Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jlurking

I don’t know if someone’s already posted but I cannot believe I saw Tala in TK Maxx Sutton the other day 😭😭😭🤣
hey! thanks for bringing this up actually as I’ve been meaning to talk about it for a while. we’ve been trialling our tala/tkmaxx collaboration for a couple of weeks now - so exciting that so many of you have spotted it! I would like to point out that compared to Nike or Adidas we actually have a minimal amount of stock that gets sent to tkmaxx because so many of you are such loyal tala fans that you usually dont leave any for the rest of us 😂😂 I won’t go into the business details because it would bore you but please know that this collaboration has been hypercrafted for over an entire quarter - a LOT of effort has gone into this, even if it just appears that our overpriced, thread hanging leggings are just not selling as well as we’d hoped. Please remember that we produce under a SLOW FASHION concept which is why we chose tkmaxx as our newest collab partner as we’ve all visited an empty maxx one afternoon on the outskirts of an austerity ravaged ex industry town. Anyway, I’m off to celebrate my mum’s 60th. Such a shame that her Dad, close friend of Thatcher, couldn’t be here. Please don’t message me during this time as I am FINALLY having some well deserved time off!! I have begged my low income staff to scream at me if I make one more joke in our slack chat (they love it really 😂😂). Happy 2022 guys 🧡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Jlurking

2.1 I believe
Umm actually it was a very high 2:1 like basically a first and she was running 3 businesses and never went to uni so really she was the smartest person in her cohort.. let’s not downplay the achievements of strong women please internalised misogyny is not cute 🥰🥰🥰 /j

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

aemee321

Chatty Member
B29F172F-0A72-47F1-9F08-06D142F09F87.jpeg

Her working day is 9:30-2pm? I never wanna hear how burnt out she is from work ever again lol

• Haha
Reactions: 76
I would love to message my daily schedule (I work in emergency services) to her but feel like I would get immediately blocked because no-one else can possibly have it harder than Grez.

6am - wake up!!! No time or effort for exercise as I finished 4 hours late the evening before.
7am - get in my shit car and drive an hour in traffic to work because we can’t all move from coffee shop to coffee shop everyday ‘block tasking’ (idk what block tasking means).
8am - ???? Wrestle someone off a bridge, probs get spat at, don’t get to eat lunch/buy lunch and let it get cold as I’ve had to do something more important, probably end the day by seeing something horrific.
5pm - still at work as I’m off late and there’s not enough staff
8pm - eventually make it home. Only 2 hours off late today! Get a 99p cheeseburger from Maccies and immediately go to bed. Dread doing it allll again tomorrow.

still not as hard as Grez works tho

• Heart
Reactions: 68

fwooper

VIP Member
I’m all for looking after the environment, but this is extremely rich coming from someone who flies to France every other weekend for a couple of days.
Her callouts are so obnoxious and arbitrary. The day before she was showing off her Shreddy collab event and all their disposable plastic cups - how is that any different to plastic cutlery?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 68

littlewonder

Chatty Member
Talking about things that are ~offensively~ overpriced…

View attachment 1005286
(from 👉 https://limegoss.com/grace-beverly-tala/)
idk if this is just me being dense but I understand food places using compostable cutlery/exploring options and people considering sustainability when they have to replace their existing cutlery for whatever reason (there might be more reasons that I’m not aware of!)

but the idea of buying some £25 bamboo cutlery simply to take in my bag for lunch so that I can say it’s eco friendly / ‘reusable’ and having to cart it round everywhere is really baffling when I could just… go to my cutlery drawer … and grab one of my existing forks from said drawer…. and put it in my bag?? and wash it when I get home? my cutlery is already fucking reusable that’s the whole point of it?!?!?! surely it’s more sustainable to use what you already own rather than buying more, but with that sort of thinking Grez’s businesses would collapse and we wouldn’t want that x

Reactions: 66

dfsdfsdfadfs

Sharing this again as I feel it's relevant every thread:

I don't know if it's been brought up recently but thought I'd share some explanation of Grace and her companies, after again claiming she works so hard and is a full time CEO to 2/3 different, extremely successful companies. I just find it extremely disingenuous and harmful.

Let's imagine that anybody (use yourself as the example) made a viral post on instagram and suddenly woke up with a million followers. Loyal followers who trust what you say and look up to you.
A large company realises you have a large, impressionable audience and email you and say "We create companies for people who have an audience, let's talk."
You have a meeting and they say, "Look, you have a million followers, we want to create a jewellery line for you. We have all the contacts, we have the manufacturing, we have the supply, we have the factories, we have the designs and we have the brand and logo all ready. You'll be the CEO and you can make decisions, but we'll do everything for you, the product, the marketing, the shipping, and we'll split the profits 50/50, how does that sound?"
You don't know much about jewellery, but.. this sounds perfect. You get to own a company, you get everything done for you and you can promote it on your page and make a ton of money, so deal agreed.
You promote your new line, you sell it through huge advertising, scarcity marketing, influencers and you sell out your launch as you have a lot of loyal followers who couldn't wait to buy it.
You are now the CEO of a successful jewellery company. You didn't need to do anything. You and a larger company profited off your impressionable and loyal audience and they got a product and to support someone they look up to. Everybody wins.
The next launch is next month. There is a meeting to discuss the colours of the next pieces of jewellery, they present you with some options. (Business meetings!!!) The options are blue, gold, red, silver. You choose silver and red. You are now a CEO who is making decisions and who is running the company. You upload to social media how hectic it is and how you have meetings and emails and so much to do. It's time for a holiday.
You promote the next launch again and it sells out.
You win a business award for your successful company.
The larger company is earning a lot of money from you and your audience, so they want to keep you 100% happy. They give you teams to talk to, they throw you parties and send you gifts. You can be as involved as you want to be. You can do nothing. You can be cc'd into every email. You can go on holiday for 6 months. The work is being done, the products are being created and marketed and sold either way. Though as it's your audience, it's helpful if you post. You are as busy as you want to be. You can portray your company and involvement however you want on social media.

That's basically the formula for these influencers and their brands. Some take the 'entrepreneur' title further than others.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Keep seeing all these memes about boris “not knowing he was at a party”

anyone else remember when grace blagged the same excuse when she was caught at a coke party in Dubai on her “essential work trip” 😂😂😂😂

all cut from the same cloth

• Haha
Reactions: 62

Kiwi657

The way she structures her work day plans makes me eye roll so hard. She's trying so hard to fill the screen despite doing nothing that she has to break up every tiny thing she does into 5 parts. Instead of "gym 7 - 8" it's:

6:30 - walk to gym
7:00 - 8 - workout
8 - 8:30 - shower and change
8:30 - walk to cafe

And when she puts entering and leaving a taxi as two separate "tasks" on her schedule
ughhhhh whyyyyy. Honestly hun just say you don't do anything and go sit down, watching her reach this hard to look rushed off her feet on a daily basis is getting v cringey.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

littlewonder

Chatty Member
“I’ve been bad at letting exterior uncontrollables affect my mood”

LMAO that’s the most obnoxious way to say ‘things outside my control’ I’ve ever seen and it’s a perfect example of how Grez twists shit to sound super clever when it’s really just… simple as fuck

• Haha

sephylily

VIP Member
Grace has taken more flights in 1 year than I have in my entire life so she can shut her gob about sustainability because she's not being sustainable in the slightest.

Mamacita

VIP Member
So she’s getting up late because of a hangover, finishing work early for a laser appointment and then trying to make us feel sooo bad for her because she has to rush to cram everything in?? I don’t know how her staff put up with it
"urgent to dos after the weekend" but industry reading takes priority 😂 could not make this shit up

• Haha
Reactions: 59

klarigold

It seems like every day I notice a new influencer with enormous success who entirely owes it to their wealthy upper class background, but makes a concerted effort to scrub their privilege from their socials.

The latest one I came across was Julian Roberts (telltalefood) who is a food/lifestyle country bumpkin blogger. His narrative is he's a former London chef who gave it all up to start over on a small farm in the countryside and grow his own food. Lovely stuff. Except he's a privately educated scrub who's only worked 6 months in his life (he's 28) at a family friend's restaurant in Holland Park, and his 'smallholding' is his parent's second home in Dorset, where he still lives with them. But look at his socials and you'd be convinced he's a hard working independent farmer! And now he has a BOOK DEAL. With no real life experience or expertise to speak of, just a pretty blonde boy fucking around with a couple of goats and making a lot of pasta dishes at his parents house with no income and no expenses.

Idk why this enrages me so much, maybe it's because I'm starting to see it everywhere. Kids of wealthy parents who have apparently made their passion project (be it painting, cooking, fitness, whatever) into a livelihood, but actually are just bums cosplaying as independent small business owners. So many kids are going to follow these people and look up to them, and assume that lifestyle is attainable because they're so opaque about how they afforded it in the first place. And they all just go on and get pats on the back, book deals, interviews, sponsorships and become spokespeople for important issues (farmboy is on a campaign about 'people knowing where their food comes from' - that's nice, but I don't think people trying to feed their families on £10/week care about organic produce) and they are NOT authorities on these subjects but they pretend to be, and people listen.

I'll leave it there but I just needed to vent. I've been raging about this phenomenon all week and my boyfriend doesn't get why I'm so mad about it 😅😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

littlewonder

Chatty Member
I could rant about her obsession with pretending to be busy all over again but it’s just the same shit, different day with her

howling at leaving the urgent to do’s til almost noon though, there is nothing worse than when you have to wait for people to make time critical decisions so that you can actually get on with your job - imagine working for Grez and she’s going “sorry babe, I’ll get back to you ASAP but me & my oat latte are currently really busy reflecting on an industry think piece sorry looool god I just take on too much work xxx”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

cookiemunchmunch

I cannot beliebe she is complaining about the price of a covid tests, first of all numbers are rising across Europe, but second of all this is her billionth holiday of the year, she is just so entitled it it beyond belief. Covid tests must be the one thing she actually has to pay for and not get gifted :ROFLMAO:
4DE8D1E4-264B-41D7-805E-71C83614EF15.png

Exactly I mean where the fuck is she off to this time?????? If you get to travel constantly with no worries about money or work then paying for tests should be the least of your concerns. T w a t

Reactions: 57

littlewonder

Chatty Member
The audacity of Tala to claim that they have leading digital marketing when all they seem to do is post ‘something big is coming 🥵🚨 👀’ every month for yet another nearly identical launch…

• Haha
Reactions: 56

fwooper

VIP Member
So this conference is in Abu Dhabi - funny how all the conferences she has chosen to attend take her half way across the world. There's been no shortage of virtual Zoom conferences this year, and there's plenty of business conferences based in the UK. Even in non-Covid times this level of long haul travel just for one person is excessive for a 'sustainable' company.

Reactions: 56

m1001

89CF0228-6E68-4C12-92F7-36FD367A505A.png

why does this have to be so dramatic and stressful? She’s on a holiday ffs, rushing to finish good books to make an imaginary deadline, it’s just too much WHY

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 55