Harry and Meghan #113 threatening another lawsuit, the media needs to put them on mute

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rewrite of the Bench

4. This is your desk

Where the critics cannot hurt you

And you can spend all day

Signalling your virtue.

This is the desk

For papa and son, when he gets older

Though not MY papa —

No, I gave him the cold shoulder.

Nor will I speak to my sister,

That viper, shark, panther:

You may talk of compassion but

Don’t mention Samantha.

Right here on my desk,

The place you’ll call home

With daddy and son

Where you’ll never be ’lone

Oh jeez, I can’t make ’lone

Rhyme with home.

My kiddy verse has unfurled

But at least as a proud mother, wife, feminist, Duchess and activist I remain determined to uplift and unite communities, spread compassion, attend premieres, dress smart/casual and tell our truth

To the world.
... ouch.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Not sure if this posted yet, a few pages behind. Like a dog chasing it's tail trying to keep up with these threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Not sure if this posted yet, a few pages behind. Like a dog chasing it's tail trying to keep up with these threads.
I get the feeling that Trudeau was obviously pissed off when he was told he was going to be in the second division of world leaders on the back row of the photo, so turned up looking like Laurence Llewellyn Bowen to have the last laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Here's a link to Nick Cave's newsletter content.

I do love the Vampire's Wife but Carrie doesn't carry anything off particularly well.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I accidentally dropped the one I was reading in WHSmith, the corners were a bit squashed. Bargain bin next week

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I get the feeling that Trudeau was obviously pissed off when he was told he was going to be in the second division of world leaders on the back row of the photo, so turned up looking like Laurence Llewellyn Bowen to have the last laugh.
He’s so obviously having some kind of midlife crisis ; the beard, growing hair long etc 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I can’t believe there is a PR company on earth who would not want their clients associated with G7 and Royal Family tonight , playing across every news channel …it’s a PR dream !

Tonight we spare a thought for Ken “Look at my giant veneers“ Sunshine . !!!!!!
For the love of God!
Spoiler alert next time , please.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I was a Democrat once. I was a Republican once. Havent much faith in either party now.

I was a bleeding heart liberal who believed the taxpayer money we sent to our troubled cities would actually help the people in need. Instead, many rich politicians of both parties….and still hellholes.

At this point we are still all entitled to our own views. For the moment…

But it is the Democrats who control FB, Twitter, etc…who are undermining freedom of speech….undermining debate. Our universities are run by Woke Dems and will hire only more Woke Democrats, and only Woke speakers are tolerated.

Freedom of speech is a big issue for me. i don’t know how one can say Dems aren’t woke…when everything they control pushes Woke dogma.
I give you credit for trying to reason with them. I just put them on ignore.

Reactions: 17
[/QUOTE
He’s so obviously having some kind of midlife crisis ; the beard, growing hair long etc 😹
We’ve been in endless lockdowns here in Ontario, still are. No hairdressers etc. Trudeau and the rest of the politicians are all going around looking like that, can’t be seen to be getting their hair cut when the rest of us aren’t allowed!

Reactions: 11
Easily, if your company isn't run by idiots who understaff and have issues recruiting or holding onto staff long term because they treat them like trash. You plan around it, recruit temporarily or move staff across duties etc. If you can't plan for the immediate future and treat staff like humans, you shouldn't be running a business.

The USA is woefully behind of affording worker's basic rights, like paid leave, and basic statutory maternity leave. Britain manages to still be in the G7 by affording women 6 months paid statutory leave and 6 further months if wanted. Most of the developed planet has managed to cope with affording maternity leave, including nations with a higher standard of living, better social safety nets and far less grotesque income disparity than the US. Japan, Germany, Finland, Hungary, Israel, France, Italy, Ireland, Czech Republic, Canada offer months of leave ... even many poorer countries manage it.

Note also many countries now offer paternal leave too to some extent or shared leave. Markle doesn't need leave because she has no employment, and Harry has such in-name-only employment he doesn't either but it doesn't change the fact that most working people need it and society benefits from not treating new parents like unwholesome lazy trash who are short changing their employers by throwing the baby at strangers and haring back to work within a week of birth.
it must be a bit of a nightmare place the USA to be an employee. A business owner with a few good ideas, much better. But the average waged worker gets a relatively poor deal and they have to commit a lot to work, to get on.

In a way this reflects American societies values as a whole though ; very money and live to work focused and a lot of focus on personal responsibility rather than expecting anyone else to help out very much - a rugged individualism and the mindset drummed in from an early age that this is the land of opportunity. you can be anything you want to be, success is widely lauded encouraged and celebrated, but if you find yourself on the scrap heap it’s probably mostly your own fault.

This thinking prevails across the political divide in the states, it’s culturally what America is.

To European eyes it seems very callous but Americans often don’t tend to see it in those terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ugh I apologize on behalf of 🇨🇦, to Mr. Bowen too

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.