Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GirlypopsGet2Know

got some tea - I don't know if her and her bf are still together but I'm friends with her bfs realtives and their whole family fucking ate her and all she talks about is herself at family gatherings loool (they told me this a couple of months ago)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

nomaddie

Chatty Member
I think you’re way way way waaay too concerned with someone else’s pocket. You can be extremely successful in a short space of time without coming from wealth. People have done it. You sound like you lack confidence and are projecting negatively. And now that she has all that she has regardless of whether she had a leg up or not, what can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Continuously harping on about her privilege doesn’t help you acquire the things you obviously feel as though you’re lacking. She has the house, she has the hot tub and whatever else she’s ‘lucky’ to have. She doesn’t have to explain her wealth/background to anybody at all. Get over it and get over yourself. You can’t live life vilifying people because they have more than you. We live in a capitalist society that has been existing since before we came into this world, you seem as though your main dislike is the fact that she comes from wealth... would you be this upset if you came from wealth and have all that she has?
I doubt it, so get off of your high horse please! I’ve read the room, and it seems as though you have personal issues to address.
why are you here

Reactions: 39

markey

Grace only cares about sustainable, ethics, veganism, etc. to appear ‘woke’ and to make money. She knows that without those things, there is nothing that sets her apart from the masses of influencers showing off their body to sell products.

I decided to make a list summarising all the contradictory things that 'sustainability queen Grez' has done to prove this:
  • She went vegan because she cares about the animals. Yet, she wears leather, promotes non-vegan products (e.g. the honey truffle mushrooms), and bought a dog from a breeder
  • She created a 'sustainable' brand claiming she cares about the environment. Yet, she doesn’t care about the quality of her products. She’s always travelling. She continues accepting and advertising products that she is sent. She continues buying unnecessary luxuries like her London mansion and over £100k worth of renovations.
  • She rants about how people should buy her products because fast-fashion is slavery. Yet, she continues to buy/wear fast-fashion. She is not transparent about the wages/labour conditions of Tala factory workers. She also uses factories in China.
  • She tweeted about how ridiculous it was that rich people were forcing their cleaners to work during a pandemic. Yet, she moves her furniture into her London mansion, hires a wardrobe organiser, and has a hot-tub installed during a pandemic.
  • She tweets about the importance of diversity. Yet, her close team consists of slim, white females who look exactly like her.
She justifies her actions by saying that she’s doing her best. That she's being held to a higher standard than other influencers and that it’s unrealistic to expect people to be sustainable 100% of the time. However, people are expecting more from her because she's capitalising from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 39

Jkay

Chatty Member
"I worked with tala long enough...I wouldn't have let it be shit". Babe you were Grace's PA not head of Genflow. Your opinion had no power to change anything.

Isn't Emily the one who got investigated for plagiarism on her dissertation? She had to graduate after all her friends due to it I think

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
Oops i’ve hit some nerves. I’ll quickly exit so the Bank of Grace stakeholders and the Grace Bank Account stalkers can continue discussing her wealth like experts without any rebuttal. God forbid you disagree with someone on here.
What rebuttal? All you said was "ppl are rich and privileged get over it grace works hard stop crying and move on" while insulting ppl here randomly. We criticize Grace bc of her business failures, lies of privilege, and how she has been supported by a lot of external groups like Genflow and whoever at TALA when she can just be honest about it. Everyone has different degrees of privilege, clearly everyone understands that and accepts that. But we are going to criticize the Jeff Bezos-s of this world AND the Grace Beverleys of this world - people whose wealth is built on hard work yes but hard deceit as well.

Recall her oxford years when she was constantly on vacation, missing classes, and doing all these socializing events / parties while oxford students were literally slaving away unable to hang out with their friends. If you define fast fashion hauls, releasing poorly made training programs without any certification, selling overpriced bands, and taking 24 hour trips to croatia to party as 'hard work' in a 'capitalist society' then you should probably step away and recheck the definition of hard work. Her Forbes profile is built on ripped leggings, shitty customer service, trash rude behaviour to ppl who once supported her for years, and green-washing of what is clearly a fast fashion clothing brand. Not to mention an app that is barely useful for anyone outside a beginner in the gym that has now introduced 10-20 mins of workouts as effective, which is clear exploitation.

You sound like a minion, which is probably why you can't come up with a legitimate argument to defend her other than attack others just like her minions do.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

elttat

I think you’re way way way waaay too concerned with someone else’s pocket. You can be extremely successful in a short space of time without coming from wealth. People have done it. You sound like you lack confidence and are projecting negatively. And now that she has all that she has regardless of whether she had a leg up or not, what can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Continuously harping on about her privilege doesn’t help you acquire the things you obviously feel as though you’re lacking. She has the house, she has the hot tub and whatever else she’s ‘lucky’ to have. She doesn’t have to explain her wealth/background to anybody at all. Get over it and get over yourself. You can’t live life vilifying people because they have more than you. We live in a capitalist society that has been existing since before we came into this world, you seem as though your main dislike is the fact that she comes from wealth... would you be this upset if you came from wealth and have all that she has?
I doubt it, so get off of your high horse please! I’ve read the room, and it seems as though you have personal issues to address.
Lol ok grace.

Reactions: 37

franlouiserose

I replied to her story saying that "I didn't realise her mum worked as a bouncer for the club and it was nice of Grace to pay a visit" and I got blocked LOL 😭 😭 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 36

catscradle

First comment here, long-time lurker. Just came across this video essay on the working class aesthetic and gentrification and immediately thought of Grace. Check out one of the top-rated comments...

gracefituk.PNG

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Grace has completely missed the point here. This girl is tweeting about being black and seeing other black women in her industry being a blessing - relevant to all the issues of white privilege and it being the norm to be the only person of your skin colour in many scenarios if you’re black. Somehow grace has made it about herself and how her being a white, middle class, female CEO in the fitness industry (not rare at all) can relate ... I can’t with this girl. She really shouldn’t be relating feeling isolated because you’re the richest and most ‘successful’ of all your friends to being isolated over not being able to communicate with other people of your race in your job

Not undermining her feelings at all I’m sure it must be nice to talk to others of your job, but how self centred do you have to be to not understand you shouldn’t be conflating it to issues people have had because of race

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow

SilentSue

Nobody ever seems to realise that the only sustainable way of buying is to stop buying altogether. The only truly sustainable brand is no brand.

Reactions: 33

Jlurking

It's fucking grating to me that she's on her high horse about fast fashion and people not buying from places like boohoo.

She literally accumulated a good portion of her wealth from her partnership with fast fashion brands. Her house is partially funded by these partnerships.

She has likely consumed SO much more than any of her fans will in their lifetime because of the thousands of pounds worth of clothes she's been sent for free. For her to go on any rant about fast fashion is absolutely disgusting imo. You can educate without being on your high horse, especially when a mere 2 years ago you were shilling anything to your fans to make some coin.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Jlurking

Saw a good interaction on twitter just now that I think applies very well to Grace's situation (not directly relevant to her, but definitely applicable).

P1: Why do people always hate on those who are successful?
P2: because when you were born next to the finish line, we don't take well to bragging.

Reactions: 31

gear45

I wish it wasn’t so normalised for business to put ‘competitive’ for salary, especially nowadays when you usually have to go through so many stages of recruitment before you even get to the final face to face interview where you discuss salary. As someone who’s about to graduate and enter the job market, I’ve had my fair share of job applications and it’s so frustrating when you spend time and effort researching the company to be told in the end that, actually, competitive means 20k in London...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31