Harry & Meghan #336 Don't matter 'bout the blood rocks I got, I'm still Meghan from the yacht

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@VC10
Apologies if you mentioned this later on in the thread I am just catching up. the car Diana was in was not a normal hire car. It was a butchered limo that had been written off twice and was dangerously full of faults.

she was in a dangerous lashed up car, with a drunk driver, not wearing her seatbelt.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
what was she doing to be sent home, that garden party was a few days after the wedding
I think that was at a garden party for KC birthday just after they were married and she was overheard saying she was bored and wanted to go - so they were asked to leave?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
@Bobble22

thread closed before i got to answer:

thing is in C&C there was never the question of marrying. he wasn't "sent to sea" to forget about her, they was only a fling. they did start to develop feelings after Cammie was unhappily married for years, in the late 70's. idk, i might be wrong, i avoid reading Charles biographies bc i know i will end up throwing them at unsuspecting urbanists for no fault of their own.
I have read before and seen on documentaries that the Queen Mum, Queen and Prince philip and KC uncle Dickie were keen for him not to go out with QC simply because she was Catholic. As a future head of cofe that couldn't be. The stint at sea is widely said to have been to create seperation. Also heard Queen Mum met QC parents. QC became engaged while KC was away. So job done.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Camilla was never in the picture. the whole "virgin princess" whatever was a tabloid invention. what really precipitated the union with Diana was a tabloid leak that placed her on the Royal train with Charles, although both brought forward several independent eye witnesses to disprove said amorous encounter. but the tabloids were relentless, and Diana did leak and claim that the woman on the train was Camilla, although many other independent eyewitnesses at the time placed her at her husband's side on the other side of Britain at said time. but the scandal at the time wouldn't be shut, so ultimately it was PP who wrung PC's arm and forced him to do the "honourable thing". i think Charles would have been happy to be a bachelor, among his treatises of botany and (God help me) urbanism, but he ultimately succumbed bc he thought he could "out ride" a 19 years old, and mould her into a "yes sir" hausfrau who would only bother him to ask if he cared for some tea.
I think Charles’’ choice of Diana-the-virgin was definitely influenced by his father, trying to deflect him from other aspiring wives put forward by interfering old Uncle Mountbatten. Most males of that generation were hugely entitled and chauvinistic - my father would sail in from his (working class) job and sit in the chair which only he was allowed and utter “cup of tea when you’re ready, love” and mother would drop everything to please him.

The irritating thing about a lot of the RF men is their received english voice/accompanying pomposity which has been passed down — it conjures up images of the Victorian past. When I heard Prince Andrew’s interview for instance, I cringed at how his insufferably pompous presentation would turn off half the nation no matter what he said. They all have it to a certain extent. And Palace publicity “a photo of their Majesties has been released” - why not drop the third person, it’s the 21st century. The RF will lose a lot more support from the average joe if they don’t improve their comms.

Reactions: 27
One of my local post boxes, all dressed for the Coronation:

View attachment 2137280
Ooohhhh!!!! The soldier is on a HORSE. For rather too long there I thought he was assuming the er……submissive position. I think it’s because the horse is a pale colour I didn’t see it. 😬😱

now I see it properly it is really good. How do people find the time (or skill)

ETA Ah just seen the above shot in post 30. That’d probably have helped. Posted too soon again 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Post-box topper 10 minutes from where I type this. See what Meghan and Harry are missing!? They could have been immortalized in wool by talented people in my neighbourhood. 😒

ccc.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Apologies for any threads I've missed!

So we are all gearing up for the coronation, One of the greatest and most important days of King Charles life,

and his darling son is risking the prestige and mystique of the Royal family, with a toddler tantrum with the British Press! What appalling timing. If I have caught up , Harold is upset that the British press, and therefore the British public think he is a thicko, and a cheat and something else.
Has time run out for Prince Harry’s case against Murdoch press? | Prince Harry | The Guardian

Well surely the best way to prove you aren't these things, is to behave in a way that contradicts these allegations? I have yet to see any evidence of intelligence in Harry. Does he want to deliberately destroy his fathers coronation? Does he want to destroy the monarchy? Because the timing of these allegations, and this awful court case, is in danger of doing just this.

How many of these allegations of phone tapping relate to Harold himself? How do you disprove that other people involved in the story weren;t responsible for going to the press, or gossiping to the wrong person? I'm thinking here of any story relating to Diana and men like Will Carling, wouldn't his wife be also a likely candidate to expose the story?

Of course illegal phone tapping is wrong, but, I do wonder how often this was needed or used, in stories about the RF, who tend to be so surrounded by servants and publicists etc. I have an odd feeling that the members of the RF are so used to having people around, they would be unaware of who else is in the room as they are talking. So may easily let out secrets inadvertently.

Like the one that William was paid off by the tabloids!!! What a great way to expose what was meant to be a secret!!! Why does anyone else need to know about this? This wasnt Harolds secret to expose, does he have any understanding of what the word confidential means? Obviously not!!

And as for attacking Piers Morgan!! Why?

Prince Harry claims Piers Morgan ‘encouraged and concealed’ illegal hacking of Princess Diana’s phone | The Independent

As Piers Morgan says “When is this permanently angry, narcissistic little twerp going to stop whining, stop suing, stop trashing his family, stop damaging the Monarchy, and just shut up?”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Reactions: 26
Harry & Meghan #337
All the Kings horses and all the Kings men
Couldn't put Hazno together again

(when smegz dumps him)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
one of her several 'tongue out' moments - this at the garden party
I was reading the stories and posts here about the Garden Party and the Granola. She is just essentially very ill educated and rude. There's not an ounce of social manners. She masks it all in Stereotypes such as "strong", "ambitious", "having a will of her own". No. It's just absence of education and manners. An those who consider manners a thing of the past fail to understand that manners are about living harmoniously in community. We see the new generations not being contradicted and with the parents panicking if the children get bored and then they become incapable of a happy social life, they do not contribute to the benefit of the whole and are fundamentally selfish. There: the ILBW is a poster woman for another humanity flaw.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I'm wondering if Harold isn't up to his old tricks. By not telling them his travel plans, where he is staying and when he is coming in it will be difficult for the minders to keep an eye on him. That is exactly what he wants so he can pull off one of his surprises. I see him just walking into WA to make an "entrance" and sitting where he not supposed to. You know he is going to pull off some stunt and he knows that they know so he is trying to get around them by telling them nothing beforehand.
I am starting to really hope he doesnt bother to come.....what would the point of him coming be?

He obviously is completely estranged from the family...so why pretend he isnt?

• Sick
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.