Harry & Meghan #334 Desperately trying to save face, so Meghan buys a new one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK fellow tattlers. On the news this morning here in LA, there was a chef who made Coronation Quiche. Don't get excited. It was nothing more than adding cannellini/fava beans and tarragon to the custard used for the usual cheese quiche. He said the recipe is on the royal website. I haven't looked. Dr. Plantagenet doesn't mind the beans, but he can't see them in a quiche. I would be willing to try it though. What are your thoughts? Should I forge ahead and make it for our Coronation meal?
I would pay actual money to Anthony Hopkins make this ‘with a nice chianti’
---
DM article:
---
Oh, and, by the way ...

V :m
I :m:m
P :m:m:m
Hurrah!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So she recorded the TED talk with filters (?), knowing it'd throw her into the spotlight and have everyone talking, and then turn up at the NBA looking as usual, knowing it'd garner more attention for days?

Also, I'm today years old when I realised the reason behind the applause for Katy Perry is she's a Monteshito neighbour and Orlando was pally for a time, apparently, etc. Sheer bloody genius. I have a memory, honest :LOL:

Eeew I hope not (though I can imagine there is). The world does not need to be tainted with such a thing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Off Topic

I was thinking of something to have for the Coronation corrination and wanted a few suggestions.
I haven't seen anything for the Coronation corrination in the shops here.

The challenge to Tattlers is I can boil water and make toast. Oh and mashed spuds.

I did have a dream of sausage rolls and looked at some easy recipes but even they sounded impossible. We don't have a nice baker near us to even buy them, only the frozen from the supermarket.

I can buy scones for the dessert. Would it be sacrilege to get the cream in the spray can.

Scones are easy to make. Why not have a go this week to see how easy it is?
Clotted cream on amazon for £2

Rodda's Clotted Cream 113g https://amzn.eu/d/bNeT5x2
It might be available where you are.

It will be nicer than spray can cream.
Have a trial run ready for the big day.

Frozen sausage rolls would be ok cos you have to cook them, so it will seem like you made them yourself.

You could always do some cucumber sandwiches too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Off Topic

I was thinking of something to have for the Coronation corrination and wanted a few suggestions.

The challenge to Tattlers is I can boil water and make toast. Oh and mashed spuds.

I did have a dream of sausage rolls and looked at some easy recipes but even they sounded impossible. We don't have a nice baker near us to even buy them, only the frozen from the supermarket.

I can buy scones for the dessert. Would it be sacrilege to get the cream in the spray can.
You can do sausage rolls I promise! This one looks good:https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/super-sausage-rolls/amp

You just buy pre made puff pastry, pop some chutney on it, squirt the sausage meat out of their casings to make the sausage Mix, shape that and pop it in? baste with beaten egg and roll the pastry to sausage roll-ify it!

On topic - Sparry only got two sausage rolls as a child WHILE WILLIAM HAD THREE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Off Topic

Might HLM's old chef might be able to help?

I need the eye rolling reaction! 🙄
Hazno, whyfore art thou such a pillock?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
James Murdoch left, it's Lachlan that is still working with Rupert.

James was in charge of Fox but they sold the majority of shares to Disney.
He was also the head of News International at one point.

When James was called to court in regards to the News of the World hacking he said he wasn't with the company and quit because he didn't agree with the way the company had done things.

James has founded his own company Lupa Investments.
His wife is on that media misinformation committee things with H.
"Has founded his own company"... You believe in what you wish. He is still pretty much looking into complementary businesses - like India's brunch of Viacom (one of his fathers competition, and a way for someone Murdoch to build power in Asia after selling Star). He also kept the board sittings he had, because of his father - like Tesla. Also he is now financing Democrats and you can argue it goes against his father, except we have seen this dancing of the Murdochs in Britain with the father dividing and conquering both Torys and Labour.

Then again, anyone believes whatever they want. I just can't trust the news about a family who owns half of those who write it.

Reactions: 23
Talking about her new face

OK, I haven't caught up thread-wise yet, but I'm starting to wonder if Meg's "new face" was actually filters. As a tease for those of us (including me) who assumed her time off was for surgery. After seeing her at the Lakers' game, I think now she maybe just had some tweaks and botox, rest of her time was spent plotting, planning and plate throwing. BTW these filters can be amazing! You just gotta never show your real face in the real world...

• Wow
Reactions: 22
She met HMTLQ like 20 or 30 times at most…the others shared a life with her.
And Smegs stabbed her in the back and wouldn't meet her when the Queen asked her to come for a meeting. Why does she think the others will care of she is ok when this was their beloved mother/grandmother/aunt, not here.

Reactions: 29
Definitely believe this, however that fugly outfit of hers was wrinkled enough to look as if it had been in a 2+ hour car ride. I thought that when she did the Mexican restaurant pap walk that she was staying in LA as well.

On the whole of it was stupid for two people trying to get a career started to buy a house in Montecito which is convenient to nothing. It is a place for people who rarely have to come here on business or are retired. They should have bought something closer and there were plenty of choices. If it wasn't for the snob appeal of Montecito that Meghan wanted, they would have bought here. It was aspirational on her part. The only problem is that it is for people who have already made their money and the Harkles were just starting out in that regard.
It was obviously a publicity stunt. After the French questioned if anyone was actually working and Arsewell and after the world speculating if they were still together they had a "date night" with the whole team at a place that was packed with sports press and they had a deal to appear on the kiss cam. Funny thing is, for all the happiness the ILBW is showing, there is a lot of serious-not-even-enjoying-the-game faces around them.

Reactions: 29
It was obviously a publicity stunt. After the French questioned if anyone was actually working and Arsewell and after the world speculating if they were still together they had a "date night" with the whole team at a place that was packed with sports press and they had a deal to appear on the kiss cam. Funny thing is, for all the happiness the ILBW is showing, there is a lot of serious-not-even-enjoying-the-game faces around them.
I wonder if some of those Archewell staff had to fly in last minute to save face, maybe cancelling plans etc. If they all only work like an hour allegedly, then they won't have all been casually free at the same time and place. I bet they were scrambled to be there hence them looking glum and pissed off.

Reactions: 25
How on earth are his legal team allowing this circus to go ahead!? 🎪🤪
I believe, at this time, that his lawyers are feeding this dimwit delusions for money. As long as he goes to court - and going to court, to the dimwit, is a way of making "his truth" public without being an hypocrite in cahoots with the press - the lawyers are being fed with money. As he has several court cases in Britain alone, you can only imagine how much money his lawyers are making.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Has anyone seen a full version of his statement, rather than the snippets the articles include? If so, can you provide a link?

Reactions: 15
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.