Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Porco Misere

My 1953 Coronation tin and my 2023 ones. I was 6 when I had the first and was very excited because we were having a rented tv for the occasion.
76CA5BC5-19E2-49C1-B39D-D38B3E14ABF5.jpeg
4C04034A-DCEB-4139-8C8C-4D4767065258.jpeg
4C04034A-DCEB-4139-8C8C-4D4767065258.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 69

FrancesDundee80

VIP Member
one of her several 'tongue out' moments - this at the garden party
I was reading the stories and posts here about the Garden Party and the Granola. She is just essentially very ill educated and rude. There's not an ounce of social manners. She masks it all in Stereotypes such as "strong", "ambitious", "having a will of her own". No. It's just absence of education and manners. An those who consider manners a thing of the past fail to understand that manners are about living harmoniously in community. We see the new generations not being contradicted and with the parents panicking if the children get bored and then they become incapable of a happy social life, they do not contribute to the benefit of the whole and are fundamentally selfish. There: the ILBW is a poster woman for another humanity flaw.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Amiyaya

VIP Member
What's everyone snacking on for the coronation? Can't afford Fortnum hamper like one of our posters( will need pics of the F&M merch though!) The Markles interview was a huge non event IMO...
View attachment 2139169View attachment 2139173
I have 12 houseguests for the long weekend, and an additional 6 people for the coronation. We are doing high tea on the Saturday (full English in the morning!) and then pub in the evening. Sunday I am doing bacon rolls and a visit to a local castle then a gigantic roast dinner for 16 of us with some proper old school puds! I then have home made pastries to go with fruit on Monday before sending everyone on their journeys with a packed lunch! 5 people flying back up to bonnie Scotland, a couple of welshies and some from Cornwall. I’m so excited!!!!!! THIS is my forte and I’m so so excited!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Cassandra333

VIP Member
I'm stepping away for a few days. I'm getting very overwhelmed with stuff in my life at the moment and feel like I'm being dragged into the cave of doom. I'd rather be dancing with the fairies but what can you do?
Particularly want to apologise to @Chita. Hopefully be back soon. Keep tattling!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Post-box topper 10 minutes from where I type this. See what Meghan and Harry are missing!? They could have been immortalized in wool by talented people in my neighbourhood. 😒

ccc.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Bobble22

VIP Member
@Bobble22

thread closed before i got to answer:

thing is in C&C there was never the question of marrying. he wasn't "sent to sea" to forget about her, they was only a fling. they did start to develop feelings after Cammie was unhappily married for years, in the late 70's. idk, i might be wrong, i avoid reading Charles biographies bc i know i will end up throwing them at unsuspecting urbanists for no fault of their own.
I'd always understood that Camila was deemed not suitable as she'd had relationships before they met but I don't suppose we can ever be certain of things that are said in private or what should be kept private.
I thought Diana was completely wrong for him, they didn't seem to have much in common and she was thicker than a whale omelet, which must have driven him nuts, I imagine her natural charms soon wore thin, though I do think she was pretty shrewd and knew how to play games.
I feel sorry for Diana though, I'm not sure anyone was her true friend, I don't think she could trust anyone and the men she chose probably were only in it because of who she was, although she seemed to have no problem breaking up other women's marriages.
She was a complex person I think but ultimately idiotic. Just my opinion of course.

• Heart

Shushex

VIP Member
Thanks to our first time contender @SuperhansKnitting for the winning title!

Well, after all the incendiary court drama last thread, Smeghan shocked us :)rolleyes:) with signing up with WME talent agency. that's WME, not WWE, although they kind of overlap plenty. Y'all look me in the eye and tell me you didn't visualise Meghan in luchador mask when you first read the news.

The Markles are breaking their silence in a joint interview to air tomorrow. well, today. yesterday. sometime in the Spacetime6* on SkyNews Australia.

On the other (good) hand:

The PPoW were in Wales. they were pictured rock climbing, pizza buying and being very gracious while visiting Aberfan, where a very inquisitive one year old cutie took it upon himself to closely inspect Princess Catherine's handbag for Harkle bugs.

Corrie spirits are high. the Stone of Scone is on its way to the Abbey. Corrie yarn-bombing is in full throttle, mini Corrie replicas are snarking at the Harkles, bunting is everywhere and rehearsals are underway.

if i missed anything, please add to recap :)

Old Thread:

*a very obscure gaming reference: Lucas Arts' The Dig.

• Heart

Mavvers

Chatty Member
I feel a bit for Camilla, I’m pretty sure she’d prefer a nice quiet life in the country with horses and dogs and her family. But whatever we think about her or Charlie they are clearly meant for each other.
☝I met C&C when they visited Cardiff a few months ago. I have to say, in the flesh, Camilla is incredibly attractive. Very dainty, smiley and a naughty glint in her eye. Photos really don't do her justice (rather like Princess A). I bet she's great fun too.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

jonathanlynch

VIP Member
To land Harry her father had to be thrown under a bus because she'd already sold Harry her sizzler-salad-to-Suits moxy bullshit story. An actual face to face meeting with her father and within five minutes he could have sullied the deal with even a thicko like Harry harboring doubts about Megs' integrity. He had to be sacrificed as an untrustworthy liar who she could then discard. The laughable part is that she and Harry had much in common. They were both afforded the means and opportunities to really excel but couldn't because they are vacuous and untalented arseholes.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

ChipDex

VIP Member
What the actual feck does she know about giving birth!
Un-fecking-believable!
What on earth can she "teach" South African women about giving birth?

Regardless of where we all stand on the "arrival" of the Flatpacks, she certainly doesn't know what "giving birth" is like for most women. Let alone women in deprived conditions, who might be lucky to have clean water on hand, let alone anything else.

Even with decent access to healthcare, most women don't get to do it in their own suite in luxurious private facilities. Husband occupying himself with depleting the laughing gas supplies while Wifey rolls around on a ball, and their choice of take-away food is delivered "on demand".

The pair really seem to have a "saviour complex" when it comes to parts of Africa, don't they? It's disturbing.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Let's face it, if Catherine arrived in a black refuse sack, she would still look great. Since that is unlikely to happen 😁 I'm going to take all talk of Charles or anyone else not wanting her to be the belle of the ball, so to speak, with large pinches of salt.

It's his day. A day for which he has waited many years. It's bound to be a day of mixed emotions for him. The loss of his mother which means he is now the monarch, and on the other side of that, the sadness at her death, and the loss of Philip too and then there's the mess with Harry.

On the plus side he has his happy marriage, W&C, his gorgeous Wales grandchildren with whom he seems to be very close.

It's HIS day, he will be centre stage with Camilla the love of his life by his side and I honestly don't think being outshone will be foremost in his thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 60