Harry and Meghan #354 When Dracula is less draining.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isnt quite the correct forum, but I don't really have very much sympathy for any of the claimants in the Mirror case.

Ive never been one to automatically believe any of the stories in the media, especially not the click bait ones. They almost always have some kind of catch all statement, like ''allegedly'' or '' this person thought or believed this''. This is also true of general gossip you hear in the street, or at the school gates. Maybe what is needed is a bit more understanding that what you hear or read is not automatically true!!! to teach people to be discriminating readers, who are able to notice false stories and distortions. This is especially important for all the questionable rubbish that seems to be released on social media!

If you want some kind of free press, and accountablity, you cant muzzle and refuse to let the press or media print stories. Or allow only some views to be printed and distributed!

This court case could be used to bankrupt the Mirror group. leaving very few papers or media outlets to counter act the prevailing views from the Murdoch media empire, a very dangerous precedent to follow in my opinon!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Today is potentially going to be interesting. Harry thinks he is clever, we know he is not. He has never had an antagonistic interview, only granted to people that will softball question or mock him without him realising. He has no idea what it will be like facing a barrister who is not friendly. He will try and do the rehearsed answers, get caught out and will possibly lose his temper and say a lot of really stupid things. Possibly perjury, possibly incriminate himself, possibly just guarantee the case is lost. It could also be hilarious if the court sketch artist is there.
JMO but Harry is probably going to try and grandstand about every single one of his grievances ever. 'Spare' reenacted in court.

But, whether he understands it or not, the case is purely about whether or not MGN obtained information via illegal methods, and to award compensation if it's found to be so. A civil case for damages.

It's not a libel case about the content of any articles.

It's not about the kind of symbiotic relationship the RF have with the press, and whether they brief the media.

It's not about whether William, or other RF members, chose to settle. Many people do, by choice or recommendation, and there's nothing shady about it. Although Hazza will try and make it seem so.

It's not about press reform. Leveson is done and dusted.

It's not about criminal charges. Those have been and gone. Whether Haz liked it or not, Rebekah Brooks was found Not Guilty in hers.

It's not about what happened to Mummy.

It's not about Smeg.

It's actually a narrow and specific brief about events from many years ago, not a 'dirty laundry' session about current events. Does Hazza realise that? Probably not.

The Judge will probably spend most of Hazza's testimony overruling or sustaining objections, and trying to keep things focused. I don't envy him.

BTW, seeing as the courts are His Majesty's Courts, if Haz starts slagging his dad off in there does that automatically mean he's in contempt of the court? :devilish:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Lovely they are in are they fuckers?😂
Dave is the smallest fluffiest cutest thing with oddly flexible legs whilst sleeping but can gut a mouse in the blink of an eye - think puss in boots a la shrek. Kevin’s got a good heart, plenty of timber and will do exactly what Dave tells him - they’re good!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Okay, my second toe is longer than my big toe, and I assure you I share no kinship with TW. I was always told it was a sign of high intelligence - it appears that may have been a lie. So, are all of the rest of you running around with stumpy second toes? I thought this was common, though TW’s feet are uncommonly ugly.
Proud stumpy here. Daughter has a very long second toe though. She has footballers’ feet and hates the way they look. They aren’t her best feature (she has a lovely face, but I guess I’m biased)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
All this talk of tea finally had to speak up about what my neck of the world (California) considers a proper way to drink tea
View attachment 2214547
That actually looks nice.
And I'm a builders tea kind of girl lol
---
Proud stumpy here. Daughter has a very long second toe though. She has footballers’ feet and hates the way they look. They aren’t her best feature (she has a lovely face, but I guess I’m biased)
My second toe is much longer than my big toe, and I have broad feet. 5 in length 6 in width lol
I don't like feet anyway but mine are a mishmash of girth, strange second toes, almost non existent little toenails🙈🤣 ..

I don't think I'll ever be required for a foot fetish site unless some weirdo is proper hardcore😬😳🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This isnt quite the correct forum, but I don't really have very much sympathy for any of the claimants in the Mirror case.

Ive never been one to automatically believe any of the stories in the media, especially not the click bait ones. They almost always have some kind of catch all statement, like ''allegedly'' or '' this person thought or believed this''. This is also true of general gossip you hear in the street, or at the school gates. Maybe what is needed is a bit more understanding that what you hear or read is not automatically true!!! to teach people to be discriminating readers, who are able to notice false stories and distortions. This is especially important for all the questionable rubbish that seems to be released on social media!

If you want some kind of free press, and accountablity, you cant muzzle and refuse to let the press or media print stories. Or allow only some views to be printed and distributed!

This court case could be used to bankrupt the Mirror group. leaving very few papers or media outlets to counter act the prevailing views from the Murdoch media empire, a very dangerous precedent to follow in my opinon!
You have to admire the irony of Mirror group, who report/ignore stories from the standpoint of a particular political view, being sued by someone who wants stories reported/ignored according to a particular view.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
For those not on Twitter, this has been doing the rounds the last few days, hilarious 😂
Better acting than Smeg 😉

---
Sorry, posted & see @Just_me1954 beat me to it 😂😂 great minds 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
What's this about divorce lawyers?

Can we say:

Harry and Meghan #355 The divorce lawyers have arrived. Can I come back daddy, I was groomed at 35?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
@Nuttynana, I have a very "special" recruit for your CAS squad.

Lets call him "Bob" for security reasons (and because that's his name). He doesn't have money, but what he does have is a very particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very long career, skills that make him a nightmare for people like Harold.

He is a fully trained member of the SAS (Special and Stupid). He has undergone kidnap training: snatched while relaxing at home, taken to a remote location and tortured by vets. Only yesterday, he was caught in an ambush and had to flee for his life when a small flying insect almost took his head off. No door can stop him (unless it's closed or pushed to and needs pulling to open) He has survived whole minutes with an empty food bowl.

In short, he's a dense fluffy killing machine to spiders and leaves... mice, birds, all insects especially butterflies, the postie and some especially aggressive leaves scare the living tit out of him.

😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
What's this about divorce lawyers?

Can we say:

Harry and Meghan #355 The divorce lawyers have arrived. Can I come back daddy, I was groomed at 35?
We should make a game of 'Can I come back daddy...'
Can I come back daddy...they wouldn't allow me to work with peasants.
Can I come back daddy...It was coercive control but then he noticed.

Etc etc. Have fun!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.