Harry & Meghan #345 The Corry is over without a hitch, lets go back to mocking the witch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this court case will highlight his hypocrisy and lies. He will end up looking (even more) stupid. It will expose his pettiness and vengefulness. Will get even worse when he is cross questioned. And all because he wants to control the press narrative.

In my opinion he will rue the day he started this.
I agree. this court case is going to be difficult to win, and difficult to come out of with any integrity.

Ive just seen the Piers Morgan/Amol Rajan interview, which discusses a lot of the sort of things that Harry is complaining about. In a BBC TV programme. Piers is defending himself about the phone hacking claim, saying very clearly he was investigated by the police twice for this, and they couldnt find a single case to answer!

I cannot see how at this distance of time, anyone is going to be able to prove anything properly! How can anyone honestly remember detailed conversations from 20 years ago? And how can you have a serious court case, if anyone involved is going to be doing press interviews and BBC interviews? Where are you going to get any kind of unbiased jury?

And as for Mr Omid Scobie, on work experience, saying that he overheard conversations about phone hacking, well maybe he did, (maybe he didnt) but who is going to be bothering justifying or explaining to the work experience trainee, that office jokes notwithstanding, in reality no articles are going to be written and published without being checked. Maybe someone did overhear something about Kylie and her boyfriend, but, surely this would have then been checked elsewhere as well, prior to publication?

And .... forgive me if I am wrong, didnt Mr Scobie then go on to work for one of the major British gossip/tabloid magazines? ie Heat?
I do so hope that Mr Scobie was always 100% scrupulous when he investigated and wrote any gossipy story he was involved in. I 've always loved reading gossip stories, and am aware that Heat magazine as a whole also was full of ridiculous stories about celebrities and z listers. Some of which often seemed a bit unlikely, or highly embroidered, with extra nonsensical details added in! (And they may not have been responsible for any initial phone hacking themselves, but they were definitely guilty of repeating stories straight from the tabloids! )
I do so hope Mr Scobie wouldn't go down the trashy tabloid route of just crediting unknown friends as sources for a story!!

Even though he did chose to do this when he wrote ''Finding Freedom'' quoting unnamed 'friends' of Meghan, when in reality his book sources came directly from Meghan herself, via written notes, and via her staff, namely Jason Knauff.
Information that only came about, via Meghan's Daily Mail court case.

If you are going to open a can of worms, then ..... you need to expect the repercussions.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I'm watching the Eurovision semi final, and Romania have just sung. Their entrant is a man wearing a pink shorts suit, and let's just say, he wears it far better than Peg wore her's at the Lakers game.

Congratulations @Amiyaya on your VIP status

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Does anyone have a link for the interview with Piers and Amol? I can’t find it online x

Reactions: 15
What did she have them call her when speaking directly? She got banned from being called your highness. Your grace? So cringe, why do people keep working with her?
They work with her for the money but it doesn't mean that they have to like her. Imagine having to bow and scrape to her while pretending you are doing all you can to help and promote her like you are best friends. No wonder her staff turnover is so high ..... there is only so much one can take no matter what the pay.

Unless she has a major change of attitude towards staff, which I doubt she can do, then she is just doomed to one failure after another.

Thank you @Chita for this new thread and recap and to @Bobble22 for the fab title.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
No offence to any Londoners but is Duchess not a common saying for random people?? Genuine question
I’ve never heard anyone referred to directly as just Duchess. They might talk about them as The Duchess but only somewhere like downtown abbey where there’s only one they are referring to. You’re supposed to use the term of address your grace. Like you’d call a knight sir, or the king your majesty.

Meghan probably doesn’t know this though.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
What did she have them call her when speaking directly? She got banned from being called your highness. Your grace? So cringe, why do people keep working with her?
Her insane obsession with the title is why, post divorce, I can’t imagine her ever marrying again (if anyone else would have her). Will she really give it up and become Mrs Something or Other again? It would have to come with the promise of multi billions to persuade her, I think, but no billionaire is going to go near her!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I’ve never heard anyone referred to directly as just Duchess. They might talk about them as The Duchess but only somewhere like downtown abbey where there’s only one they are referring to. You’re supposed to use the term of address your grace. Like you’d call a knight sir, or the king your majesty.

Meghan probably doesn’t know this though.
I must have made it up in my head - I thought it was like the term ‘alright Duck’ (think that’s Manchester), a nickname that could be used. Obviously I’m away in my own wee bubble 😆 if I was way off with the Manchester reference apologies! I have been known to talk out my ass occasionally

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree. this court case is going to be difficult to win, and difficult to come out of with any integrity.

Ive just seen the Piers Morgan/Amol Rajan interview, which discusses a lot of the sort of things that Harry is complaining about. In a BBC TV programme. Piers is defending himself about the phone hacking claim, saying very clearly he was investigated by the police twice for this, and they couldnt find a single case to answer!

I cannot see how at this distance of time, anyone is going to be able to prove anything properly! How can anyone honestly remember detailed conversations from 20 years ago? And how can you have a serious court case, if anyone involved is going to be doing press interviews and BBC interviews? Where are you going to get any kind of unbiased jury?

And as for Mr Omid Scobie, on work experience, saying that he overheard conversations about phone hacking, well maybe he did, (maybe he didnt) but who is going to be bothering justifying or explaining to the work experience trainee, that office jokes notwithstanding, in reality no articles are going to be written and published without being checked. Maybe someone did overhear something about Kylie and her boyfriend, but, surely this would have then been checked elsewhere as well, prior to publication?

And .... forgive me if I am wrong, didnt Mr Scobie then go on to work for one of the major British gossip/tabloid magazines? ie Heat?
I do so hope that Mr Scobie was always 100% scrupulous when he investigated and wrote any gossipy story he was involved in. I 've always loved reading gossip stories, and am aware that Heat magazine as a whole also was full of ridiculous stories about celebrities and z listers. Some of which often seemed a bit unlikely, or highly embroidered, with extra nonsensical details added in! (And they may not have been responsible for any initial phone hacking themselves, but they were definitely guilty of repeating stories straight from the tabloids! )
I do so hope Mr Scobie wouldn't go down the trashy tabloid route of just crediting unknown friends as sources for a story!!

Even though he did chose to do this when he wrote ''Finding Freedom'' quoting unnamed 'friends' of Meghan, when in reality his book sources came directly from Meghan herself, via written notes, and via her staff, namely Jason Knauff.
Information that only came about, via Meghan's Daily Mail court case.

If you are going to open a can of worms, then ..... you need to expect the repercussions.
Phone hacking is the worst …… it’s criminal .

But how much further up the scale is paid PR, paid awards, completely made up articles, or actively defaming people because you know they won’t sue …it’s all hood winking the public ….hardly transparency !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Phone hacking is the worst …… it’s criminal .

But how much further up the scale is paid PR, paid awards, completely made up articles, or actively defaming people because you know they won’t sue …it’s all hood winking the public ….hardly transparency !!!
Exactly! Excellent point

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.