Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking about things that are ~offensively~ overpriced…

View attachment 1005286
(from 👉 https://limegoss.com/grace-beverly-tala/)
idk if this is just me being dense but I understand food places using compostable cutlery/exploring options and people considering sustainability when they have to replace their existing cutlery for whatever reason (there might be more reasons that I’m not aware of!)

but the idea of buying some £25 bamboo cutlery simply to take in my bag for lunch so that I can say it’s eco friendly / ‘reusable’ and having to cart it round everywhere is really baffling when I could just… go to my cutlery drawer … and grab one of my existing forks from said drawer…. and put it in my bag?? and wash it when I get home? my cutlery is already bleeping reusable that’s the whole point of it?!?!?! surely it’s more sustainable to use what you already own rather than buying more, but with that sort of thinking Grez’s businesses would collapse and we wouldn’t want that x

Reactions: 66
idk if this is just me being dense but I understand food places using compostable cutlery/exploring options and people considering sustainability when they have to replace their existing cutlery for whatever reason (there might be more reasons that I’m not aware of!)

but the idea of buying some £25 bamboo cutlery simply to take in my bag for lunch so that I can say it’s eco friendly / ‘reusable’ and having to cart it round everywhere is really baffling when I could just… go to my cutlery drawer … and grab one of my existing forks from said drawer…. and put it in my bag?? and wash it when I get home? my cutlery is already bleeping reusable that’s the whole point of it?!?!?! surely it’s more sustainable to use what you already own rather than buying more, but with that sort of thinking Grez’s businesses would collapse and we wouldn’t want that x
100%, I hadn’t ever really thought about this but you’re right, I always just talk a fork from the draw at home when I need to. Why is bamboo cutlery sustainable? It’s just a marketing scam isn’t it.

Reactions: 26
Eco stuff is just playing into the same consumerist system as everything else. Buy buy buy buy.

The only eco-sustainable brand is no brand at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Eco stuff is just playing into the same consumerist system as everything else. Buy buy buy buy.

The only eco-sustainable brand is no brand at all.
exactly! i feel like a lot of brands weaponise guilt and “morality” by making customers feel like they have to get rid of everything they own that’s not considered sustainable and it’s focused on performativity and ‘looking’ sustainable rather than actually making proper changes (and then Grezos goes to France every other weekend by plane when she owns an electric car for that purpose and goes ‘nObOdY iS pErFeCT’)

like yes, you might own some unsustainable things but chucking them in the bin when they can still be used because you’ve bought something that’s considered eco friendly isn’t solving the problem. It’s a gradual process with no quick fixes and you can’t just consume your way out of it 🙃

Reactions: 23
SoulCycle is a boutique spinning gym chain that celebs here and the states used to be mad over, it’s not reflective of gyms all over london, you could get a ‘The Gym’ membership for £20, a gym membership with a pool for £35, a Gymbox type subscription for £100 or a luxury Virgin Active one for like £120. Please don’t think we’re all paying through the nose 🤣 there’s loads of options for different wants and needs.

I went to SoulCycle with a friend in NY and it was amazing but when it came here the spin hype had died down and I can’t imagine it to be any different than going to a class at the mid to high range gyms. Trust Grace to be all over a faddy place like SoulCycle well after the hype’s died.

Reactions: 13
exactly! i feel like a lot of brands weaponise guilt and “morality” by making customers feel like they have to get rid of everything they own that’s not considered sustainable and it’s focused on performativity and ‘looking’ sustainable rather than actually making proper changes (and then Grezos goes to France every other weekend by plane when she owns an electric car for that purpose and goes ‘nObOdY iS pErFeCT’)

like yes, you might own some unsustainable things but chucking them in the bin when they can still be used because you’ve bought something that’s considered eco friendly isn’t solving the problem. It’s a gradual process with no quick fixes and you can’t just consume your way out of it 🙃
I really don’t give a tit about the environment but I can hand on heart say that my life style is 100x more sustainable than a lot of these people who preach about sustainability lol. I can count on 1 hand the number of new items of clothing I bought last year (not including socks / underwear), I walk everywhere unless I can’t in which case I take public transport, I live in a country where the majority of the fresh produce you can buy in supermarkets is locally grown and I took 1 flight in order to see family 💀.
It’s a joke really, people have lost all sight of what it even means to live sustainably because of greenwashers like grace. Tbh I think she has really moved away from the whole eco friendly thing in recent years though tbf, which is a good thing because it was just becoming embarrassing to see her keep on insisting that Tala clothes were sustainable when they literally break after 1 wear loool.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I refuse to wank around with reusable straws and sannie pads when the big corporations are the main polluters, and are doing nothing to change. Belgian Airlines runs 3,000 empty flights per year just to maintain its place in the landing/take-off hierarchy. And we really think forking out for multi-use cotton buds is going to make a dent??

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Grace has taken more flights in 1 year than I have in my entire life so she can shut her gob about sustainability because she's not being sustainable in the slightest.

Reactions: 60
exactly,with all of her talk of being sustainable she is actually much less sustainable than people that don'teven consider their environmental impact, it is totally ridiculous

Reactions: 20
Grace has taken more flights in 1 year than I have in my entire life so she can shut her gob about sustainability because she's not being sustainable in the slightest.
Grace has taken more flights in 2022 than I have in my life and we are only 22 days in 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Saw a few Tala bits discounted on BrandAlley (massive sales site). I guess their “sustaina-sale” couldn’t sell all their overproduced tat..

Also calling it a “sustaina-sale” is 🤢🤢🤢 I hate brand greenwashing soooo much & how many people it fools
do you know if they have the mali zip up top on there 👁👄👁

Reactions: 5
Let’s also be real all of her designer stuff is definitely brand new. Her Tesla I’m 100% sure is brand new too. Also it’s widely known now that an EV produces more CO2 than a typical petrol car until about 60k miles due to much higher CO2 in production. So after that, I definitely think she has a carbon footprint bigger than everyone in this thread together. THERE IS NO WAY Grace would actually own something second hand, she couldn’t be seen with second hand things, that’s what poor people do.

Reactions: 27
So she’s getting up late because of a hangover, finishing work early for a laser appointment and then trying to make us feel sooo bad for her because she has to rush to cram everything in?? I don’t know how her staff put up with it
"urgent to dos after the weekend" but industry reading takes priority 😂 could not make this tit up

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I am 100% convinced she's just trolling everyone now and seeing how far her little minions will follow her.

She doesn't start 'work' until 10:15! After having breakfast at a cafe. Then she leaves at 4. On the last one she posted she woke up at 6, a normal time but Grace for some reason feels she should get a medal for waking up before midday, then she did two hours work, posted on Instagram and went home to 'recove' from her busy day!

Also how self-absorbed and egotistical do you have to be to believe that anyone actually gives a crap about what you do all day!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Why did she have to add that bit at the bottom about it being an overwhelming day? She is walking evidence that it's quite nice to have flexitime, it's nice to not have to work solidly from 9-5PM, it's nice to be able to make a personal appointment during the working day and make up the time afterwards (not that she seems to do that) if need be, without worrying about your finances.

I think she's well placed to 'start a conversation' about flexible working days and how much easier they make it to juggle work and personal responsibilities. Within that, she could even say "it's been a busy day for me, but I'm fortunate as some of it was devoted to personal things rather than just work". Instead, she speaks as if she's in the same stressful boat as people that work long hours with 0 flexitime

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.