Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New article
I mean what’s Genflow grace?
One of the most watched entrepreneurs in the country?! Wtaf if she was so famous hey wouldn’t have to explain what “her” various companies do. I doubt anyone who doesn’t watch YouTube would know her

Reactions: 4
I've always found it weird that all the TALA products are basically exactly the same. Where is the design?! It just feels so basic to me. Which is fine for one range but Gymshark are constantly reworking even their basic ranges. It just seems like Grace wants to keep releasing the same tit in new colours because colours is the only thing she understands and that's what's fun for her. There's nothing new. Unless I've missed something?
Her big CEO role includes choosing sorry I mean "approving" colors didn't you know!!

Also yea hard agree it's because it's not geared to performance and functionality, just instagram. That's why it fails in quality and has a myriad of problems.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m just so baffled at how little that they have researched Grace and just put lies in that article! It’s a joke to people who work hard to even have 1 business! So sick of her 😠

Reactions: 5
Obviously she works hard but she’s dying to make herself out to be some oppressed person who has risen to success? She grew up in Notting hill, went to private school, is white, has a rich family - she’s the definition of privileged. She thinks by telling her followers her parents made them write formal letters and argue their case when they wanted something to be bought for them that it makes her humble and gets rid of her privilege? The fact is you can take these risks when you know if you lost everything you have parents that can financially support you and even let you live in their home. Obviously we live in a patriarchy and women are generally more ‘oppressed’ than men, but this doesn’t mean that every single woman has been hard done by and it’s against the odds for them to ever make it? Wish she would just acknowledge her privilege in these interviews rather than always having to make a point about how hard it is for her to be a CEO as a white rich middle class female that has been raised her whole life and academic career to make herself believe she’s the best and can do anything

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m just so baffled at how little that they have researched Grace and just put lies in that article! It’s a joke to people who work hard to even have 1 business! So sick of her 😠
I wonder how much were they paid for this little PR puff-piece.

Last edited:
Those photos in the article from the zoom call are so awkward. Why has she posed like that?

ALSO PUT YOUR GLASSES ON PROPERLY YOU TIT

"Beverley knows the fitness industry is changing, both because of the impact of Covid-19, but also through her company’s disruption of the market. “These bigger companies are really looking at us,” she says, “and are going, ‘Hey, if they can provide that option for the same price, why wouldn’t people be buying their things?’” She says it’s been a “whirlwind” transforming Tala from a concept into a well-known brand in the space of a few months. “People [are] saying, ‘I only buy Tala now because why would I buy a fast-fashion activewear piece when I could actually buy something that is sustainable, that is ethical and at the same price point?’”

I have seen far more comments from people saying that they gave Tala a try but will be going back to Gymshark, Lulu (and even Primark!) because Tala's clothes are such bad quality that it ends up being less sustainable to purchase from Tala. A lot of comments are also telling people to try Girlfriend instead.

Additionally, I don't think Tala is disrupting the industry as much as Grace thinks it is. Sustainable fashion was gaining momentum long before Tala came onto the scene (remember how Grace had to keep defending herself for promoting fast fashion brands!!) Brands like AYM and Girlfriend were already well-established while Grace was still a Gymshark athlete. The industry is changing because the consumer is demanding change... not because of Tala's greenwashing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Everything about that article is ridiculous
The fact she says she was a “lifestyle YouTubers” who sometimes posted fitness content. Hun your username and first business was called “Grace fit Uk”

I can’t stand when she says they are disrupting the industry. They are targeting young girls, who were graces followers when she was still doing PLT hauls. They dont give a tit about environment, they just use it to feel good about another purchase. And now they use love islanders to do sponsored content wearing her clothes- not saying you need to have Greta thunberg- but love islanders??!?you are literally capitalising from the easily influenced spender audiences.
You care about profit not trees, cba with the greenwashing
Wearing her shein clothes, non-vegan trainers. Everything about her is a lie.

And she proper winds me up when she posts this narrative that she is the most hardworking individual on the planet to ever exist when she is no more hand working than a normal person. All I see of her during a weekday is doing gym workouts, taking photos of her side arse, playing with her dog, arguing with other companies on twitter and writing a to do list. And then also tries to claim she never takes days off when we can see her Bikini bod on insta taking 6 holidays a year

Reactions: 26
Also heading the article queen of quarantine- at hone fitness empire- is she for real??

like I think it shows how inexperienced grace is at business the way they’ve handled quarantine. She had ALL THE TOOLS to bump her following and grow business etc, people have beenobsessed with home workouts. She’s got the clothes, the equipment and the routines and she hasn’t done anything.
I’ve been following Courtney black who has been doing home workouts, she’s gained like 300,000 followers over lockdown and now has the number 4 app in health and fitness. Even people like Mark Wright have been growing their profiles using fitness 😂 tala/ BND and shreddy haven’t really done anything. Same content as usual 🤔 they’ve missed a trick, queen of quarantine I absolutely think not

Reactions: 9
mAkINg miLIioNs tHe RigHT wAy
Did she just explain the difference between net and gross profit? Like the most basic concept in business and said its important for people to understand that? I'd say most people understand that very well...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah it feels really icky to me that she gives business advice when she’s only been working “full time” for like twenty minutes... I swear she was barely graduated from her um music degree and she was doing talks at unis about being a ceo and reposting all these vile articles painting her as an inspiration.
She’s a smart girl it’s a shame she can’t see what people love about her - seeing how she fitted fitness into her busy uni lifestyle while was genuinely motivating as I feel most people can relate to how difficult it is to get that balance right and achieve results, and her personality was really watchable... whereas now shes very distant so her constant humble brags and completely unachievable lifestyle are such a turn off... such a shame!
shes said that mental health has caused her to take a step back from a lot of her social media which I can totally understand especially considering the expectations she’s built for herself but I think she doesn’t appreciate that when her only content is solely pushing her businesses that have serious teething problems or flaunting her unachievable wealth is reallly rubbing her followers up the wrong way and it’s naive to think she can separate herself from the negative feedback simply by giving the businesses their own identities.. it’s sad bcs I feel like most of the people on this thread really liked her at one point and I can definetly attribute some of my gym motivation to her uni content like it’s really sad to have unfollowed her!
Can anyone recommend any insta or YouTube creators similar to pre tala grace? 😂

Reactions: 9
Yeah it feels really icky to me that she gives business advice when she’s only been working “full time” for like twenty minutes... I swear she was barely graduated from her um music degree and she was doing talks at unis about being a ceo and reposting all these vile articles painting her as an inspiration.
She’s a smart girl it’s a shame she can’t see what people love about her - seeing how she fitted fitness into her busy uni lifestyle while was genuinely motivating as I feel most people can relate to how difficult it is to get that balance right and achieve results, and her personality was really watchable... whereas now shes very distant so her constant humble brags and completely unachievable lifestyle are such a turn off... such a shame!
shes said that mental health has caused her to take a step back from a lot of her social media which I can totally understand especially considering the expectations she’s built for herself but I think she doesn’t appreciate that when her only content is solely pushing her businesses that have serious teething problems or flaunting her unachievable wealth is reallly rubbing her followers up the wrong way and it’s naive to think she can separate herself from the negative feedback simply by giving the businesses their own identities.. it’s sad bcs I feel like most of the people on this thread really liked her at one point and I can definetly attribute some of my gym motivation to her uni content like it’s really sad to have unfollowed her!
Can anyone recommend any insta or YouTube creators similar to pre tala grace? 😂
She’s been mentioned here before but I really like Natasha oceane ( poss spelling is wrong )

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.