Harry & Meghan #356 I swear to tell MY truth, MY whole truth, which is nothing like THE truth.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom Bower on gb news. Says H was just a vehicle for Hugh Grant etc al as a high profile figure to boost their case

Reactions: 25
I agree Harry is a victim. But it's not the press it's his coercively controlling wife. He needs to face the truth and stop trying to save face

It's almost like he needs an ounce of "proof" to convince himself Markle is right and the world is wrong

Reactions: 27
I agree Harry is a victim. But it's not the press it's his coercively controlling wife. He needs to face the truth and stop trying to save face

It's almost like he needs an ounce of "proof" to convince himself Markle is right and the world is wrong
He's no victim. Has always been rotten, it was just covered up. JMO

• Heart
Reactions: 40
He's no victim. Has always been rotten, it was just covered up. JMO
I think he's so fragile, twisted, paranoid and lacking in IQ that he genuinely has little to no agency to think critically for himself. She's using him as a tool to carry out her narc retaliation against her critics

Reactions: 27
Tom Bower says he doesn't think Sherbourne is going to bring anything new ie evidence. This is why MGM went to Court. Says British courts have always found in favour of the RF eg smegz against the DM despite her inaccurate statement.

Reactions: 17
Tom Bower (like me) doesn't sympathise with H at all. Says he should grow up and is a spoilt brat

• Heart
Reactions: 32
You're right that Harold has brought this on himself, but at the same time he's lifted a lid and this isn't over yet.
The time I meant was when they were both under age, minors, not when they were adults, of course free speech is crucial and they can then fight their own battles.
I think with their mother newly dead there should have been a press blackout at least for a little while until they steadied. But instead they were used for PR and it was wrong.
This was far more damaging to the children concerned than gossiping about celeb babies, imo., especially as it seems some stories came from St James's Palace etc. This is a most interesting aspect of the case so far, as I hadn't known.
Oh I had known that stories came out of St James Palace!

To be brutally honest, an awful lot of the interest in the children, comes straight out of the chaotic relationship and relationship breakdown of Charles and Diana. So that instead of a paper running yet another tacky story about Charles or Di, the press would be fed some kind of innocuous and innocent story about the children, to divert attention away from their parents.
The story about Diana visiting H at school, was something to make her look bad, to rub in the fact that her divorce from Charles was making H upset.

And again, there was also a need to divert attention away from Charles and Camilla, or away from Diana and her latest relationship. So roll out the children card, to make the RF look good.

Most of these stories were almost completely harmless though. Who cares if a Prince breaks his thumb? Or his knee? I wish someone had managed to point this out to H. These stories werent really directed at him! They related to his family.

If you think the Royal children are to be kept completely out of the spotlight, what do you think should happen about George, Charlotte and Louis? Should there be a media blackout about all reporting and photography regarding them? Or do you think the press and RF are getting a reasonable balance?

Reactions: 26
I bet this court case will be held up to law students in the future of how not to go into court, with your case based on emotions rather than facts.
Unless you can charge £400/hr plus plus plus for months and months of work, in which case score!.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Waagh Boy isn’t going to change the world with this case based it seems on pure speculation. If they want to change the way journalists gather stories, then there needs to be a more transparent way to show how information was gathered. if sources can’t be named in articles then it needs to be noted somewhere in some sort of confidential way that can be investigated legally even if it remains confidential to Joe Public . In fact I think paid for PR articles should state somewhere on them they have received endorsement. Let it all be transparent. If H&M had gone down this route instead, I may actually have supported them in it! But so far there is no proof to anything that comes out of their mouths. Ever

Reactions: 19
I’ve always said it, people grow into their faces. I’ve known some who at face value look incredibly pretty or handsome but within a short time their personality shows on their face and they no longer look attractive. Likewise I’ve known a few people who at first glance are nothing to look at but once you get to know them they really do appear to be more beautiful (or maybe that’s just how I see them)
I absolutely 100% agree with you
If someone has a good heart it shines from them 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So he is suing for them hacking a voicemail - but cannot recall if he actually left one

I really don't think he grasps how this type of basic voicemail hacking worked - he refers to it being a "conversation" but it can't have been if he just left a message

... and what sort of man just leaves a message asking for a separation!
A trial separation, please. Imagine leaving a voicemail for your partner telling them you want to go on a break :ROFLMAO:
And he thinks the behaviour of the media is what soured her feelings.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So, he brings a case about alleged hacking between 1996 and 2011, predominantly about Chelsy, to stop "hate" against Smeg? Who arrived on the scene in 2016.

How does that even make sense?

What does he think the Judge is going to do? Order the Mirror to close down? Order the media to only write nice things about Smeg?

If he wins he'll get some damages for the use of illegal methods of sourcing information, that's all.

William got a settlement from the NOTW, who acknowledged hacking, and that was it. The Sun and other NGN titles are still free to write about and criticise him and Catherine.
I think he's that stupid to think yes, if he wins then he can win all his cases and change how people report on him. Freedom of speech is 'bonkers' and he's aligned with the Aspen Institute.

I will defend to the death your right to say whatever you want about whoever you want, paraphrasing Voltaire heavily here but freedom of speech and press is paramount in our society... phone hacking is illegal, is wrong, and it was handled so long ago and those who committed those crimes have already been convicted!

Reactions: 21
Waagh Boy isn’t going to change the world with this case based it seems on pure speculation. If they want to change the way journalists gather stories, then there needs to be a more transparent way to show how information was gathered. if sources can’t be named in articles then it needs to be noted somewhere in some sort of confidential way that can be investigated legally even if it remains confidential to Joe Public . In fact I think paid for PR articles should state somewhere on them they have received endorsement. Let it all be transparent. If H&M had gone down this route instead, I may actually have supported them in it! But so far there is no proof to anything that comes out of their mouths. Ever
There is an issue though about journalists being able to protect their sources and not name them! To keep the rights to a free press!

Its not really relevant in this case, but think of the case of fraudulent banking practises or even something like the 'Me too' stories where its important to keep the source anonymous!

Reactions: 17
if we don’t have a right to know some of these rather trivial things about an 11yr old in the LOS…do we now have a right to know anything about two infants in the LOS and the circumstances of their birth?
We DO have a right to know if we are being lied to

Reactions: 29
Wonder if H is sat in his hotel room or wherever tonight, and realises what an ass he's made of himself today.
---
Tom Bower, for those interested

Thanks @LadyMuck 😘
Harold thought he'd slaughter the media, but he's been trapped by all those who hate the press like Hugh Grant who have used him as a battering ram. David Sherborne is a smear merchant, according to TB.
Harold knew about doubts of his paternity before 2014. He's had no support in this case and has been led by the nose.
He thinks he's going to win, and doesn't realise how awful it looks that he can't answer a question.
That's why the Mirror brought this case to court but settled others. Harold has been led into the lions' den. Chelsy was the one who got away, but Harold is exaggerating everything. The US visa application is going to be a big problem.

Reactions: 22
Despite all the farcical lack of evidence, could he still get a victory? I am no legal eagle, I know nothing about this stuff.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.