Have you ever won any money/competition?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Inspired by the ‘how much do you earn’ and ‘how much debt are you in’ posts! I find these so interesting.

So, have you ever won big bucks? Competitions, betting, scratch cards, lottery etc

The most I’ve won is 50quid on a scratch card :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
I won an electric rice cooker years ago from a major magazine, I don’t eat rice so my sister had it. Also won a portable tv about 20 years ago by guessing how many balls were in the car. Nothing since then

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I won £250 on an online slot machine
Have won £10, £20 and £50 on lottery tickets
£20 max win on a stretch card

Have entered many competitions in desperation but alas - still poor haha

Reactions: 6
I won a holiday to Orlando with ITV, was surprised by a TV crew live at 6am which wasn’t a pretty sight for everyone eating their cornflakes! 🙈 Best week of my life though. I still enter the competitions even now!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I used to spend all my spare time entering competitions on the internet. Had some pretty big value wins in terms of TVs, flights, computers.... I think my biggest cash win was £250 and also won £500 of shopping vouchers.

I also used to be part of a charity lottery and won the £1k main prize.

Reactions: 12
Has anyone won on the post code lottery?
I haven't but someone I worked with last year won 30k, got excited cuz they thought they were coming to the house with the cheque (we practiced someone's knocking at the door for weeks) but the others in the postcode did not want press involvement so they completely missed out.

Most I've ever won was £100 at bingo a few years back, the ladies got annoyed because I false called then the next number was my winning number. They were fuming, still makes me chuckle til this day. I won a giveway on Instagram last night but just a small one. I never win anything though tbh :( always enter competitions & nada.

Reactions: 7
I won a Nintendo Wii in a raffle back when they first came out. I have zero interest in video games so I sold it online and put the cash toward paying my undergraduate bills. Not very exciting, but practical.

Reactions: 3
I won £250 on the free postcode lottery last February. It was on the survey draw bit that I often skip past. Was so pleased as I enter loads of competitions and never win.

Reactions: 5
£50 on a scratch card after breaking a £10 note for change for the bus and I won a £50 John Lewis Gift Card on a local Facebook page recently.

Reactions: 2
A sky dive 😐 I sold it on.

when I fall from a height it will be straight to hell, and I assume that’s free.

(other things like a Polaroid camera, books, runners, concert tickets, a ring, an iPod)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My grandmother was just one number off winning £70,000,000 on the EuroMillions a couple of years back. You can imagine the devastation.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Not me, but I do know 2 people who have had significant lottery wins. One was over £300K on a scratch card and one was over £100K on the main draw.

Lucky sods. I never win anything!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My grandmother was just one number off winning £70,000,000 on the EuroMillions a couple of years back. You can imagine the devastation.
that was me as a kid, we used to do the lottery every year at Christmas/Easter/New Year, or when the jackpot was big.
I chose a row of numbers that were all beside each other (I was about 6/7) and my mum got me to choose again because they were not gonna come up.

everyone came up 😂 she had the docket with them all marked on that she hadn’t played.
she owes me big time 🤪

• Wow
Reactions: 11