Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fanaff

VIP Member
Not me but a friend of my husband won a million on the euro millions a few years ago when they did a thing to make 20 millionaires or something. He got the England 3 lions badge paved on his drive 😂

also, not me again! But a work colleague put a bet on a few years ago that Leicester city would win the football league right at the start of the season and he won about £40k.

Reactions: 9

Porkiepies

VIP Member
I won loads of mugs, pens and a few cash prizes ranging from £10 to £500 when ITV had the gaming channel ITV Play with programmes like The Mint, play DJ and QuizMania.
I look back now and relieved it was taken off air because I was addicted to the channel and often spent £300 a week on phone calls.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
My ex won an ITV phone competition. We just caught the end of a show we'd never seen and he just said "I'll have some of that" when he saw the prizes. He sent a text, they called him the next day to say he'd been "shortlisted" and got some family details and then set it all up behind his back (and mine) Lionel Blair was on my driveway a few days later 😂

He (we) won about £20,000 worth of stuff in total including a holiday and a speedboat (which we swapped for the cash)

• Wow
I won a big box of Lego !!!!
Once £10 on the lottery since it’s been going. I also do the euro lottery sometimes. I’ve won quite a few £2.40 on that. They send you a email online and I sit there without opening it thinking what am I going to do with all this money ........ (open email) £2.40 !!!!! Off to work I go.......

• Haha

Nannycaff54

I won an electric rice cooker years ago from a major magazine, I don’t eat rice so my sister had it. Also won a portable tv about 20 years ago by guessing how many balls were in the car. Nothing since then

• Haha

Jane Doing

I won a haircut with Lee Stafford at his salon in London along with a goodie bag of products.....that was good and he was such a lovely guy! Oh and won £300 on a £10 bet that Bobby Beale killed Lucy in EastEnders 😂

My nan was the best one though....won 2x season tickets for any Premier League football teams many years ago out a box of Birdseye frozen burgers. She called up and asked for Crystal Palace ones instead as they were the team the family supported (and this was when they were a bit pants aswell in like the Fiest Division!) Bearing in mind we live in South London so had a few big teams we could have gone to see for the experience alone.... Birdseye must have rubbed their hands with the money they saved on those season tickets!! 😂😂

• Haha

hrh89

VIP Member
£500 when Pepsi did their £500 an hour competition years ago.

multiple £10/£20 notes in walkers crisps YEARS ago (those were the days who remembers that??)

A £100 wireless mouse from the hotukdeals flame deer competition this year which I will most definitely sell on 😅

Reactions: 7

sarahboo

Has anyone won on the post code lottery?
I haven't but someone I worked with last year won 30k, got excited cuz they thought they were coming to the house with the cheque (we practiced someone's knocking at the door for weeks) but the others in the postcode did not want press involvement so they completely missed out.

Most I've ever won was £100 at bingo a few years back, the ladies got annoyed because I false called then the next number was my winning number. They were fuming, still makes me chuckle til this day. I won a giveway on Instagram last night but just a small one. I never win anything though tbh :( always enter competitions & nada.

a.pain

VIP Member
What radio station are they listening to? 😂
Magic/other stations in that network- cash register etc. oh and my SIL who won the 40k just won a brand new campervan tonight, you know it has been a looooong 11 months since she won the 40k she was due another win 🙄🙄

• Wow

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
I’ve won hunter wellies, riding gloves, tack for my horse, a suitcase of yarn, some Bacardi merchandise, a famous grouse jug, some baby toys, a years supply of frizz ease with a hairdryer, some baby books (the “that’s not my” series. Lovely books my little one loved them

Brocoligal

Inspired by the ‘how much do you earn’ and ‘how much debt are you in’ posts! I find these so interesting.

So, have you ever won big bucks? Competitions, betting, scratch cards, lottery etc

The most I’ve won is 50quid on a scratch card :rolleyes:

Firecrotch69

I won £250 on an online slot machine
Have won £10, £20 and £50 on lottery tickets
£20 max win on a stretch card

Have entered many competitions in desperation but alas - still poor haha

Reactions: 6

Downtoearth

A family member won almost £1m a few weeks ago 😱 they're completely estranged from us so I doubt we'll be getting any cash gifts 😂🤦‍♀️

Thelife&times

Chatty Member
I cancelled Postcode Lottery this month. Hadn’t had a win in over 12 months, but paid out £120 (£10 per month subscription)
I was winning between £30-£50 a year previously.

• Sad

waffledog

2 x £10 in post code lottery in first 6 months doing it.
I won a comp on the radio and got 3 x nights accomodation and food in Bath. return train travel and chauffeur driven from the station to the hotel plus £300 cash to spend.
And as a bonus my fella proposed on the first night 😍.
When I was young I won a radio in the shape of a cola bottle after writing about Johnny Logan winning the Eurovision first time round 😂

LLJ

When my Nan passed away I won £150 on the lottery, when my Great Gramp passed away (previous Nans Dad) I won £100 on the lottery. My Great Nan passed away on Dec 9th this year (Great Gramps wife and Nans mum) and I won £85. Very spooky!! Haven't won much else ever. Actually, I did a £1 raffle a few weeks ago and won a 6ft real Christmas tree!