Harry & Meghan #336 Don't matter 'bout the blood rocks I got, I'm still Meghan from the yacht

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But will it though?

During the coronation itself, there'll be a "Harold isn't there" comment then everyone will get on with breathtaking ceremony and subsequent partying Coronation🥳
I do hope so

Reactions: 20
As we're doing where do we live, I'm in Northumberland (the county town), any other north east people here?

I'm now waivering as to whether H will be at the coronation or not, previously I've said yes as what else does he have but I'm 50/50 now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The rebrand to me is a tacit admission of failure. She had the help of Sunshine Sachs and Harrys lucrative status for sale and this was what helped land them their deals early on (Netflix, Spotify). Meghan delivered a book which was forgettable, a Netflix series which was mocked (i.e. "I love the part where...") and, despite living in the present, it went over old material and was a turgid watch with an overwhelming and unpalatable sense of self-absorption. Oh look! Someone on a scooter seems to be following us! This is harassment!

Then there was a podcast which despite the hype and debut with Williams and Carey eventually limped through the amount of casts agreed upon and like the subsequent guests was also forgettable. So the quick and easy money has been banked yet even with all of that propping her up it was easily waved away with South Parks rejoinder of Instagram Loving witch Wife hence the need for a rebrand. We might laugh at that but, commercially, it was so cutting. His book, while lucrative, damaged their mutual brand and there seems to be a split happening. WME say they are honoured to represent a global icon and I sense a definite shift away from the past and the Royal association. "Living in the present".

I think the rebrand in order to be successful will seek to discard the whole Duchess of Sussex image and will be a return to pre-Harry Meghan Markle since associations in the general public mind with Meghan and the Royal family is negative. It will take her P&G letter writing moxy and mix it all with her raised status. She may even need to bite the bullet and make peace with her father. Any good PR would recommend that as a shrewd move and there would be quid pro quo for them all in that. I think the brand is desperate to actually go there since she needs to be seen as likeable. We all know the history, it would be a hollow gesture on her part but to Joe and Jane Schmoe who could care less about the details it would have good Daddy/Daughter optics, optics which could be subsequently sold and which would also give the cold and distant Royals a covert middle finger i.e. hey look everyone at least Meghan can kiss and make up.

I'm not sure how lucrative this will be but I think that is the way this will go. While still a member of the royal family the goal will be to brand her as the famous woman who used to be Royal a few years back and is open for offers/collabs etc. Not attending the coronation being the first step there. That all now becomes Prince Harrys thing to deal with. He was the one who wanted their kids to have titles. Meghan Markle is done with that. The only title important to her is Mom lest we forget.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Just 4 days to go Tattlers! Can't believe it's nearly here after all the waiting.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've felt rather sad over the last few days tbh seeing all these photos of good people's knitting on postboxes in villages, bunting, getting ready with cakes and camping out for the Coronation. I really feel that Chuck the Carolean Woke doesn't deserve all you decent loyal people, and that he's taking the pee. We've not even seen the start of it yet from him and the only ray of light is that he won't be around to do too much damage. I hope that William doesn't go down the same WEF Woke road, nobody wants it but our enemies but they don't seem to be able to see this. The Queen knew.

Am I being a tit? Feel free to say I'm being a tit and if you think I'm being a tit I'll stop fretting. That's what this thread is for.

Sorry, but I didn't want to spell it out!
"Gl...s, so as in other ways the Stoat has not fallen far from the tree."
Like father like son.
@LyraBalacqua just answered this for you.
I don't think you are being a tit at all. I agree. KC3 is not what his mother was, he is too self-involved. IMO. I fear we will see the Stoat back on the balcony soon enough too, though maybe (hopefully) not at the Coro. I was just musing before though, that the Brits have a history of being able to get Royals to get into line when it's needed. Chuck might take history on board.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just 4 days to go Tattlers! Can't believe it's nearly here after all the waiting

I know, me neither. The house is clean. I have some Coronation bits and will buy more on Friday morning. Then on Saturday I'll be glued to my TV and here to take it all in. I think for me it will be a once in a life time, although I really do hope I last long enough to see William and Kate's big day too.

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🍷🍷🍷🍷

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Neil Sean. Mme Tussauds have had to add extra security since H waxwork has been returned to stand alongside the RF, as so many see him as a traitor and want to smack him. (Get in the queue peeps lol)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The rebrand to me is a tacit admission of failure. She had the help of Sunshine Sachs and Harrys lucrative status for sale and this was what helped land them their deals early on (Netflix, Spotify). Meghan delivered a book which was forgettable, a Netflix series which was mocked (i.e. "I love the part where...") and, despite living in the present, it went over old material and was a turgid watch with an overwhelming and unpalatable sense of self-absorption. Oh look! Someone on a scooter seems to be following us! This is harassment!

Then there was a podcast which despite the hype and debut with Williams and Carey eventually limped through the amount of casts agreed upon and like the subsequent guests was also forgettable. So the quick and easy money has been banked yet even with all of that propping her up it was easily waved away with South Parks rejoinder of Instagram Loving witch Wife hence the need for a rebrand. We might laugh at that but, commercially, it was so cutting. His book, while lucrative, damaged their mutual brand and there seems to be a split happening. WME say they are honoured to represent a global icon and I sense a definite shift away from the past and the Royal association. "Living in the present".

I think the rebrand in order to be successful will seek to discard the whole Duchess of Sussex image and will be a return to pre-Harry Meghan Markle since associations in the general public mind with Meghan and the Royal family is negative. It will take her P&G letter writing moxy and mix it all with her raised status. She may even need to bite the bullet and make peace with her father. Any good PR would recommend that as a shrewd move and there would be quid pro quo for them all in that. I think the brand is desperate to actually go there since she needs to be seen as likeable. We all know the history, it would be a hollow gesture on her part but to Joe and Jane Schmoe who could care less about the details it would have good Daddy/Daughter optics, optics which could be subsequently sold and which would also give the cold and distant Royals a covert middle finger i.e. hey look everyone at least Meghan can kiss and make up.

I'm not sure how lucrative this will be but I think that is the way this will go. While still a member of the royal family the goal will be to brand her as the famous woman who used to be Royal a few years back and is open for offers/collabs etc. Not attending the coronation being the first step there. That all now becomes Prince Harrys thing to deal with. He was the one who wanted their kids to have titles. Meghan Markle is done with that. The only title important to her is Mom lest we forget.
I did see headlines about her having moved on from the royal family, so yep.

OZ6p.gif

Did that thing with the Markles air already? Maybe she'll pay off make up with them before it does?

I must confess. I watched half a minute of Suits today. Was curious 🤷 Regretted it immediately because 🤢🤮

She became a Duchess/princess? Nothing to do with her skin colour - we have had way darker real life princesses or actresses play princesses and it was all believable and they actually looked gorgeous (jewels pop on darker skin!). She just looks so .... inexpensive. Her mannerisms etc are just not even ordinary. And she has picked up nothing in so many years.

For all the slating Catherine gets for her "posh" accent, at least she makes an effort to look and be the part, which is so appreciated. Just ask all the little children who want to see a pretty princess in a frock! And she can be taken out to meet dignitaries from other countries without any cringes over major faux pas or general unkemptness.

Neil Sean. Mme Tussauds have had to add extra security since H waxwork has been returned to stand alongside the RF, as so many see him as a traitor and want to smack him. (Get in the queue peeps lol)

One from me too, please!

*sets out to tie things together to make one long inter-continental smacking stick*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
So I think Thomas markle will be invited to the 4th bday and that's the picture that she will use to steal the limelight

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Is anyone doing a new thread? Don't ask me as wouldn't have a clue sorry and would more than likely accidentally delete the whole thing!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
So I think Thomas markle will be invited to the 4th bday and that's the picture that she will use to steal the limelight
Don't think she will do that as she wants to distance herself from all of them.

Reactions: 24

It’s like you’re in my head! I agree wholeheartedly with all of this.
---
I think the whole coronation fever is getting to me. I’ve just shampooed the carpet?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Don't think she will do that as she wants to distance herself from all of them.

I agree, they have absolutely nothing to offer her or support her on her journey to the top, no money, no status, assets etc, so she will have nothing to do with them and no doubt breath a sigh of relief when they are no longer around. I also believe she will come out with all sorts of made up tit when her dad dies for her victim narrative

• Sick
Reactions: 26
South Wales here, Gavin & Stacey Town. We have a great funfair, fab beaches and a small castle
Barry Island? Went to Butlins there when the children were small. Could see the Royal Yacht Britannia anchored in the bay from the camp. Next day we were the first car to be stopped by a policeman while a convoy of black cars passed in front of us …. Who was in one - none other than The Queen and she gave us a wave as she passed by. 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Barry Island? Went to Butlins there when the children were small. Could see the Royal Yacht Britannia anchored in the bay from the camp. Next day we were the first car to be stopped by a policeman while a convoy of black cars passed in front of us …. Who was in one - none other than The Queen and she gave us a wave as she passed by. 😃
Wow that's amazing, wise!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.