Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JAR21

VIP Member

Queen will have to sit alone at Prince Philip's funeral because of strict Covid rules
The law states that anyone attending a funeral must stay at least two metres apart from anyone who is not part of their household bubble

ByGordon Rayner, ASSOCIATE EDITOR13 April 2021 • 10:00pm
The Queen is not eligible to form a support bubble with another member of her family because she does not live on her own

The Queen faces the prospect of having to sit on her own during the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral because of strict Covid rules, it has emerged.

The law states that anyone attending a funeral must stay at least two metres apart from anyone who is not part of their household, meaning all members of the Royal family will have to spread out in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

The Queen is not eligible to be in a support bubble because she does not live on her own, meaning the only person who could sit with her during the service would be a member of her Windsor Castle staff.
The Duke’s private secretary, Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell, is expected to be one of the 30 mourners allowed at the ceremony, and as a member of “HMS Bubble” at Windsor may be the only attendee eligible by law to sit with the Queen.

Royal sources confirmed that the Queen would be alone at the funeral service unless a member of the Windsor bubble joins her.
The Queen and other members of the Royal family will also, by law, have to wear face coverings during the ceremony, and will not be allowed to sing.

Buckingham Palace said exact details of the funeral service will be disclosed on Thursday, but a spokesman added: “We have made it very clear that the service will be Covid compliant.”

Andy Langford, clinical director of the charity Cruse Bereavement Care, of which the Queen is royal patron, said many people had found it “immensely difficult not being able to grieve the way they want to grieve” over the past year.

He said: “The Queen may be standing alone, but there is a difference between being alone and feeling isolated, and the important thing is that you can have people you can reach out to.

“It’s also about being fully informed in advance about how the ceremony will take place.

“We advise people that yes, the funeral itself is important, but the time before and the time after are really critical.”

The Government’s Covid website warns mourners that: “You may struggle not just with the bereavement, but with the impact of social distancing measures and the fact that you may not be able to say goodbye in the way that you would have wanted.”

Some funerals over the past year have been marred by members of staff at crematoria berating relatives for comforting next of kin and forcing them to move apart.

They included a funeral in Milton Keynes last October, at which a man moved his chair so he could put his arm around his mother at the funeral of his father, only for a member of staff to interrupt the service and order them to “move the chairs back”.

The incident was captured on film because the funeral was being live-streamed, and the local council later said its staff “should have taken a more considered approach”.

Other members of the Royal family who will have to sit 2m away from everyone else during the service include Prince Harry, who does not live with anyone else attending the ceremony, and his cousin Peter Phillips, who is expected to attend without his estranged wife Autumn.

Other members of the Royal family, such as the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, will sit together as couples, but 2m away from other mourners.

Brigadier Miller-Bakewell began working for the Duke in 2010, managing his diary and his public engagements before the Duke’s retirement in 2017.

The 66-year-old has represented the Duke at official events in the past four years. Before he joined the Royal Household, he worked at the Ministry of Defence as its director of resettlement, helping ex-military personnel settle into civilian life, following a distinguished Army career of his own.
The Government’s rules state that only one “professional” person can sing at funerals, though up to three people can sing “if it is essential to an act of worship”. It means a chorister or professional singer could be asked to sing at the ceremony, but it must “not include audience participation”, according to current rules.

The Queen is not eligible to form a support bubble with another member of her family because she does not live on her own. Around 20 people are included in the Windsor Castle bubble that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh formed when Covid restrictions were imposed.

Although there are other qualifications for forming a support bubble, such as being a single parent, none of them apply to Her Majesty.

If the Queen intends to provide refreshments after the funeral, only five other people will be able to attend, as the rule of six applies.
Despite officially being in a two-week period of mourning, the Queen carried out a royal engagement yesterday, hosting an audience with the Earl Peel.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

freda19

VIP Member
This the one that really grinds my gears:

“I don't want to sound dismissive: it was a difficult week on the eve of the wedding, she was upset about something, but she admitted that she was wrong and apologized. She did what I would have done if I had offended someone, "

What YOUUUU would have done? Who cares what YOU would have done?!! Who are YOUUUU!!!!
It's more typical to say "what anyone would have done", no? What a fugly creature.
She was also implying that the reason Kate was upset was because of the cheating rumour that meggy started. Hoping to stir that shit pot up again.

"She who stirs the shit pot should be made to lick the spoon"

• Haha
  • Wow

Baguette

VIP Member
Maggoty fundamentally misunderstood the Royal Family in every possible way. She thought they were like celebrities what she could bully and manipulate. She thought she could come in and take over as ‘top dog’. She thought it was a popularity contest. She had no grasp at all of the weight and majesty, nor the international prestige of the British monarchy. The idea that a D-list actress could take them on and win is laughable.

Also - do you think the real reason Farmer Maggot didn’t come is because they could only afford one ticket?
Megzy was told she couldn't attend, for sure. We knew absolutely nothing about the funeral guests when the news broke, but we were told immediately that MM 'didn't have medical clearance' to travel. BP will have made Hazno's travel arrangements and told him to take his American Airlines/BA codeshare flight. He was not to travel on an Oprah/Russian funded private jet. I'd bet my baguettes on that.

I lean towards Harry fundamentally misunderstanding his popularity and what he could get away with. Megzy took her cues from him. I still remember Lady C making a passing reference to Harry promoting a gambling organisation on his Caribbean tour pre-engagement, which had to be hushed up. There might have been plenty of Harry side-deals going on for years that we don't know about. Megzy then dialled it up and made it far too visible, and the RF shut them down.

• Wow

freda19

VIP Member
Interesting, exactly the same thing happened on mumsnet. Screaming and hysteria about racism on any H&M thread from a small hardcore group who clearly succeeded in terrifying the mods and having every single thread about them closed.
I have to laugh at accusations of intolerance "on both sides":mThere is no "both sides" and there are no moderate posters re those two cunts. You either tow the party line with the freaks that the harkles shit smells of roses or the mods bin you.
I was officially warned for saying hazza looked ill in zoom calls. That was it, one sentence, and I got piled on by the mad harkelites and reported. I got a warning and the post pulled, but the posts calling me "rabid", "racist" (I kid you not. Re the very white ginger cunt), "obsessed" and a fruit cake for saying the cunt looked ill were left on the board.:ROFLMAO:
Make no mistake, it is not about fairness. You either post positive stuff about the harkles (and trans issues) or you are in trouble.
They're like screaming toddlers in the sweetie aisle, hyped up fanboys and fangirls

• Wow
  • Sick

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Prince Edward tribute

"Chris Ship on Twitter: "A touching tribute today from the future Duke of Edinburgh, to his father, the last Duke of Edinburgh Edward said: “He was a man that once met, never forgotten. Prince Philip’s son pledged to lead the @DofE and continue his father’s legacy in changing the lives of young people. https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter"

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Threads on any topic that was remotely controversial on DS got shut down as soon as there was any conflict. The other problem was posters there were absolutely intolerant of anybody who took the middle ground on anything. You had to be 100% for or against a topic. This forum seems much better.
On this forum you can make a point and move on. Others will like your post or ignore but although we can discuss the Harkles it's not acceptable to yell 'prove it' or call other posters 'idiots/haters' which is why I like it here.

It's also better that those who don't like them can discuss on this thread and those that do can go to the other thread. Therefore we aren't all in conflict the entire time.

Anyway the idea that Doria has rushed to Meghan's side to comfort her about Prince Philip is garbage, fucking lying drama queen.

I liked my father in law and knew him for many years but I didn't need anyone flying in to comfort me when he died, because I was actually busy comforting my husband!

• Heart

peradetlic

VIP Member
Quora is priceles :m

The question:

Answers:

0, none, zilch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I bring a humble offering from Australian breakfast TV. I get the feeling a certain couple aren't their favourites (see the last little bit of the clip) 😂

I go to sleep early and I wake up to 30 odd pages to catch up on and a new thread? I look forward to catching up :geek:

• Haha
  • Heart

AudreyAnn

VIP Member
I never thought they'd do this but Brenda had better stand firm and not let these twats back in. Personally I think it would destroy the goodwill and support the RF have

Also how exhausting is all her pr. Someone's death should not be about you.
Is it just me who thinks they want to get back into the RF ? There schemes haven't worked, they want their kids to have titles and they want the children in the line of succession. They tried to blackmail/veiled threats, the nasty interview to see if they could get some leverage and start a negotiation with the RF and all this has failed. They are very vulnerable and now realise how good it could have been if they'd stayed put.

Dear God, I hope neither of them ever comes back. Please do not let them back in RF... Forgive if you must but NEVER Forget what the bastards did .

• Heart

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
It is interesting to see how much public opinion towards Harry and Meghan has shifted, since the fallout from the interview with Oprah!

And interesting to see the comments from so many new posters! Its also interesting to have been someone who has been fascinated by these threads for months... to have seen so many of the previous comments and also to have seen so many of the original caustic and highly critical comments about Harry and Meghan coming true!!

And there are elements of these, that make it tricky to respond at times!

like the whole thing about the moonbump.....and the confusion over the birth of Archie! I have no idea what exactly happened here, but there is something odd, and if its connected to Meghan and Harry, probably something extremely dodgy about this! It might be IVF, but.. it might be frustrated merchandising opportunities...but there is something......nasty .....being covered up! Why was nothing known about when and where Archie was born and who delivered him?

Meghan isn't a remotely nice person, nor is Harry. Meghan has been proven to be........extremely selfish and manipulative....in almost everything she does.. Meeting Harry, 2 timing Harry with Cory,
Setting up Thomas, her own dad, both with the set up pap pics, and with the letter she sent him,
attacking the press, on numerous occasions, doing her south africa documentary, selling herself out as an elephant voice over, selling her friends jewellery despite being repeatedly advised it was against the proceedures of the RF,
losing female staff regularly, being rude and unkind to staff, even throwing hot tea all over them!
doing her Oprah interview, using sunshine sacks and her own American PR company from the minute she met Harry, to promote herself and her own self interests, often in direct conflict with the Press office of the RF.
the list goes on and on.....

• Heart

Twocats

I’m thinking that Meghan is seeing the fallout from her little acts of cutting the family out. No photos of her with Prince Philip to back up their supposed ‘closeness’, no photos of the Queen holding Archie, or Archie with his cousins. All her little games mean that there will be no photos of her children as part of the RF. In that photo after the birth the Queen looks like she really wants to hold Archie, she is looking at her newest great grandchild with such love and Prince Philip looks pretty chuffed too. I think that she is probably feeling pretty enraged, and she is entirely responsible.

• Heart

Cassandra333

VIP Member
I think Megain deliberately targeted Harry. And Harry was too stupid to notice, too arrogant to listen to his family and friends and all to ready to marry in haste. He never looks happy and I don't think he is happy but he's too proud to admit the mistake. Eventually he'll get over that pride.

There's an endless list of mistakes that Megain has made but perhaps the biggest one was to think the RF were celebrities. Didn't she say in the interview that she grew up around celebrities? The RF may be celebrated but they're not celebrities. They're public servants and they are all well aware of that. They don't live a celebrity lifestyle, they live a life of public service. Megain didn't know that there was a difference.

I'm convinced that she's a malignant narcissist and she will NEVER admit being in the wrong. She will always be the misunderstood victim, the caring heart, the only one who truly understands 'service' (and that word begins with 'self') It will always be someone elses fault. Someone elses negativity and someone elses cruelty. How long before she turns on Harry?

She can never return to the RF. No one can trust her, not the RF themselves, not the citizens of the UK. She should stay where she is and hope that the money keeps coming in. I honestly can't see Diana's money lasting that long.

• Heart

Stargazerlily

I wont be happy if they let those two back into the RF and I think it will do them damage if they let them. They made their decision to leave and to my mind they shouldnt be allowed back. I certainly dont want taxpayers money supporting them after what they have done to the Royal Family and making the UK look like racists.

Their titles should be taken away at the very least.
I agree. I really cannot accept that this is purely a family matter any more. Harry and Meghan have insulted and undermined not only the Royal Family but also the people of the UK and Commonwealth and the values that define us. The views of the British people, many of whom do not accept that the nasty pair are fit to represent our monarchy in any capacity or trust them as far as we could throw them, must be taken into account. If we are ignored, I believe the repercussions will be very damaging indeed.

• Heart

MillicentMargaret

The royal family were always well aware of SSS with Harry and Andrew for that matter. There used to be a lot of articles about it when he was growing up and being caught smoking weed and the Nazi uniform etc.

When Harry *seemed* to be doing well in the army there was talk that PC would be happy if Harry decided to become a career officer and not a full time working royal. Of course that went out when he pitched a fit about having to do a desk job.

Harry was given opportunities to make his own mark and he and Meghan were given a lot of prestigious patronages and jobs that ensured that though they weren't equal to William and Kate, that they would have their own sphere and they weren't exactly relegated to opening primary school sports halls in Grimsby.

But that wasn't enough for them and couldn't mask the fact that he was never going to get the top job unless something tragic happened to his brother's family. And he wouldn't have wanted it anyway - something he made clear before he met Meghan. He just wanted, as he still does, all the perks of senior royalty combined with being able to do whatever he wants. It's not like he's the only one in the family that has had to deal with that. Almost all of them have and they've managed to do meaningful work and personal lives without "having" to tell the world "their truth".

Meghan just seemed to think she was going to be her idol Diana and didn't realise that she was the Fergie in that situation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

NineTails20

Chatty Member
Found this while having a look around on YouTube. What a dashing, handsome and funny man Prince Philip was.

• Heart
  • Haha

the musician

Chatty Member
Meghan being American is not why this happened. There are many Americans who understand the way the monarchy and aristocracy works, and many millions of others who respect the institution enough to have sought to understand it had they found themselves in her position. It’s her favorite cop out to say it’s all because she was a poor uninformed American and I really don’t understand how that’s just accepted. There are many factors to Meghan that made it a bad fit, very few of them are exclusive to Americans.
Yeah I agree. She also complained about there not being any classes on "how to be royal". Does she realise that at least half of that is solved by having basic good manners, like not getting into a car before HMTQ, and the rest by having an actual willingness to learn rather than trying to change everything to her preference.

• Heart
  • Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
At least the uniform debacle has shown us that Harry has no intention of showing contrition, he’s beyond loathsome.

He’ll be on the first available flight back and good riddance to him.

• Haha

vretch

VIP Member
Which is exactly why I think Harry will end up like the late Duke of Windsor after giving up the throne to marry Wallis Simpson. He allegedly spent the rest of his life regretting his estrangement from his family, virtual exile from his country and loss of his involvement in royal duties and events. I don’t doubt Harry loves Meghan but the magnitude of what he has lost and abandoned as a result of his marriage must put a strain on the relationship.
And it was all so bloody unnecessary. Before that fucking awful interview there still was a chance to mend fences and still stay in the loop somewhat. But they couldn’t see beyond their own self importance and selfishness. They had to try and blackmail the RF into getting what they wanted. They thought it would work, everyone would feel sorry for them and the RF would have to give them what they wanted. Big mistake. Whose laughing now dipshits.

• Haha

monicalewinsky

You know what really pissed me off? When she said in the interview about Kate being called 'wait Katie' what a shitty, underhanded little dig. You Meghan, wish you had 1% of the class our beautiful Duchess of Cambridge has.
It also shows that she did her research too because the nickname hasn’t been used in years.

“I didn’t know anything” my ass.

• Heart
  • Angry

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
I'm still catching up, but after seeing that wonderful photo of HM, PP with all of their great grandchildren that Catherine took, reminded me of Harry's words.

"We will be the family she never had".

While his sentiments were heartfelt and true, little did he know that she wasn't remotely interested in being part of his family at all but managed to fool him into thinking he was a safe place to land.

Oh Harry...you were played big time 😔

• Sad
  • Heart