Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone see her sister (Flora’s) post about their mum’s 60th? Jesus what a venue for a working class kid who’s completely self-made 👀
is grace not going to her mum's 60th bday?!

Reactions: 5
Did she spell the omicron variant as omnivore? I see the oxford education really paying off
Nah its nothing to do with covid, she's talking about when she eats fish in restaurants and pretends its someone else's plate 💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
D0CF4F67-ECDB-44D2-980E-B3A05E053AED.jpeg
Damn she’s the queen of getting the right angle… don’t get me wrong she’s fit but very different to the stuff she posts on her stories!! Im not surprised though 😄

• Wow
Reactions: 38
These conferences are still spelling her name wrong lol. Imagine posting it on your story it’s so embarrassing, just shows that she’s an afterthought and nobody there gives a tit about her
I wonder if she puts herself forward for all these conferences to try and legitimise herself as a business woman.

Reactions: 23
I wonder if she puts herself forward for all these conferences to try and legitimise herself as a business woman.
The thing about conferences is they'll invite just about anyone they don't have to pay. It's quite rare for a conference to pay speakers (or even travel expenses) unless they're giving the keynote, because most people are happy to attend just for networking/exposure.

My mum owned a very small research consultancy and got invited to speak at about 20 international conferences a year which were unpaid - and maybe 1 or 2 in the UK/europe that were paid. She said you're kind of a mug if you accept the international invites because a lot of them aren't very reputable, you don't make meaningful connections and you'll usually end up paying a fortune for flights and hotels just so they can fill their speaker slots. We did get to go on 1 or 2 all expenses paid holidays for the ones that did pay, which was great but very rare.

IMO Grace is accepting every international speaker slot and paying all her own expenses just to inflate her ego, but it's really not that deep and they could replace her in a heartbeat. Hence why she's at the bottom of the billing and they couldn't even spell her name right.

Reactions: 52
Part of my job is organising conferences and I have definitely found this to be the case. Sometimes my higher ups just accept anyone vaguely relevant's request to speak on the day to fill an odd space, even if they're really not worth their salt. There are a lot of people that see conferences as high profile and a way to get their name out there, and if we need to fill a niche they meet then sometimes we accept them.

There are definitely people we go back to and are keen to host, but we would never misspell their names like that. It would be interesting to see if Grace ever returns to a reputable conference and how well her slots are attended. Usually people come back to see specific speakers at conferences if they run on an annual basis. Conference-runners often do evaluations to see which speakers were the most highly rated and will re-invite them if they were popular

Reactions: 17
It's really interesting to hear how differently all of these conferences are set up, it seems like it varies a lot by field. I work in scientific research and conferences are serious business, you have to apply to speak and send the organisers a summary of what you've been working on months ahead of time for them to appraise. Depending on the reputation of a conference, getting a speaking slot or even just a place to put up a poster of your recent work can be highly competitive. I have never heard of anyone other than keynotes being invited to speak at a conference or the idea of speakers being let on stage without anything of value to add to a conversation, so it's really interesting to hear everyone's perspectives and kind of explains why grace is there a bit more!

Also, looking at her insta it doesn't seem like there were many people at her panel

Reactions: 16
It's really interesting to hear how differently all of these conferences are set up, it seems like it varies a lot by field. I work in scientific research and conferences are serious business, you have to apply to speak and send the organisers a summary of what you've been working on months ahead of time for them to appraise. Depending on the reputation of a conference, getting a speaking slot or even just a place to put up a poster of your recent work can be highly competitive. I have never heard of anyone other than keynotes being invited to speak at a conference or the idea of speakers being let on stage without anything of value to add to a conversation, so it's really interesting to hear everyone's perspectives and kind of explains why grace is there a bit more!

Also, looking at her insta it doesn't seem like there were many people at her panel
My mum did work in scientific research but the invites were mostly from international conferences that weren't particularly reputable. She did apply to others in the UK though and this was 10-20 years ago as she's retired now. I do think science conferences are different to business conferences though, and perhaps you can get away with more bullshit because discussions aren't usually research based.

Reactions: 11
This is such an example of something that is classy when a rich person does it, but disgusting and tacky when a poor person does it. Like how tf is she gonna turn up to a conference wearing a fluffy pijama top 😭
AD347D42-A519-40D4-A815-EADE7EBE39B6.png

2) this is scary
DDFF6691-514A-4E77-9D88-2180CF938B21.png
Also LOOOL if it’s really true that she’s paying all of the expenses to go to these conferences then she’s even sadder than I thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
With science and maths where it's all about research data etc., I would imagine it's hard to blag your way in - but you can imagine Grace getting into this in the same way she's blagged her way into loads of things. Ultimately her CV will look very impressive, as will her education, and she will be able to say "I made x profit through selling sustainable fashion through Instagram. I know how to make sustainability appeal to young audiences and challenge fast fashion"

She will be able to manipulate data to make herself look like a gamechanging environmental activist, especially as she was trained n private school-level bullshitting. She probably ticks quite a lot of boxes tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
This is such an example of something that is classy when a rich person does it, but disgusting and tacky when a poor person does it. Like how tf is she gonna turn up to a conference wearing a fluffy pijama top 😭
View attachment 914538
2) this is scary
View attachment 914543Also LOOOL if it’s really true that she’s paying all of the expenses to go to these conferences then she’s even sadder than I thought.
I saw these online - they really are pyjamas… also the trims are made of ostrich feathers 😥
30CED21A-18BC-4915-86BA-AAAF358CEF4E.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
it’s the toes Hanging all the way out of the shoe for me x
View attachment 914538
2) this is scary
View attachment 914543Also LOOOL if it’s really true that she’s paying all of the expenses to go to these conferences then she’s even sadder than I thought.
Also nothing says professionalism like not bothering to take your sunglasses off your head before doing your panel.

With all the talk about conferences I thought I'd input with my experience from being a finance professional. Talks are either sponsored by a company, or are from cross company working groups. The only way you can just turn up and speak is if your company sponsors your talk.

Reactions: 21
Her outfit was just ridiculous.
I know people who have spoken at conferences and they aren't paid for the conference as such but for the flights and hotel so it is basically a free holiday, as someone who doesn't seem to ever want to spend her own money I presume this has been the case with her

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.