Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it quite weird how much TALA/Grace are promoting this new investment. Is it normal for a company to plaster all over social media that they’ve received a large investment?
I mean I think it's normal to announce it for sure but not to be *this* obnoxious about it... And especially not to tease it to 16-year old instagram fangirls the day before as if this is something they would ever guess/care about at all. Most off them thought it would be a swimwear announcement lol

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I mean I think it's normal to announce it for sure but not to be *this* obnoxious about it... And especially not to tease it to 16-year old instagram fangirls the day before as if this is something they would ever guess/care about at all. Most off them thought it would be a swimwear announcement lol
It reminded me of Matilda Djerf, she has her own clothing brand that generated over 80 million SEK (8,696,305.21 US Dollars according to Google) during their first two years. Which is obviously extremely successful, so she was interviewed by a Swedish publication for businesses, industry news etc. First of all, she shared the news because she was on the cover of their Sunday publication but covered the revenue amount since it was part of the cover, she shared it because she felt proud but didn't feel the need to flaunt this monetary figure in our faces. But she shared like 2 stories on it and moved on. I respect that a lot more than Grace's approach. But then again, comparing Matilda with Grace, the differences are huge on so many levels.

Reactions: 19
I can’t get over the fact that Shreddy makes so little money on companies house but yet is advertising some 15k a month role.

Reactions: 14
Investors invests in a healthy company accounts and future growths,
guess i was right,with my observations, last year:rolleyes:
expect a chain of Tala shops :cool::coffee:

Reactions: 4
WHO IS BUYING TALA ITS SO OVERPRICED
Apparently, lots of her middle class followers , that dont think its overpriced, i have passed the stage of thinking my opnion of an influencer can negatively or postively affect them, Grez will debut in The Sunday Times Rich List , in the future, i expect her business to expand , bigger than House of CB:unsure:., i also see her getting a UK honour , probably an MBE,based on her present career trajectory, before she is 30. its just an honest assessment , dont hate me 😁

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Apparently, lots of her middle class followers , that dont think its overpriced, i have passed the stage of thinking my opnion of an influencer can negatively or postively affect them, Grez will debut in The Sunday Times Rich List , in the future, i expect her business to expand , bigger than House of CB:unsure:., i also see her getting a UK honour , probably an MBE,based on her present career trajectory, before she is 30. its just an honest assessment , dont hate me 😁
It was all her own hard work as a poor student and absolutely nothing to do with having millionaire parents and coming from a affluent background… 😂🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Borne on a relentless, upflowing cascade of glittering privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A real tear jerker rags to riches story, when you take after your grandfather and receive a Lordship 🥲👏🏼

Nah Grace is too left wing to ever accept a title or honour from the royal family clearly

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It seems like every day I notice a new influencer with enormous success who entirely owes it to their wealthy upper class background, but makes a concerted effort to scrub their privilege from their socials.

The latest one I came across was Julian Roberts (telltalefood) who is a food/lifestyle country bumpkin blogger. His narrative is he's a former London chef who gave it all up to start over on a small farm in the countryside and grow his own food. Lovely stuff. Except he's a privately educated scrub who's only worked 6 months in his life (he's 28) at a family friend's restaurant in Holland Park, and his 'smallholding' is his parent's second home in Dorset, where he still lives with them. But look at his socials and you'd be convinced he's a hard working independent farmer! And now he has a BOOK DEAL. With no real life experience or expertise to speak of, just a pretty blonde boy bleeping around with a couple of goats and making a lot of pasta dishes at his parents house with no income and no expenses.

Idk why this enrages me so much, maybe it's because I'm starting to see it everywhere. Kids of wealthy parents who have apparently made their passion project (be it painting, cooking, fitness, whatever) into a livelihood, but actually are just bums cosplaying as independent small business owners. So many kids are going to follow these people and look up to them, and assume that lifestyle is attainable because they're so opaque about how they afforded it in the first place. And they all just go on and get pats on the back, book deals, interviews, sponsorships and become spokespeople for important issues (farmboy is on a campaign about 'people knowing where their food comes from' - that's nice, but I don't think people trying to feed their families on £10/week care about organic produce) and they are NOT authorities on these subjects but they pretend to be, and people listen.

I'll leave it there but I just needed to vent. I've been raging about this phenomenon all week and my boyfriend doesn't get why I'm so mad about it 😅😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
It seems like every day I notice a new influencer with enormous success who entirely owes it to their wealthy upper class background, but makes a concerted effort to scrub their privilege from their socials.

The latest one I came across was Julian Roberts (telltalefood) who is a food/lifestyle country bumpkin blogger. Narrative is he's a former London chef who gave it all up to start over on a small farm in the countryside and grow his own food. Lovely stuff. Except he's a privately educated scrub who's only worked 6 months in his life (he's 28) at a family friend's restaurant in Holland Park, and his 'smallholding' is his parent's second home in Dorset, where he still lives with them. But look at his socials and you'd be convinced he's a hard working independent farmer! And now he has a BOOK DEAL. With no real life experience or expertise to speak of, just bleeping around with a couple of goats and making a lot of pasta dishes with no income and no expenses.

Idk why this enrages me so much, maybe it's because I'm starting to see it everywhere. Kids of wealthy parents who have apparently made their passion project (be it painting, cooking, fitness, whatever) into a livelihood, but actually are just bums cosplaying as independent small business owners. So many kids are going to follow these people and look up to them, and assume that lifestyle is attainable because they're so opaque about how they afforded it in the first place. And they all just go on and get pats on the back, book deals, sponsorships and become spokespeople for important issues (farmboy is on a campaign about 'people knowing where their food comes from' - that's nice, but I think people trying to feed their families on £10/week don't care about splashing out on the organic produce) and they are NOT authorities on these subjects but they pretend to be, and people listen.

I'll leave it there but I've been raging about this phenomenon all week and my boyfriend doesn't get why I'm so mad about it 😅😅
Your boyfriend sounds the same as mine!

I just find liars so infuriating!

Reactions: 5
Your boyfriend sounds the same as mine!

I just find liars so infuriating!
Omg same. He was like 'but there have always been famous people who didn't deserve their success, people should realise that' but it's SO much more prevalent and insidious now. You open Instagram and find people who appear to be normal, just living their lovely lives and sharing nice pics and making a living. But even THAT isn't real, it's fuelled by generational wealth and most people can't make an easy living that way. Think of all the kids now who aspire to be influencers - it is now the #1 career aspiration. And it looks so easy but no one wants to talk about that fact that it's just another way for rich kids to shove everyone else out of the way and pretend to be self-made.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

The latest one I came across was Julian Roberts (telltalefood) who is a food/lifestyle country bumpkin blogger. His narrative is he's a former London chef who gave it all up to start over on a small farm in the countryside and grow his own food. Lovely stuff. Except he's a privately educated scrub who's only worked 6 months in his life (he's 28) at a family friend's restaurant in Holland Park, and his 'smallholding' is his parent's second home in Dorset, where he still lives with them. But look at his socials and you'd be convinced he's a hard working independent farmer! And now he has a BOOK DEAL. With no real life experience or expertise to speak of, just a pretty blonde boy bleeping around with a couple of goats and making a lot of pasta dishes at his parents house with no income and no expenses.

Idk why this enrages me so much, maybe it's because I'm starting to see it everywhere. Kids of wealthy parents who have apparently made their passion project (be it painting, cooking, fitness, whatever) into a livelihood, but actually are just bums cosplaying as independent small business owners. So many kids are going to follow these people and look up to them, and assume that lifestyle is attainable because they're so opaque about how they afforded it in the first place. And they all just go on and get pats on the back, book deals, interviews, sponsorships and become spokespeople for important issues (farmboy is on a campaign about 'people knowing where their food comes from' - that's nice, but I don't think people trying to feed their families on £10/week care about organic produce) and they are NOT authorities on these subjects but they pretend to be, and people listen.

I'll leave it there but I just needed to vent. I've been raging about this phenomenon all week and my boyfriend doesn't get why I'm so mad about it 😅😅
Surely it’s clear that Britain is riddled with *structural* inequality which ensures that opportunity, grace and advantage are always disproportionately conferred by the powerful upon those who speak and look a certain way.

As such, does not the undermerited progress of each of these beamish exemplars along their frictionless, sunlit avenues — from which povvos are understandably excluded for their exemplary lack of Talent and Quality (or by the hateful status quo, in which the beamish exemplars have no guiding, profiting, despoiling, sleightful, prevaricating
hand) — *naturally* trigger you, as it might anyone with a sense of social justice?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Sorry but this BBC Radio 5 talk - how is she in any way qualified to talk about energy prices and inflation?!

She has never, and will never, have to worry about money in her life. She won’t have any true understanding of how hard these things are/will hit the working class and 10s of millions of people, no matter how much she tries to downplay her privilege and pretend she struggled financially as a student.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Sorry but this BBC Radio 5 talk - how is she in any way qualified to talk about energy prices and inflation?!

She has never, and will never, have to worry about money in her life. She won’t have any true understanding of how hard these things are/will hit the working class and 10s of millions of people, no matter how much she tries to downplay her privilege and pretend she struggled financially as a student.
I hope they ask her her opinion on this news story as well… Would love to hear how she’d spin her riches to riches tale.
39487F16-F20D-4AA2-AB53-F071036F9E73.png
07235660-9796-4A34-984F-5E49E690E135.png
70C5A0FC-DA60-428D-999E-9B0546C7C22C.png
8946566B-FC22-4478-A09D-DBB2247A2909.png

Reactions: 14
She must be trolling with that schedule surely?
8am lie in
"running on 1% battery. I never learn!"
Half hour to sort our her bills cause she was charged FOUR TIMES her usual bill

She's starting therapy so glad she's taking advice from tattle

Won't even comment on the BBC thing, what a joke

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She’s got lodgers, sorry I mean live-in bestest friends, to pay the mortgage/bills

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.