Harry and Meghan #359 Waaargh - what is it good for? Absolutely nothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the rumble of a chinook flying overhead 💜 I was fairly close to RAF Odiham and the chinooks were regularly flying over our camp, those were the days 😁
Mr SummerChild was posted there for a couple of years back in the 90s. We lived in married quarters near the Gurkha camp.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The only time I've been on a horse was 50 years ago and I was being trained by a seven year old on a very small horse 😂. I was a complete scaredicat, glad when it was all over. 🥴
As you can see by my profile photo I'm one of those pony mad girls who never grew out of it! 🐴🐴🐴
Maybe, if I had had a pony as a child I wouldn't still be horse crazy as an adult 😆😆😆 (I have 2 🐴 but if I could afford it I'd have 50 🐎)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They (and Blackhawks) fly over my house pretty much every day Mon -Fri. I’m glad you like them, but I’m kind of over it. One day I may just flash them my 58 year old boobies!! 😆
Is a bit like that around here with Spitfires, they do many experience flights at £££££’s and I must admit that I’m getting a bit blasé over the sound of a Merlin.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Mr SummerChild was posted there for a couple of years back in the 90s. We lived in married quarters near the Gurkha camp.
the Gurkhas have a special place in my heart. They taught me to March and played me on and saw me off the square when I qualified. I love them x
---
As you can see by my profile photo I'm one of those pony mad girls who never grew out of it! 🐴🐴🐴
Maybe, if I had had a pony as a child I wouldn't still be horse crazy as an adult 😆😆😆 (I have 2 🐴 but if I could afford it I'd have 50 🐎)
I’m wracking up more than I should - there’s a rescue called brown bread and it tugs my heart too much!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Is a bit like that around here with Spitfires, they do many experience flights at £££££’s and I must admit that I’m getting a bit blasé over the sound of a Merlin.
Funnily enough I now have spitfires flying over on the regular!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just been watching TTC highlights on BBC2, the Lancaster bomber was briefly shown and I’ve come over all emotional, which is really not like me at all.

It brought back happy memories, tinged with a little guilt, of my dad, who was a wireless operator on Lancasters in the war. He and his crew did fly other planes, but the Lancaster held a special place in his heart.

As a family we used to go to a lot of air displays back in the 60’s and 70’s, particularly Church Fenton and Finningley which were the closest to us. Walking round various airfields looking at the static displays in the hangers, (there were intervals between planes flying overhead), dad would get chatting to the serving airmen about his time flying Lancasters and other bombers in the war. Being very young I used to get terribly bored and VERY embarrassed, as we’d be surrounded by airmen firing questions at him and wanting to chat endlessly. This happened at every single event we went to, and it got to the point where I refused to go to any more air displays, and so I’d stay at home with my grandparents. I know dad’s feelings were hurt by this, but in my defence I was 7 or 8 at the time when I made the selfish decision not to take part in these outings that gave dad so much pleasure.

Today, watching the Lancaster taking part in the fly-past, I feel dreadful about spoiling his little moments in the spotlight, and wish I could go back in time and change my attitude.

To keep on topic, I do hope Harry and Meghan are, at some point in the future, eaten up with guilt at the despicable way they’ve very publicly treated members of their families. Can’t see it ever happening to be honest as they are so self absorbed, selfish and utterly oblivious to anyone’s feelings except their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Lady C

Lazy grifters? The Harkles' Spotify contract hinged upon success and productivity targets. Spotify were disenchanted with Smeg. She was difficult to work with, workshy, not amenable to suggestions and her content was lacking. Smeg has nothing to offer but optimises and maximises the few slim assets she has. Why she was never a star - not good enough. Archetypes was a failure despite the attempt to spin otherwise.

Haz's depression deepening as a result of divorce? Fears for Haz's mental state but the reality is that you can't rescue someone who doesn't want to be rescued and is not amenable to reason.

Catherine & Middletons? Rumour that Catherine has stolen royal jewels to pay parents' 2.5 million debts - ludicrous. The Middletons are professional and successful but have suffered along with many others through the economic consequences of lockdowns.

TRF website removal? The Harkles have no place on it but are still being flaunted. An ill-judged inclusion that serves no higher purpose. Would give the message that they are not representative members of TRF anymore if they are removed.

I usually enjoy reading what Lady C has to offer, but she's gone too far in her saying that Catherine may have stolen stuff for the Middletons. I'm not very happy with this allegation which has gone too far. Gawd knows where the thought even came from.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
The one & only time I’ve been on a horse was a hot, sunny & humid day in TN, and I quickly realised that I didn’t have a clue - unfortunately the horse had also realised it. We came to a compromise, I got off and we both walked back - probably the best solution for both of us.
I was on a horse a few years ago on a trek.

Another horse, which was apparently my horse's boyfriend, attempted to demonstrate the depth of his undying love without regard to the fact that I was on her back. It took two people to dampen his ardour and drag him away.

Being the filling in a sexy-horse sammich is bliddy terrifying!

First and last time I've got onna horse.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
it's true, it's like they never existed.
which made me think: did Harry use to ride with the troops in the past?
------
eta:

he certainly has his uncle's awful character
Harry wasn’t a Colonel of one of the regiments involved in the parade so would have never been eligible to ride in the procession

Camilla and Catherine could both ride now if they wished (Duke of Kent too)

Reactions: 20
Found this. Watched it & encourage others to watch it, too. If you have zero belief in ANY of this, that’s fine, but even if ONE segment of this resonates with you, then good. It’s long, (2 hrs) but it definitely held my attention, and I can tell you some of it was eye opening/mind blowing. Again. You don’t have to believe any of it, but SO MUCH of it makes sense. There was a segment about half way in where a man was speaking (with subtitles) and broke down when explaining what he was requested to do. In short? This is about technology, power and who REALLY runs the world…
$21 TRILLION dollars missing, but most likely sunk into secret space programs. Let THAT sink in! Again. Watch this! (Sorry to post on my own post!)

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.