Harry & Meghan #335 Fakers at The Lakers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you imagine the mess re the PoW title especially when William became PoW and if he was married? Would there have been 2 Princess’ of Wales? I would say that’s probably why they wanted her restyled as HRH Princess Diana, nothing more sinister than that.
But William would only be POW when his father became king so would Diana have got another title? Don’t know what though ……. perhaps ‘Queen It Should Have Been Me’ and then could have passed this title on to her daughter-in-law when she died.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I don’t think he insisted it was removed at all. There were conversations with Diana happening behind the scenes and he was part of it all. I don’t think he really wanted her to keep PoW but seemed to have no issue with the HRH. She’d been offered the HRH in her own right by him and HM but because Di was obsessed with keeping PoW, she jumped the gun to try and force their hands. As she clearly told Lady C, she bizarrely thought a title of her own was a demotion rather than a practically unique in history promotion. For someone who came from the aristo world, thats a strange lack of understanding.

I’m not sure why the Burkes person is saying loss of HRH wasn’t protocol because it absolutely was as far as general aristo titles went. You don’t get to keep the all important The when you divorce a Duke, etc. And royal divorce, well there was no precedent. Ignoring Henry VIII, KCIII’s generation basically were the first. George IV had tried to divorce Caroline but been denied. Anne divorcing Phillips didn’t count as he didn’t have a title anyway. So the Yorks were the only precedent and she got the same as Sarah.

By many accounts, Di was an utter nightmare through the divorce process, playing tricks, demanding ridiculous stuff, threatening to release the false gay scandal tape she’d fooled the mentally vulnerable Smith into. And yet she is still seen as the poorly done to victim in it all, when actually I think the Queen and Charles were just doing their best to manage a horrendous mess.

I really recommend Lady C’s Di book. Di had initially wanted Lady C to basically be her Morton, so gave her hours of interviews. In the end, Lady C refused to publish the false tale Di was spinning so Di went to Morton instead. But it means Lady C’s Diana books are all on first person evidence. She’s a big Diana fan in many ways and generous about her many good qualities but is also very fair about her faults and issues and just how hard she was to deal with.
Diana herself was most focussed on not losing her Princess of Wales title. She was paranoid they were going to demote her to duchess or something when her whole brand was the PoW. She did exactly what her son later replicated with the Megxit announcement, ie telling the public what was going to happen to try and fence the RF into a corner. That announcement included her intention to be known as Diana, Princess of Wales.

According to Lady C, the Queen and Charles had been privately thinking they should accord her the privilege of HRH Princess Diana in her own right. That would have been momentous since she wasn’t blood royal but they recognised a) she was going to be mother of a king and b) the entire world called her that already. However, when she pissed them all off by jumping the gun publicly when nothing had been agreed privately, the Queen said ‘well, we’ll take her at her word then’ and gave her the lesser title as well setting it out as a pro forma for future royal divorces.

View attachment 2136486
View attachment 2136487
View attachment 2136488

All this title-hogging is just so icky. These people were going through a divorce with two children involved but she was mainly obsessed with what title she would be getting. She obviously wanted to keep the "Wales" over fears of Camilla being the next Princess of Wales.

The thing that I am sensing about Diana is that she was incredibly childish and selfish. The kind of person who only argues for themself even in a family setting. She wasn't even thinking of William and his future wife, which I suppose the Queen was.

If I recall correctly someone talked about how the fighting got so intense between Charles and Diana that at one time, William preferred to have his nanny at a school event than them?

Imagine being THAT childish that your under-16 child has to parent himself.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I have made a vow to not click on any newspaper article about the gruesome twosome, a small step in telling the media I am not interested. As far as the HRH for Diana goes I remember thinking why is she getting so hysterical about it? But I suppose in those circles it is really important.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor Ahuja (cousin-in-law to Deepika Padukone whom Smegs had "interviewed") will be performing at the Coronation Concert.

Yet another event that Smegs won't get to be at. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Opposites attract might be true, but marrying someone with zero common interests or even a vaguely similar background is utter madness. It's the behaviour of love-sick teenagers, not grown adults.

Smeg married H for fame and fortune. H married Smeg to show he had changed his racist ways, boost his popularity and turn the royals into a money making machine.

But it's not a Disney fairytale.

Smeg thought with the royal connection she would take Hollyweird by storm.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
When anything negative is said against Migraine the sugars come out with all the crap of "she lives in your head" and "don't comment just to be nasty".
William & Catherine share a lovely anniversary photo & the sugars rip it to pieces & are really nasty & vile.
Make it make sense 🤯

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
7 days to go Tattlers!

This time next week we'll be watching it
---
Charles was caught buying a cherry brandy whilst under-age in the Outer Hebrides. Perhaps this was his mugshot?
I've been to the Crown Hotel where the scandal occurred and they had an old newspaper clipping on the wall. Personally, I think this mugshot would have been more eye-catching.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
the fact Camilla was the Duchess of Cornwall for so many years instead of princess of wales says everything it needs to about how she felt about precedence and title. It was a very unselfish thing and I think it made her more accepted by the queen. She could have been PoW but left it, and Catherine immediately was given the title when eligible to start a new chapter.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
That is incredibly moving …

yet i also hear a whiny , nasal mutter from 10 rows back………..’Shoulda been me….’
instant memory unlocked ;)

---
the fact Camilla was the Duchess of Cornwall for so many years instead of princess of wales says everything it needs to about how she felt about precedence and title. It was a very unselfish thing and I think it made her more accepted by the queen. She could have been PoW but left it, and Catherine immediately was given the title when eligible to start a new chapter.
Let's face it, technically Camilla was PoW but never used the title because of Diana.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I never understand the view that calling her Catherine Middleton is misogynistic - feminists fought hard for the right to keep their maiden name if they so wished. The point made above that this is the precedent with previous queens and royal wives is correct - calling her princess Catherine just relegates her to one of many. You could insist she be called the Duchess of Cambridge every time but that sounds stuffy (and frankly a bit Sussex like) and a bit weird if they refer to him as William. Doesn’t it also show she’s known as a person in her own right, not just as a wife?

Reactions: 24
That is incredibly moving …

yet i also hear a whiny , nasal mutter from 10 rows back………..’Shoulda been me….’
Can't help but hope that he's so drugged up he fucks up, stands up in the ceremony and yells it.

Just for a bit of fun and gossip 🤣

Before he's bundled off by the men in white coats to the nearest asylum 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
BookWorm thinks that history is going to repeat itself and the Ho will relaunch The Tig. If she gets a role in a film she'll send the Stoat a Dear John letter but keep all the jewellery. She knows it's over with the RF and needs something to move on TO. BookWorm thinks the end of the marriage is near, but does the Stoat know?
I think the Tig will get relaunched at some point this year and I agree with Bookworm that the end of the marriage is near as in the last few days we have seen more signs from Meghan that she is done with Harry.

Reactions: 25
Can you imagine the mess re the PoW title especially when William became PoW and if he was married? Would there have been 2 Princess’ of Wales? I would say that’s probably why they wanted her restyled as HRH Princess Diana, nothing more sinister than that.
Correct me I'm wrong, but I think Diana would have been Diana, Princess of Wales and Catherine would have been The Princess of Wales.
Of course, the press would have clarified the situation by calling them Princess Di and Kate Middleton. :rolleyes:
I also think that Diana would have probably remarried by then and been Mrs John Travolta or similar. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I never understand the view that calling her Catherine Middleton is misogynistic - feminists fought hard for the right to keep their maiden name if they so wished. The point made above that this is the precedent with previous queens and royal wives is correct - calling her princess Catherine just relegates her to one of many. You could insist she be called the Duchess of Cambridge every time but that sounds stuffy (and frankly a bit Sussex like) and a bit weird if they refer to him as William. Doesn’t it also show she’s known as a person in her own right, not just as a wife?
It all relates to intention. Those who typically call her Kate Middleton do it to either devaluate her - and snobbing her common origins - or to click bait. It is rarely to praise her as the accomplished woman she was already before her marriage.

• Sick
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.