Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

buflesse

Chatty Member
I find this post and the number of likes it has received quite bizarre.

I cant stand H&M but that doesnt make me a fan of the royal family either - although I have warmed to HM recently.

why would you wish someone who has died a happy birthday?
And why on earth would you call him Sir?

Unless I was at school or maybe in the military i cant think of anyone I would happily call Sir.
Sir is a respectful term, especially for a man like Prince Philip who has achieved so much. And you might find that someone calls you sir in a shop or restaurant.

Honestly this thread is not for people who dislike the RF and don't see the point in remembering an elderly man who served his country on his birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 107

JAdore

I saw them handing it over to her. It was very touching. Poor Queenie having to put up with all that rubbish coming from across the pond.
As an aside - the head of the Royal Horticultural Society is called Keith Weed. That is some top-quality nominative determinism there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105

Innocent Hamster

Chatty Member
I realised this morning that with the 'invitation to lunch' the BRF are playing another very astute card.

If 6 turns up, they can tell him in no uncertain terms what his future holds - win for the BRF

If he goes to the statue unveiling, but not the lunch, he looks like a coward scared of his little old granny - win for the BRF

If he doesn't come over and hides out in Cali, he also looks like a coward scared of his little old granny - win for the BRF

Even if he issues a video message, or manages a papshot similar to their Remembrance Day cemetary gaff, he still looks like a coward scared of his little old granny.

My admiration for the firm grows every day - they are the true Gamesmasters.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 102
She thought she could go in and change the RF to her own agenda. Didn’t work so she’s thrown her toys out the pram, turned her husband against them and moved her children away from their grandparents. She’s a sociopath.
She thought she could do to a foreign, 1000 year-old institution what she did to her dad, demand and demand and demand and basically get whatever she demanded because he was silly-soppy over her and spoiled her because she was the product of his second, do-over marriage to a younger woman. I feel sorry for her dad after what she did to him, but he clearly never told her no when young, and shored up her greedy egotistical personality as it is today, along with Dorito the common thief.

She further thought she could do what she's always done via the Hollywood casting couch and cock ladder and just trade up her men and offer sex for progression and money. Unfortunately the progression train stopped at the marriage station and went nowhere and because she thinks she's the star and doesn't understand either rank or culture, she shit her pants and has been shitting them in narcissistic, vengeful rage ever since.

Actual footage below:

She was wrong on both counts because she's ignorant to the bone and out of her depth when it comes to how both a foreign culture and institution works and egotistical enough to truly think she was amazing enough, with her cheap, shallow Hollywood shine, her fake her and teeth and sutured little nose, to be the star. When she realised she was never, ever going to be able to simper-shine-cocksuck-shout her way past the Queen and the courtiers and rules about titles set 100 years ago, she did what she does to everyone, her dad and her exes - severed the connection, with additional menaces.

She's at the end of the road now, though. Pretty much out of menaces (and played her trump card too early), and reduced to nicking pet names, to the disgust and mockery of anyone who isn't a foreign Sugar with an IQ of roadkill.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

me from mid-America

This is a good one…top of website.

‘They make it too easy.

Just three months after Harry and Meghan sat with Oprah to tell the world that the Queen’s racist palace drove Meghan to suicidal impulses — then denied her help she begged for, along with Harry publicly blaming the royal family for inflicting him with decades of “genetic pain” — these two go and name their daughter after the 95-year-old Evil Queen.

And they didn’t just choose her birth name — no, they hijacked the very specific childhood nickname only used by the Queen’s closest and most beloved: Lilibet.

Of course, Harry and Meghan said, they cleared this with the Queen personally and in advance.

Plot twist: The Palace denies this. And this denial isn’t coming from some random blogger or blind item website. These are Palace sources talking to the BBC. After a year-plus of these two and their shenanigans, accusations and outright whoppers, who are you inclined to believe?

Casting aside their choice of Diana as a middle name (who could possibly begrudge them that?) naming their only daughter after the woman who they deride as the epitome of racism, colonialism and, by extension, mean mommydom is odd, right?

Except when you consider the Palace’s recent demotion of Haz and Megs on the official royal website. Once listed just below William and Kate, Harry and Meghan were kicked all the way to the bottom, below even the Epstein-associated Prince Andrew.’

more at link

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 95

leviosa

I don't even know where to start. I'm a massive huge bibliophile, my house is literally filled with books (poor old Mr Leviosa) but not ONE book has only the title of the author on its spine. It's so obvious this is yet another vanity project. It's so hard to become a published author in this day and age. Despite my feelings about her, even JK Rowling was rejected by several publishers before Bloomsbury picked up HP. In the face of true talent you have Meghan cashing in on connections to get this trite, twee tripe published. Must be awful for her to be so maligned and hated that all her opportunities are blocked.

The name is shocking. I agree with many here who said that Harry probably said "we'll name her after you" but carefully didn't get specific. Quite aside from that (and this is my own personal preference) childrens' first names imo shouldn't be directly after a person. Do middle names all you like but I always feel first names give the poor child something to live up to before they're even started, and who on earth could live up to the Queen! Plus what will they tell Archie in years to come? His sister was named after two special people but he wasn't? They really don't think any further than the end of their noses.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 94

me from mid-America

I’m writing a book. Just my opinions. It’s about the Rescue chickens.

I’m calling it …”Comfort in the Henhouse.”

(Any volunteers for an illustrator.)

‘The chickens still like you.

Go off to their coop !

But we are immune now

To you and your ‘truth.’

We find you distasteful

Petty and mean.

But In poultry circles

You’re still King and Queen.

Your rescue initiatives

Cannot be denied

Without your intervention

They’d be roasted or fried.

You saved them from meanies

Now they drop eggs so well

But the slime that you’re ‘dropping’

Has that rotten egg smell.

Your compassion for pullets

Is well known in the Roost

But the way you treat Granny

Seems like elder abuse

But…If your Titles are taken

Reputations besmirched

You’ll still have that rooster

Maybe he can be ‘merched.’

Please, head to the Hen House

Where your Fan club is perching…

And give us some peace

From your whining and merch-ing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

D. A.

VIP Member

I cant stand H&M but that doesnt make me a fan of the royal family either - although I have warmed to HM recently.

Unless I was at school or maybe in the military i cant think of anyone I would happily call Sir.
I actually find your post a tad upsetting. My dad has been dead a long while & I wish him happy birthday every year. I even raise a glass to him. And, mad as I am, I talk to him often, because he's my dad & I miss him😔

• Heart
Reactions: 91

Pippa M

VIP Member

Respect ! It might seem old fashioned to the younger generation but it is certainly still used as a mark of respect to older people especially those who have achieved something worthwhile.
Wishing happy birthday to someone who died... well.I still do on my own parents birthdays. Why not !

• Heart
Reactions: 87

peachhes

VIP Member
She thought she could go in and change the RF to fit her own agenda. Didn’t work so she’s thrown her toys out the pram, turned her husband against them and moved her children away from their grandparents. She’s a sociopath.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82

Calling him ‘Sir’ and acknowledging what would have been his 100th birthday so soon after his death is a sign of respect - for him and for his wife and family who are still mourning his loss.

Frankly, I find the fact that anyone could possibly lack understanding of the concept of ‘respect’ bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 80