferred another one!

That’s all I’ve ever won beyond gambling, which I don’t think counts in the same way.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
£50 on a scratch card after breaking a £10 note for change for the bus and I won a £50 John Lewis Gift Card on a local Facebook page recently.

Reactions: 2

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
If we don't hear from you again, we'll assume you're somewhere exciting, drinking champagne! ;)

I won a car a few weeks ago. I was so, so excited! I opted for the cash equivalent though, as I'm very happy with my existing car. It's not a huge amount, but it was enough to send a few people three-month packages of readymade meals anonymously and put some money aside for a rainy day.
£3.80 😆😂
Congrats and what a nice thing to do 😄

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
My grandmother was just one number off winning £70,000,000 on the EuroMillions a couple of years back. You can imagine the devastation.
My aunt has been doing the lottery for donkey years.I remember her spending £80 once. She asked my 4 year old cousin for numbers in her room. She didn't use them. Every single one of them came up.

I've also won £25 x2 with premium bonds this year. First year of having them. I don't have a huge amount less then 2.5k now.

Last edited:
  • Wow

LittleMy

VIP Member
Won £1000 on Postcode Lottery in my first month playing it. Which really pissed of a colleague at work who said they’d been playing for about two years and hadn’t won anything at all by that point. 😂😂
I played it for about 2 years myself and didn’t even win so much as a tenner. Good for you though!

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
£400 on one of them betting/bingo sites.

I know someone who won 25k on an ITV competition. He spunked it all away.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I've won a few Facebook competitions over the years. Won tickets to see Busted, a day out at Lightwater Valley , a giant otter feeding experience at the zoo and a £80 meat hamper from a local butcher

Whatspopping

Won my second competition of the year, some kind of Tetris board game. Moneysavingexpert's competitions forum coming up trumps again.