Harry and Meghan #113 threatening another lawsuit, the media needs to put them on mute

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The good thing about Kates response to the US journo that she haven't met Betty is that it outs the "gift sent by Cambridges" as lies.
The bad part, nobody noticed, and thanks to that comment every article about Kate, Jill, summit inserts the Betty name.
Sunshine Sachs is thrilled about a freebie.

Any good captions for this photograph - The merry wives of Windsor?
The Three Graces?
Merry wives of Windsor sounds funnier however.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
And I said to that ginger fucker that if I hear one more word from him I’ll cut his balls off with this knife and keep them in my handbag as a reminder you don’t duck with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The sad fact though is that the danger to children of Mrs.Obama’s ethnic background …the biggest risk of death… is not from police but from Black on Black crime. You don’t even need to read the statistics…just the Sunday papers from Chicago, Minneapolis, NYC…etc. Babies killed in cars, children shot sitting on doorsteps. Far away, from the tourist sections, those of us who live near these cities, know damn well where we warn our children not to go. And so does Mrs Obama,

In America,, we have spent trillions over decades on programs with no results and then in frustration, glamorized the ‘Gangsta lifestyle in music and dress.’ The problem is not from skin hue or race…but it cannot be discussed because it is considered racist. The problem is about poverty, 13yr old children having babies, high rises where children are left to run like Lord of the Flies and lousy schools. And lack of Family structure.

But now the Wokes say it’s white people’s fault, systemic racism, and violent cops. Just read one Sunday paper in Chicago and tell me how those lives could have been saved…when they aren’t shot by cops but by rival gangs?

The Obamas are very smart and they are meticulous mostly in walking a thin line. But their party has lunged into extreme Woke. I would not be surprised to see an Oprah, Markle, Michele event.
The Democrat party has not ”lunged into Woke“ any more than the Republicans have lunged into Fascist treason against the United States. The extremist ends of BOTH parties are ridiculous, and too stupid to even try to have any understanding of each other. I am a moderate Democrat and don’t appreciate those who constantly bash my party.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Harry was pandered to by the RF. He wasn't actually a 'senior' royal- thats the heirs and their wives. Technically Harry is on the same rank as Anne, Edward and Sophie as the sibling of a future monarch. The problem was he was young and popular and formed a double act with William and then later a trio with Kate. That made important events tricky. Take today in Cornwall meeting the Bidens. It's the senior 5 only, no Anne or Edward but Harry would have expected to be there. Same on the balcony at the last jubilee- why was Harry there but Anne and Edward weren't? Or the walk in at the Commonwealth ceremony. Harry and Meghan thought they should be on the same level as Will and Kate and that's just not how it works. The benefit of being the spare is that you have so much more freedom, can pick and choose what you do more but you're not needed at the big State events. Could you imagine if they'd stuck around and Meg never got an invite to a state banquet?! She would have screamed racism but if Harry had married a white British woman she wouldn't have got an invite either. I think the royals knew how popular he was back in his twenties and used it to their advantage, they just never expected him to marry the kind of woman he did who wanted all the status.
Exactly! This is what I don’t understand about Harry. One would think it would be a supreme relief to be the ‘spare’. You are Royal, with all that life has to offer and so much less of the responsibilities. It would be a major Win imo. Too short sighted to see how easier his life would/could be...but then perhaps that influence I suspect from the wife reared it’s ugly head.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
How well does Camilla look? That dress is so flattering, she looks younger there. And so carefree and not like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. None of them do. If you didn't know the duress they were suffering under, you wouldn't guess it to look at them. That must burn!!

Caption: I'm diana have a lilibet of this cake

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
A great one about Kate behind the scenes:
And it also explains that Royal work can be actual work, but it rarely gets enough credit, instead attention seekers like Diana and the Harkles get more media attention.
At least Diana did lots of actual work.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Exclusive: the ‘profoundly powerful’ moments that shaped Duchess of Cambridge’s children’s charity work
On the eve of a major announcement, The Telegraph has been granted exclusive access to those closest to the royal’s latest endeavour

ByCamilla Tominey, ASSOCIATE EDITOR11 June 2021 • 7:00pm

Duchess of Cambridge

The Duchess of Cambridge speaks with young children in Fife on a recent visit to Scotland CREDIT: Chris Jackson/AFP

It all started with secret visits the public never got to see. Newly married, and with the world’s press chronicling her every move – down to the details of her designer dresses – the Duchess of Cambridge resolved to go "below radar".

Acting as Prince William’s "plus one", rather than a fully fledged solo royal in those early days, the newest addition to the Royal family knew that she wanted to find a cause she could champion as impactfully as Diana, the Princess of Wales’s landmine campaign; it was simply a question of where to find it.

Having already announced her first patronage of Action on Addiction, a charity working with people with drug and alcohol problems, Hope House, a women-only rehabilitation centre in Clapham, south London, seemed as good a place as any to start.

It was October 2011 when the then 29-year-old Duchess paid the first of several, incognito visits in a bid to find out what had sent its clients on a downward spiral of self-destruction.

According to Rebecca Priestley, who accompanied the Duchess on the visit and would go on to spend five years as her private secretary, it played a pivotal role in her decision to put childhood at the heart of her philanthropic endeavours.

Speaking on the record for the first time, Mrs Priestley, who is now an executive coach, recalled: "I remember going up to Anglesey, where they were living after the wedding, to have a conversation with the Duchess about her royal life.

"At that point, she had the philanthropic world at her feet. She could have done anything she wanted in the charitable arena. Typically, she had put a lot of thought into it already. Addiction was an issue she was instinctively thinking about – but she was also genuinely interested in understanding what support was there and what role that played in the bigger picture of mainstream societal issues."

‘A sense of pre-destiny’

With the Duke having flown to the Falklands for a six–week tour of duty with his RAF search and rescue squadron, Mrs Priestley put a programme together to support the Duchess’s desire to "listen and learn".

"A lot of it was behind the scenes, just talking to people and hearing where it was that they needed more help. The one thing that united all of the women at Hope House was that the derailing had started so early on. They could trace the problems in their adult lives back to childhood."

A subsequent private visit in February 2012 to Clouds House, a treatment centre in East Knoyle in Wiltshire, served as further confirmation that the early years should be a key area of focus. But it was during a later meeting with female inmates at a detox unit at Send Prison in Woking when the penny well and truly dropped.

"It was a profoundly powerful moment,” recalled Mrs Priestley. "You go in there with this preconceived idea that these women have done things wrong, that it was their fault. Then one woman started speaking to the Duchess about her earliest memories of seeing needles on the floor of her home.

"She had always thought addiction was a misunderstood issue, but after this, she became concerned that there was a pre-destiny about those affected – an inevitability about it. These women were born into it and there was very little chance of escape."

The experience set in train a sequence of events that will next week culminate in the Duchess, 39, stepping up her ambition in driving awareness and action on the impact that early childhood can have on society at large.

She will launch a new initiative through the couple’s Royal Foundation to further explore the science around early childhood, raise awareness of the issue and foster collaboration and partnerships across relevant groups.

‘One of the great issues of our time’

According to Lord Hague, who became chairman of the Royal Foundation last September, the "ambitious" new project will be equal in stature to William’s £50 million Earthshot Prize, launched last year with Sir David Attenborough to find workable solutions to climate change and environmental problems.

"The Duchess truly believes this is one of the great issues of our time," said the former Tory leader. "This is the central plank of her work in the way conservation issues are for the Duke. It’s a hugely significant moment."

While politicians are often in a rush to make a difference during the comparatively short time they have in office, royals are there for life, which perhaps explains why Kate has taken 10 years to get to this point.

Having been instrumental in launching the Heads Together campaign with William and Prince Harry in 2016, designed at tackling the stigma and changing the conversation on mental health, it was not until 2018 that she convened a steering group of experts to look at how cross-sector collaboration could bring about lasting change.

In January, she delivered a landmark speech after her Five Big Questions on the Under Fives survey garnered over 500,000 responses.

Family

The Duchess of Cambridge, pictured with the Duke and their children, says people 'mistakenly believe my interest [in early childhood development] stems from having children of my own' CREDIT: Matt Porteous/PA

"People often ask why I care so passionately about the early years," the mother-of-three said.

"Many mistakenly believe that my interest stems from having children of my own. While of course I care hugely about their start in life, this ultimately sells the issue short. If we only expect people to take an interest in the early years when they have children, we are not only too late for them, we are underestimating the huge role others can play in shaping our most formative years, too."

Pointing out that the social cost of late intervention has been estimated to be over £17 billion a year, she added: "The early years are therefore not simply just about how we raise our children. They are in fact about how we raise the next generation of adults. They are about the society we will become."

Investing in early years ‘can transform society’

According to Eamon McCrory, Professor of Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology at University College London, the Duchess "has a vision of how she can help transform how we as a society view and invest in the early years for the benefit of society".

Describing her interest in "the role the brain shapes our early experiences and how that sets us on a path to adult life", he explained: "When you look at very young babies and infants, on the surface they don’t appear to be engaging in complex emotions so there's a tendency to underestimate the millions of synapses that are being formed every minute. But science is telling us we have to look under the bonnet.

"There’s no question that for the Duchess, this is a lifetime piece of work. The last five years laid the foundations, now we are entering a more proactive phase.” Described by one source as “thoughtful, professional and determined to do a good job,” there is a sense that Kate has never been in it for the early wins, but the long haul.

As one well-placed insider put it: "She took the job very seriously right from the very beginning. She continues to want to get it right and do her very best - for the institution, for William and the importance of the work she’s doing.

"She doesn't just want to rock up for a picture opportunity, which is why she used to get quite frustrated with all the early focus on what she was wearing. She really cares about this stuff."

Another source said she was "much more fun" than people give her credit for, pointing out how she has grown in confidence having found a cause that she is not only passionate about - but also well informed.

As Lord Hague put it: "She’s been reading the books and had trustees reading the books. People assume her interest in the early years is because she has children – actually it comes from all the adults she’s met." The other key influence has been Kate’s own idyllic childhood.

Brought up in leafy Bucklebury in West Berkshire by her entrepreneur parents Michael and Carole Middleton, pictured below with the royal family, the Duchess has never made any secret of how fortunate she has been to be brought up in a loving and supportive family.

Royals

CREDIT: Ian Gavan/Getty

"She always recognised that she benefited from such a great start in life," added Mrs Priestley.

"That’s why sport and the outdoors has always been a key theme for her. She was always asking how those sorts of experiences could be made accessible to others."

For Dame Benny Refson, president of the children’s mental health charity Place2Be, where the Duchess has been patron since 2013, Kate’s grounded upbringing has proved an asset.

“The Duchess listens and people feel heard and valued. It’s nothing to do with privilege. The groups she meets in challenging areas in London don't look at what she's wearing. What makes a difference is that an important person has shown a genuine interest in them. She can relate without passing judgement, which is so important."

Having started out as a reticent public speaker, the Duchess has finally found her voice – and next week she will have a lot more to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Not sure what Cromwell or Canadian coal mining has to do with the US government. I don’t think the suffering olympics is meaningful but the US redresses specific ethnic/racial groups all the time. For example money paid to Japanese Americans who were put in camps during WW2. Of course there are treaties with American Indian tribes. I have family from New Jersey. When NJ gradually ended slavery in 1805, slave owners were initially compensated for the loss of their property. It was bankrupting the state so the policy morphed into a different compensation scheme.

We should be talking about the immigration experiences of all sorts of ethnic and racial groups to the USA. No need to “play” any card.
I agree with your last sentence.

My point is that history is brutal. Do you want the UK to pay reparations to the Irish? Shall we study history of slavery and designate who owes what to whom/ Why be selective in showing empathy?

if we all wanted to swap our historical sufferings and outrages,there would be many stories to tell. The AA community in the US has received decades of attention and programming etc. Why limit to them? The fact that my great-grandparents could not get jobs in NYC..affected the wellbeing, health, lack of education for their children. The more history we read, the broader our empathy should be.
Easily, if your company isn't run by idiots who understaff and have issues recruiting or holding onto staff long term because they treat them like trash. You plan around it, recruit temporarily or move staff across duties etc. If you can't plan for the immediate future and treat staff like humans, you shouldn't be running a business.

The USA is woefully behind of affording worker's basic rights, like paid leave, and basic statutory maternity leave. Britain manages to still be in the G7 by affording women 6 months paid statutory leave and 6 further months if wanted. Most of the developed planet has managed to cope with affording maternity leave, including nations with a higher standard of living, better social safety nets and far less grotesque income disparity than the US. Japan, Germany, Finland, Hungary, Israel, France, Italy, Ireland, Czech Republic, Canada offer months of leave ... even many poorer countries manage it.

Note also many countries now offer paternal leave too to some extent or shared leave. Markle doesn't need leave because she has no employment, and Harry has such in-name-only employment he doesn't either but it doesn't change the fact that most working people need it and society benefits from not treating new parents like unwholesome lazy trash who are short changing their employers by throwing the baby at strangers and haring back to work within a week of birth.
Our opinions on these issues are often driven by our personal experiences. My older daughter is a breast-imaging radiologist. As a physician she runs the breast clinic at a regional hospital. They have a critical problem with staffing. My daughter is afforded 10 weeks vacation and has taken ONE week to date and the year is half over. She is very aware that women with possible breast cancers need to be seen and seen promptly. Im impressed by your statistics but I can’t imagine the impact on patients if 5 month maternity leaves were in place when they are understaffed now and can’t ‘call a temp.’

I utilize a small dry cleaner. The owner has two employees, one pregnant. His profit margin is razor thin. If he pays that employee a full salary, and has to do without her help… his business will suffer. He cannot afford one more helper to fill in. Five months just doesn’t work.

I understand that there are business and situations where leave time/full pay can be extended and if so, I’m fine with it. But there is a balance. People want to be sure there is a job to come back to. And very specialized fields have enough trouble hiring, to let crucial,services they offer fall behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I see Catherine is wearing a cream suit by Alexander McQueen and Carrie is in a Vampire's Wife dress (company owned by ex-model Susie Cave, wife of musician Nick Cave). Both representing British fashion and doing it rather well. See, Markle, that's what you should have been doing when you were here, and could have been doing it now if you hadn't tried to make the role all about you, yourself and what you could get out of it and thrown a flounce when challenged a bit.

She must be seething, given her known political ambitions. Could have greased up the the Bidens and top European and Asian leaders. Instead she's stuck in a tacky mansion in California, nicking old lady's names and having Omid Scabies tweet out stupidity and bitcheries on her behalf.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
"Remoulade Sauce on Twitter: "Inappropriate question for the Duchess of Cambridge. But she is the consummate diplomat and “peacekeeper”. 💙💙" / Twitter"

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh my gosh. Just saw this on twitter. How can people (aka the Sussexsquad) think this?
Part of the Royal Family rage about Lilibet is that they NEVER THOUGHT OF GIVING THEIR DAUGHTERS THE NAME. In fact, they probably thought the name was kitsch, something to make fun of.And now Harry in his precious way has made the name into a thoughtful, beautiful, classic thing.

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
BBC newswatch prog What’s in a name said:- (seems like points of view as they are reading out viewers comments)
Relationships between RF and BBC has often been a tricky one
mentions 3 wks ago PW and his ‘bruv responded to allegations about The Dyson report arounf Bahirs i/v with their mother
BBC still failing to commit to not ever showing any of the the Diana i/v every again
When they announced the name of the new baby - it was widely presumed they had first spoken TQ
Source close to the S said PWB had spoken to TQ and had mentioned the name
A Palace source said this was not the case - it was never asked about her childhood name Lilibet
within a few hours what the Palace source said was strongly rejected by The Sussex’s
Letters to news orgs. were sent from their legal team saying not to repeat - but it was repeated and Johnny Dymond went on to report the Sx’s side of the story too - PWB had spoke to TQ and if she had not agreed they would not have used the name - was a direct contradiction from both sides
tweets asked ‘who is fibbing?’ and ‘The anonymous source at the palace - is the problem here BBC are fuelling an anti Megain campaign’, ‘this is a family matter and tittle tattle’
BBC cannot comment due to legal reasons at this stage

it is just re telling what has happened - nothing new added 😤
I thought there was going to be a stern message that the BBC were standing by their source - so a non story I’m afraid 🙁
Well done you, taking one for the team though.

Your reward ... scoobie found out where the lady bought her stockings :eek:

No need to thank me, you're welcome.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
I can’t believe there is a PR company on earth who would not want their clients associated with G7 and Royal Family tonight , playing across every news channel …it’s a PR dream !

Tonight we spare a thought for Ken “Look at my giant veneers“ Sunshine . !!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.