Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That meme was only posted a few pages ago, is she trolling šŸ˜¬šŸ¤£ correct me if Iā€™m wrong but a coffee machine and food and drink facilities should be the bare minimum not a cool hip gen Z google HQ feature
I saw something online a while ago about how startups and tech companies should pay their employees more, ensure there's a good work/life balance, and have better benefits (and healthcare in the US context) rather than provide tit like tennis tables or sleep pods.

Reactions: 22
can't justify not having a front seam but can justify long sleeve tops with a cut out over the cleavage... make it make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Is that really the reason Grace, or are you just worried people have realised youā€™re in France for the umpteenth time and are in fact, not a sustainable boss babe?
if there's a new collection already they can frig off

Reactions: 12
can someone post screenshots or summarize the business insider article? dying to know what her productivity tips are prob so funny

Reactions: 2
I've found a pdf of the get shreddy guide online and was wondering if anyone had tried it? I'm newish to weights and it does seem rather straightforward/adaptable.

Reactions: 2
I've found a pdf of the get shreddy guide online and was wondering if anyone had tried it? I'm newish to weights and it does seem rather straightforward/adaptable.
Iā€™m assuming this is the b_nd guide? If so, I actually do like them - theyā€™re designed by a PT and are well structured. Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re 100% newbie friendly as it includes deadlifts, squats and some complex moves but you could just try them on a light weight or adapt them ā˜ŗ But yeah Iā€™ve tried both the home and gym guide, think they are pretty decent

Reactions: 3
Yeah if this is the B_ND guide I actually quite liked it. I thought it was a little repetitive but thereā€™s enough variety to keep interest. Also as a newbie you probably want simple repetitive guides so you can nail those compound movements!

Be careful with these and look up form- If I remember rightly on some of those PDFs some of the pictures aren't the right moves or the instructions don't quite match up right. The food guides were WAY worse but I did spot quite a few mistakes on the B_ND guides.

Reactions: 8
so the announcement was that she raised Ā£4 million... the fact that she still talks about sustainability and pretends to care about anything other than making money is so beyond me. we already buy way too many clothes and her business actively encourages people to buy more with multiple collections a year and bad quality product made from plastic. the only reason ppl care at all about sustainability is bc of the work of activists who make legit sacrifices to raise awareness... and grez just wants to hop on the bandwagon and make some money off of it. sick of this honestly

Attachments

Reactions: 25
so the announcement was that she raised Ā£4 million... the fact that she still talks about sustainability and pretends to care about anything other than making money is so beyond me. we already buy way too many clothes and her business actively encourages people to buy more with multiple collections a year and bad quality product made from plastic. the only reason ppl care at all about sustainability is bc of the work of activists who make legit sacrifices to raise awareness... and grez just wants to hop on the bandwagon and make some money off of it. sick of this honestly
She was away in France, Marbella and Ibiza for the majority of July and August, she was definitely not the one spending "10 hours a day modelling and pitching for 6 weeks", why can't she ever just give the credit to the people who obviously have real financial and business experience that secured this for her? Also Primark have sustainable activewear now, so again it's not all eye watering prices ffs, to me Ā£60 for leggings is eye watering but Grace has no awareness of what normal people can afford

Reactions: 46
That meme was only posted a few pages ago, is she trolling šŸ˜¬šŸ¤£ correct me if Iā€™m wrong but a coffee machine and food and drink facilities should be the bare minimum not a cool hip gen Z google HQ feature
Her teeth look bleeping awful what is that composite bonding and heavy whitening?? Why do all Instagrammers look like clones of each other???

Just reposting what someone posted in an old thread because itā€™s hilarious. This post was from 2020 when people were looking into whether she actually owns Talaā€¦ā€¦

If we look at the two companies Grace actually owns (shreddy and BND), long before they became limited, Grace was already selling bands and guides. So for Grace, there wasnā€™t too much risk in making what was essentially her own merch shop, into an actual company.

But for TALA, thereā€™s much greater risk as this something she's never done before. So essentially the parent company takes a lot of the risk away from her. They'll fund TALA and will probably have had the existing infrastructure, or contacts with the infrastructure, needed to create and distribute clothing. Because their only other trademark is the Anna Saccone range, I'd guess their company was set up purely with the intent of flogging influencers' merch (which is what we all guessed when there was chat about Genflow).

What it all boils down to is Grace is liable for her own companies but not TALA. TALA isn't even Grace's intellectual property, she doesn't own it.

I'd guess Group Seventy One will let Grace have significant control over TALA decisions because it's not in their interests not to and that she'll get paid a percentage of TALA's profits. But ultimately, if they decided to part ways (without knowing exactly what the specific T's and C's of their contract with Grace is) the brand would stay with them.

I'd be interested to see who's payroll the TALA staff are actually on, whether it be Group Seventy One or even one of her own companies'. What I will say though is that what I've said above is the most basic, black and white example of how the running of TALA could be managed but we just don't know because Grace likes to make out that she owns the company even though we now know for sure she doesn't.

Another really frustrating thing is that, because TALA isn't a limited company in it's own right, the accounts aren't public. We'll be able to look at Group Seventy One's accounts but it's highly unlikely we'd be able to apportion however much of them to TALA. So all we've got to go on is those stories Grace put up the other week showing millions of pounds in profits and there's no real way of verifying them.

ETA - In my opinion, Grace likes to show the factory and employees to add to the illusion that the company is hers. She doesn't need to do this so much with the others as a quick google search shows she's director of the companies. Also, I'd imagine she's using the same outsourced people for both BND and Shreddy as she did with her original merch so they probably don't fit with her whole girl boss image

also if you look in companies house you can see that shreddy makes like 5k a year. Multi million my bum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Grace loves to say the revenues of her business in a way that it sounds like those are the net profits to make them sound way better than they are. She canā€™t say how profitable Tala actually is without contradicting herself on the tiny margins they claim to have. Itā€™s the same with SHREDDY, she loves to mention the numbers and costs while forgettjng she has mentioned they pay their app developer around 15k a month alone (which I donā€™t believe for a minute they can afford a salary of 180k)

Reactions: 20
I hope that Ā£4m is going to boost her staff wages! But of course it wont

Reactions: 10
I hope that Ā£4m is going to boost her staff wages! But of course it wont
Hm considering a cash injection like that is usually aimed at getting more profit out of the business rather than less, then doubt it

Reactions: 4
Another really frustrating thing is that, because TALA isn't a limited company in it's own right, the accounts aren't public. We'll be able to look at Group Seventy One's accounts but it's highly unlikely we'd be able to apportion however much of them to TALA. So all we've got to go on is those stories Grace put up the other week showing millions of pounds in profits and there's no real way of verifying them.
Update on this - TALA is now Ltd. Thereā€™s a weird ownership structure with a new TALA Holdings Ltd company that includes Grace and the investors and then separate WE ARE TALA Ltd, with Grace and Morgan Fowles as directors and the TALA holding company as a ā€œperson with significant controlā€

No accounts filed yet for either so nothing exciting to see there.

Reactions: 4
I find it quite weird how much TALA/Grace are promoting this new investment. Is it normal for a company to plaster all over social media that theyā€™ve received a large investment?

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.