Harry and Meghan #113 threatening another lawsuit, the media needs to put them on mute

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, another of those two legged sofas/chairs that the Harkles are so fond of!
Yes the sofa chair legs are missing. That looks like Jill Dando. Weird picture, quite creepy. Nobody does creepy like Smeg and No.6.
*note to self*
Hide the smeggy books behind a nice pile of whatever/something on my next tesco trip.
I can now confess that I used to shift copies of Tony Blair's book "A Journey" and distribute them among books on how to keep parrots, or garden pest control information etc.in WH Smith. Sometimes I made several trips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Our opinions on these issues are often driven by our personal experiences. My older daughter is a breast-imaging radiologist. As a physician she runs the breast clinic at a regional hospital. They have a critical problem with staffing. My daughter is afforded 10 weeks vacation and has taken ONE week to date and the year is half over. She is very aware that women with possible breast cancers need to be seen and seen promptly. Im impressed by your statistics but I can’t imagine the impact on patients if 5 month maternity leaves were in place when they are understaffed now and can’t ‘call a temp.’

I utilize a small dry cleaner. The owner has two employees, one pregnant. His profit margin is razor thin. If he pays that employee a full salary, and has to do without her help… his business will suffer. Hcannot afford one more helper to fill in. Five months just doesn’t work.

I understand that there are business and situations where leave time/full pay can be extended and if so, I’m fine with it. But there is a balance. People want to be sure there is a job to come back to. And very specialized fields have enough trouble hiring, to let crucial,services they offer fall behind.
The government actually pays all or most of the maternity leave salary at the assigned rate, in that the company pays the employee then claims it back from HMRC. They don't lose a salary while having to pay another. Here's how it works:

How employers can claim from HMRC for statutory maternity leave - CB (companybug.com)

As for hospitals, given the US health sector is built on profits before patients, they should be far better able to put together a package to attract talent than nationalised services, who even so manage to cover maternity leave. If the costs of living in the area are prohibitive, they need to put together better pay packages. I know what people pay for even basic medicine in the US and find it hard to believe hospitals that fleece patients for even a bar of soap or an elastoplast at several thousand percent above cost can't attract trained people if they actually want to. But perhaps it's easier for them to ruin an existing staff member's life/work balance and deny her earned leave instead of putting their hands in their pockets to get more staff. That is a tactic of greedy, bad bosses in general, overworking existing staff because they won't pay the rates to attract new staff. It always comes down to pay and conditions when there's a staff shortage. Health services in countries with maternity leave use locums or agency staff, recruit from abroad, whatever they need to do. If you pay appropriate rates, you won't have an issue. My GP had a female GP who took maternity leave four times before she retired early btw. It was covered by locums each time.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The Democrat party has not ”lunged into Woke“ any more than the Republicans have lunged into Fascist treason against the United States. The extremist ends of BOTH parties are ridiculous, and too stupid to even try to have any understanding of each other. I am a moderate Democrat and don’t appreciate those who constantly bash my party.
I was a Democrat once. I was a Republican once. Havent much faith in either party now.

I was a bleeding heart liberal who believed the taxpayer money we sent to our troubled cities would actually help the people in need. Instead, many rich politicians of both parties….and still hellholes.

At this point we are still all entitled to our own views. For the moment…

But it is the Democrats who control FB, Twitter, etc…who are undermining freedom of speech….undermining debate. Our universities are run by Woke Dems and will hire only more Woke Democrats, and only Woke speakers are tolerated.

Freedom of speech is a big issue for me. i don’t know how one can say Dems aren’t woke…when everything they control pushes Woke dogma.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Watching the news of the summit. Funny how all the world leaders were crowding round HMQ. Made me smile. She still got it. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I can’t believe there is a PR company on earth who would not want their clients associated with G7 and Royal Family tonight , playing across every news channel …it’s a PR dream !

Tonight we spare a thought for Ken “Look at my giant veneers“ Sunshine . !!!!!!
Not sunshine saks, they’re too busy reporting all the 1 Star amazon reviews

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I see Catherine is wearing a cream suit by Alexander McQueen and Carrie is in a Vampire's Wife dress (company owned by ex-model Susie Cave, wife of musician Nick Cave). Both representing British fashion and doing it rather well. See, Markle, that's what you should have been doing when you were here, and could have been doing it now if you hadn't tried to make the role all about you, yourself and what you could get out of it and thrown a flounce when challenged a bit.

She must be seething, given her known political ambitions. Could have greased up the the Bidens and top European and Asian leaders. Instead she's stuck in a tacky mansion in California, nicking old lady's names and having Omid Scabies tweet out stupidity and bitcheries on her behalf.
Off topic here, but Nick Cave Rocks! I didn't know his wife was the designer... When I lived in Bondi, I had the hots for him, my friend knew and thought she spotted him in the Bondi Hotel, called me and said"get ur ass down here, Nick Cave is in th Bondi Hotel, so I legged it down there, only to see Noah Taylor,geek from Tomb Raider Movie. Imagine my disappointment..... Well I guess they did sort of look similar back then. He used to have a beat up old car with AstroTurf on the bonnet with toy farmyard animals all over it.. NT not NC.

Aldi, Lidl and libel it.... :m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Kylie Minogue is a very close friend of the Cave's and wears a lot of Susie's dresses.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Off topic here, but Nick Cave Rocks! I didn't know his wife was the designer... When I lived in Bondi, I had the hots for him, my friend knew and thought she spotted him in the Bondi Hotel, called me and said"get ur ass down here, Nick Cave is in th Bondi Hotel, so I legged it down there, only to see Noah Taylor,geek from Tomb Raider Movie. Imagine my disappointment..... Well I guess they did sort of look similar back then. He used to have a beat up old car with AstroTurf on the bonnet with toy farmyard animals all over it.. NT not NC.

Aldi, Lidl and libel it.... :m
Haha, what a disappointment. I guess they do have the same-shaped head, hairline and hairstyle?

I've been a fan of Cave's music for 25 years myself. The Caves live in Hove, near Brighton, and you can apparently see Nick wandering or driving about from time to time there. Not that I live anywhere near there, and wouldn't know what to say or do if I came across him myself, but I do enjoy reading his responses on The Red Hand Files and intend to submit a question myself when I can come up with something Not Embarrassing that he may be inclined to answer!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
breaking news.JPG

BREAKING NEWS

Meghan has been diagnosed with M.E.

[Merchandise Everything.]

😂😂😬

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Now without sounding like a nutcase here's my opinion on eyes.
Never have cared about royals and their bf/gfs but the first pap shot I saw of H&M was their date and him in the "I'm just a regular bloke" beanie. I distinctly remember her eyes were sparkling (and chuffed to be papped) in those pictures. It's the ambitious look that I've noticed in other celebs eg Catherine zeta Jones, Julia Roberts, Emily blunt, Tom cruise (funnily slebs I don't like!). From a photo and from further footage of the eyes I pick up a possible mean/very determined person.
👀👀
Julia Roberts is so rude to the press and paraded around with a married man while taking pot shots at his wife, so I can't stand her. Tom Cruise is obviously "bonkers" to use 6's favorite phrase. I don't really know about CZJ, but what's wrong with Emily Blunt? I'm not a stan or anything, but I generally haven't really heard anything negative or in general about her.

Reactions: 17
I can't understand why Boris can't get a tailor. The good Lord knows it's not hard to find one in London. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.