Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DreamDolly

VIP Member
I hardly ever post on this thread, but I did see that someone had posted about Princess Alice (PP mother) and had called her an “embarrassment” amongst other things.
@freda19 then made a brilliant post in Princess Alice’s defence, and listed some of the brave things she had done in her life. I didn’t know that much about her before PP passing, so when a mini documentary about her popped up, I decided to watch it, and she really did have a terrible time, her own mother for instance had her placed in an asylum, and this was because she was profoundly deaf. The poor woman tried to escape, and was basically told that she had no say in her own life, and was forced to have awful procedures, in order to “cure” her. Of course Phillip was too young to help his mother, but he loved her dearly.
This is the mini documentary that I watched, I think it might be quite interesting to anyone interested in this wonderful and misunderstood woman..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Spot on with your point saying she plays with the fact that Kate can't or won't respond.
Didn't she was once throwing tantrums at her own Dad when he was giving these kind of tell-all interviews talking what a bullshit daughter she was? and now she is doing to exact thing to Kate and the whole royal family. Gobshiteing and 'telling her side of the story'.
How bad the bitch thought her father was hurting her is how bad her husband's family is feeling now.

Say what you want about his father, but apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Exactly! I'm probably a bit too much hung up on this particular bit than I should be, but I'm furious that Kate was thrown under the bus like this. As for the constant media reports that PP funeral gives William and Harry the chance to make amends, why the hell should William forgive their behaviour to his wife!?

• Angry
Reactions: 47

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
If anyone was in any lingering doubt over the pure petulance of limpet Harry then the uniform seals the deal.
No respect for his dying grandfather in life and none on death either.
Andrew was rightly forced to walk away, Harry did so of his own volition. What did he think he’d be wearing to events?
Absolute arsehole.

• Heart

SamBamford

My opinion on this is that Meghan has seen the magnitude of publicity regarding the death of PP. She can now imagine what scale it will be when the Queen goes and wants to be a part of that. The lies she could spout on how close she was the the Queen, how the Queen depended on her etc. Crikey, there would be no end to it. And when William gets the PoW title she will see it only fair the she and H get another title. By saying she forgives them and wants to move on, she wants the investigation of racism, bullying behaviour to be stopped because, SHE forgives them and if you want H back he comes as a package. Quite how she will deal with the cushion children is another matter for her little head to deal with but she will. She has told feeble lies before to suit and will again.

• Haha
  • Heart

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
I haven’t seen anyone “piling on” posters re H&M on DS. Not saying it hasn’t happened but, despite what you seem to think, I have not been “super supportive” and didn’t post about them that often and my posts were generally about the fact that I thought they were handling their PR disastrously. I also felt Piers Morgan was letting his personal issue with Meghan lead him to sounding like he was bizarrely obsessed with her.

If people want to believe Archie is a doll they are entitled to and I’m entitled to say I find that ridiculous. If they want to call me a Sugar Nut, that’s fine with me.

To be honest I find the whole adversarial nature of the H&M issue silly with people calling each other names and getting enraged about people none of us know.

You seem to have a particular issue with me. I honestly don’t know why. Maybe we clashed on DS or something. I don’t know because I don’t know who you are as you must have had a different name on there. Anyway yes, let’s agree to disagree.I have no desire to enter into a personal spat with anyone and I’m not going to. I’m just here to contribute to discussions I find interesting. I don’t expect people to always agree with me but neither will I be pressurised into not saying what I think because some people might not like it. Discussion isn’t about everyone agreeing with each other.
Re. your comment about Piers "letting his personal issues with Meghan lead to him sounding like he was bizzarely obsessed with her", he was right that Meg and Harry lied their way through the Oprah interview to smear the RF. Piers did well to expose them and call them out.
Should he have kept quiet and let Alex Beresford etc. shut down all criticism of the Markles on the grounds that Meg is a WOC, like the rest of them in the TV studio wanted?
I was just curious that you picked up on the (to me) unimportant point about Piers's personal issue with Meghan, given that his "obsession" revealed the truth and we should all be glad that it did.
I'm a tinfoil hatter. There are many who think Archie is real and that's fine as we agree to differ.
If you've been posting on Megbot sites that "they've handled their PR disastrously" I'm surprised you're in one piece as they are vicious. You're either a slave or dead.
The nature of this thread is "adversarial" because an institution important to the majority of Britons is being attacked, and yes we do get enraged but it's nearly always good-humoured here + a great source of information. I've not seen anyone discouraged from posting their views whether people agree with them or not. There have briefly been a few sugars but they go away.

• Heart

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
Interesting bit of (probably cold) tea. This chap is deffo team Queen looking at his other tweets.
Haha! I thought he was at Frogmore? This guy is team Queen.... and I am loving his shit-stirring :) even if it isn't true, look for the mushroom cloud over Montecito

• Haha

the musician

Chatty Member
I don’t think he keeps making it personal....he keeps having to defend himself from people claiming he’s “obsessed/pissed off she wouldn’t sleep with him/pissed off not to get invited to the wedding” etc.

He’s been clear....she befriended him, smarmed up to him and then ghosted him when he was of no further use to her, just like she has with so many others. He’s simply pointed out the pattern & what it says about her character.
I don't get why people think that he wanted to sleep with her when he's happily married with kids. He said he was a fan of Suits and it was like him meeting another celebrity (yet she was much less famous than him).

Piers was right about her though. She's fallen out with 2 families, so it says way more about her than it does about anyone else.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Baguette

VIP Member
What gets overlooked in all this mess today is Prince William's military service, which began at Sandhurst in 2006.

William was deployed to the Falkland Islands for a six-week tour with No. 1564 Flight from February to March 2012.[52][53] The Argentine government condemned the Duke's deployment to the islands close to the 30th anniversary of the beginning of the Falklands War as a "provocative act".[54][55] In June 2012, Prince William gained a qualification to be captain or pilot in command of a Sea King rather than a co-pilot.[56] His active service as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot ended in September 2013

William's RAF rank was Flight Lieutenant, the equivalent of Captain in the Army. Same rank as his brother. He then worked as a civilian pilot for the East Anglia Air Ambulance until 2017.

The Harkle narrative erases all this and paints Hazza as the only Royal with military service, a myth repeated in the Mail today. That's the reason why William and Charles should have worn their uniforms.

• Heart

DarnIt

VIP Member
I think Carole Middleton's March 4th announcement that she was halting all PR (including the photoshoot for a Good Housekeeping spread that was planned out of respect for an ailing PP (it was early days of his hospital stay and before the interview)) set the stage for the horrific optics of H&M going ahead with the interview and while PP was still alive, that wasn't clear to them (although clear to everyone else on the planet... especially with the defiant PR statements of "nothing will stop us" which later was replaced with "if he had passed we would have postponed the airing of the interview " which has been changed yet again). They are the king and kween of revisionist history.
Burberry has announced that they are postponing their digital runway show ( that I think was scheduled for the 14th) out of respect for PP and RF.
What pap call do we think she is planning:
1) JFKjr Farchie cosplay in front of a home made PP altar?
2) a visit to the LA british consulate with a bouquet of flowers from her garden (please have the dude at the door shut the door in her face after refusing the flowers and refusing entry)
3) a visit to the local Episcopalian church to do a cosplay AoC ceremony?
I forget about CaroleM’s statement - good catch.
A neat example of doing the ‘right thing’.
Extended family pulling together rather than lobbing insults & unsubstantiated allegations at your own family from afar.

• Heart

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
Has anyone noticed that the press are referring to her only as Meghan Markle , not Meghan The Duchess of Sussex? The titles are not being used by UK press at least. Also, all the PR going out about suits and uniforms, Meghan is desperate that H doesn't look like he's "out" of RF by not having a colourful uniform as this could affect his selling his status to the silicon start ups and other woke companions mad enough to employ him. All in all, I think things have gone down the pan for them really fast what with the back peddling of the Orca carnage.

I also think that once the "stork" has delivered the baby, give it a few weeks and the press will have a field day with all the stuff being help back in respect for PP and HMTQ during this time, AND we have the ANL appeal coming down the line, also on hold I presume. AND the palace staff bullying saga which hasn't even got started yet! I think with all this to come, MM thinks its better to be in the RF, OH MY bucks up folks , it just keeps on giving doesn't it?

ETA The Piers legal battle that she's rumbling about. Oh! how busy she is.
Plus, we have Diana’s statue unveiling to look forward to on 1 July. Will Hazza come back for that? Seeing as the new baby is being delivered around that time, they might have the perfect excuse not to bother. Smeggy definitely won’t show up, that is a cert.

Isn’t it funny how things can change so dramatically over a couple of weeks? Immediately after the Oprah Whinefest, many of us were feeling outraged and worried that the whole world was going to turn on the U.K. and the RF for being heartless racists. Slowly, each of the lies and bold accusations have been debunked and the tables have been turned. The gruesome twosome are no longer seen as brave heroes for speaking out. They are now being viewed as pathetic liars. Since the passing of Prince Philp, their reputations have gone further down the pan, especially since we now know that they did that Oprah interview knowing that P P was on his deathbed.

I hope the pair of them are kicking themselves right now and realising what a pig‘s ear they have made of Finding Freedom! I just hope that, after the baby has been delivered, the press start releasing all the juicy stuff we have been talking about on here for ages. Can you imagine what these threads will be like if / when the moon bump saga is revealed? 😮😮😮😮😮 It will be glorious!

• Heart
  • Haha

Amelia99

VIP Member
I'm annoyed too about the uniform issue. Especially as PW and PC have earned the right to wear them, and PP was a military man. And it wouldn't have just been H and Andrew in suits, surely Edward would also
I don’t think it bothers Edward. He’s worn suits before at events where the others have been in military uniform. He and Sophie seem to be pretty low maintenance and happy to be out of the limelight.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Sasa44

Chatty Member
There's also the story of the cracked pot. Sometimes a crack in something is not a bad thing and can lead to something beautiful in the future.

An elderly Chinese woman completed a daily trek to the stream past her home and back to supply her family with fresh water. In order to do this, she fashioned a heavy pot on each end of a long pole, which she carried across her shoulders.
One of the pots was in perfect condition and always delivered a full portion of water. The other had a deep crack in it, causing water to leak out. At the end of the long walk, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
This situation occurred daily for two years, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.
After two years of what it had perceived to be bitter failure, the cracked pot spoke to the woman by the stream. “I am ashamed,” it said. “This crack in my side causes water to leak out. You work so hard and yet have little water once you return home.”
The old woman smiled and replied, “Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path? I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path. Every day, while we walked back home, you watered those seeds and helped them to grow. For two years, I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table and give to neighbors. Without you being just the way you are, there would not have been this special beauty to grace our homes and lives.”

🌱🌿🌾💐🌷🌹🥀🌺🌸🌼🌻🌱🍀🍃🌹💐
Beautiful but Me-again is just crackpot.

• Haha

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I absolutely adore that picture. Even though people bang on about poor George,Charlotte and Louis never knowing their doll cousins, it shows they're not the ones missing out as there's a lovely close bond with all the family except the ones who wanted to separate themselves. I also love the graze on George's knee. Shows that despite his daunting future, he's being brought up as a normal little boy who's encouraged to get up to mischief. Didn't I read somewhere that Merkin claimed she didn't want Farchie to mix with the Cambridge children as they were being brought up feral? As if!!!!

• Heart
  • Wow

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
No it’s not just you. I fully believe it also. All of these pathetic backtracking bs puff pr pieces can only mean that to me anyway.
Whilst I think they clearly want in on a global event and Harry may have his own private regrets, he’s married a runaway train. She has seen inside the RF, seen that it’s more drizzle and aching cheeks and boring conversations than tiaras, celebrities and champagne. For her, Hollyweird has been a lifelong dream. I don’t believe she’ll ever give that up. Even though they’ve ballsed up everything they’ve touched so far, I don’t believe there will be any requests to return from them, and the RF would be giving a flat no even if they did.

Maybe in 20 years time, after the divorce is old old news and Harry has done penance working with elephants in Botswana for 15 years, maybe he’ll be allowed to creep back. Her, not in a bleeding lifetime!

• Heart
  • Haha

wisebutwild

VIP Member
Been catching up and a previous post, which I can't find now, said they hoped PC didn't give in to them and welcome them back. I see PC as the weakest link in the RF but notice his sidekick Camilla has been very quiet throughout all this. She suffered terrible press for a long time but managed to hold her head high and now I admire her for her duty to PC and the queen. She is a strong woman and if PC starts to waiver I am sure she will quickly sort him out. Remember her comment when the press asked if she would miss MM and PH she replied with one word - "Course" - probably what she thought about MM! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
I think that labelling people in derogatory ways detracts from constructive discussions about their behaviour. It fuels the contention that they have been the subject of discrimination.

My personal take on Meghan- she met a guy who is known to be charming and decided he was definitely worth hanging on to. I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know who his family was or what being a member of the royal family would mean for her in terms of personal gain. It’s like meeting the good looking, rich professional- the one your parents want you to bring home- Harry was that on steroids. But unlike a celebrity union, where she could jump on noble causes and save the world à la Diana... she was not marrying the heir to the throne. And I don’t think she fully realised the constraints of her role as a person who would always come below William and Kate. She would not be allowed to cherry pick her causes and she would have to play by the rules.

When that didn’t work- they decided they’d make up their own rules. But I don’t think they checked or at least confirmed what they would be allowed to do as Duke and Duchess in commercial enterprises. As someone just mentioned- they rolled the dice and came up short. Now they are abroad, Covid has hit and no one (not even Canada or Donald) will pay for their security. They have to take what they are given and that’s Netflix and Spotify and whatever other Multinationals who want to pay for an inspirational talk. To be successful in this- they need to become relevant and now that they are not royal in a professional way, they have to become celebrities. So they did the interview. What card (the only card really) does Meghan have left- race. Instead of biding her time until Charles was King and playing by the rules, they went for the jugular- “people were racist about my child”. And the only people that believed them were celebrities of no consequence and some people of colour who were just glad (from my own personal conversations) to see someone talking about institutional racism. The problem- I cry bullshit.

I do think that Harry would have been an awful fool to lie completely- I do think someone may have said “oh what will the kids look like” or even “are you ready for the potential racism the child will face if dark”, but from conversations with my own in-laws, it’s usually meant with curiosity or even concern. I actually don’t think Harry knew she was going to bring that up and I would love to see an unedited copy of the interview. If the duke hadn’t gotten sick, I actually think that the allegations could have gained more traction, but alas- the Queen Mother and her funny jokes. The false statements were picked apart and the unsubstantiated allegations were called just that- unsubstantiated. And fair play to William- “we are very much not a racist family.”

Meghan didn’t come because she’s pregnant and not welcome. It’s both. This week is meant to be about the duke and not two children who threw their toys out of the pram and didn’t get their way. Now she’s back peddling but it’s probably too little too late.
I agree with some of your post, however allegedly Meghan was going to be allowed to choose her own causes, the RF bent over backwards to accomodate her, they even suggested she continue working. The real issue was that she wasn't allowed to monetise her position and she was always going to play second or third fiddle, once she realised that she was off.

• Heart
  • Haha

Zippy2000

VIP Member
Now, without wishing to be mean about a child, I see the signs (along with another thing where she was messing about, I think on the balcony at BP?) of a spare used to getting their own way and dicking about already. Compare with George, upright and smiling at the camera (doing what he "should" as a future monarch). Hopefully she won't turn out like Andrew and Harry, but you never know, although I'd expect William and Catherine to have her turn out right.
I really think you are reading too much in it , Charlotte has a very out going personality and I very much doubt she is she is acting like a spoilt child , She is a kid being a kid as is George , He is quite shy but I think he will grow out of it eventully , Maybe Kate & Will are letting thier kids actully be kids

• Heart

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Which admiral does Andrew want to go to the funeral as? James T Kirk?

Someone should tell him and Harry that it's not fancy dress.

• Haha