Grace Beverley #18 Jeffrey Grezos: Flying all over for some French baguette, ignoring Ziggy lest we forget

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everytime she doesn’t wake up at 6 she has to haircut why she’s up at 8 lol we don’t care. View attachment 1014949
her work consists of choosing colours and picking her favourite influencers to gift stuff to..? Also hates toxic productivity but goes to the gym every morning (makes excuses if she doesn't, can never just be a rest day), and never includes a lunch hour.

Reactions: 30
her work consists of choosing colours and picking her favourite influencers to gift stuff to..? Also hates toxic productivity but goes to the gym every morning (makes excuses if she doesn't, can never just be a rest day), and never includes a lunch hour.
And only listens to podcasts about business 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I would love to message my daily schedule (I work in emergency services) to her but feel like I would get immediately blocked because no-one else can possibly have it harder than Grez.

6am - wake up!!! No time or effort for exercise as I finished 4 hours late the evening before.
7am - get in my tit car and drive an hour in traffic to work because we can’t all move from coffee shop to coffee shop everyday ‘block tasking’ (idk what block tasking means).
8am - ???? Wrestle someone off a bridge, probs get spat at, don’t get to eat lunch/buy lunch and let it get cold as I’ve had to do something more important, probably end the day by seeing something horrific.
5pm - still at work as I’m off late and there’s not enough staff
8pm - eventually make it home. Only 2 hours off late today! Get a 99p cheeseburger from Maccies and immediately go to bed. Dread doing it allll again tomorrow.

still not as hard as Grez works tho

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I like how she added more info about her tasks and what the approvals are. Obviously reads here

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel like this discussion has been had before. I don’t think it’s fair to presume someone is fetishising a race because they are dating someone of that race. In itself, the person presuming that surely is the one fetishising by reducing it to that?

however, I am not dismissing it or denying that it happens and I have a feeling Grace is prone to it based on previous comments.
to me, fetishising , amongst other things = saying you “only date X”, laughing and joking along with stereotypes about that race including making them yourself or not correcting someone else when they do the same, and so on. (I’m sure you know the ones I mean but I don’t want to type them).

I can only speak from my own experience and there’s a lot more that can be said on it.
Great post. Nice one.

Reactions: 2
I would love to message my daily schedule (I work in emergency services) to her but feel like I would get immediately blocked because no-one else can possibly have it harder than Grez.

6am - wake up!!! No time or effort for exercise as I finished 4 hours late the evening before.
7am - get in my tit car and drive an hour in traffic to work because we can’t all move from coffee shop to coffee shop everyday ‘block tasking’ (idk what block tasking means).
8am - ???? Wrestle someone off a bridge, probs get spat at, don’t get to eat lunch/buy lunch and let it get cold as I’ve had to do something more important, probably end the day by seeing something horrific.
8pm - eventually make it home. Only 2 hours off late today! Get a 99p cheeseburger from Maccies and immediately go to bed. Dread doing it allll again tomorrow.

You're incredible and frankly Grez wouldn't make it til midday in your job. Thank you for everything you do <3

• Heart
Reactions: 31
there’s a difference between finding something attractive and having a fetish.. i find men with beards more attractive but it’s obviously not a fetish. am i discriminating against men without beards? is this fetishisation of beards?? make it make sense, we all have preferences. people can prefer lighter/darker skin tones, hair colours or literally anything without it being a fetish. just because you find something attractive doesn’t mean you’re ‘making someone the object of sexual desire based on that one aspect of their identity’
using the term “a fetish” is very different to fetishisation esp racial fetishisation and actually quite reductive of this issue and unhelpful in this conv. i beg you spend just 5 minutes reading about this just to broaden your understanding. our good sis @DietGossip has made some stunning recommendations and there are of course the voices of several Black people/Ppl of color in this thread who are sharing experiences which could aid your learning
the fetishisation of Black people men explicitly in this context goes way beyond “just preferring people with brown skin” and is as always related to centuries of enslavement oppression discrimination of the Black body

there’s a difference between finding something attractive and having a fetish.. i find men with beards more attractive but it’s obviously not a fetish. am i discriminating against men without beards? is this fetishisation of beards?? make it make sense, we all have preferences. people can prefer lighter/darker skin tones, hair colours or literally anything without it being a fetish. just because you find something attractive doesn’t mean you’re ‘making someone the object of sexual desire based on that one aspect of their identity’
using the term “a fetish” is very different to fetishisation esp racial fetishisation and actually quite reductive of this issue and unhelpful in this conv. i beg you spend just 5 minutes reading about this just to broaden your understanding. our good sis @DietGossip has made some stunning recommendations and there are of course the voices of several Black people/Ppl of color in this thread we are sharing experiences which could aid your learning
the fetishisation of Black people men explicitly in this context goes way beyond “just preferring people with brown skin” and is as always related to centuries of enslavement oppression discrimination of the Black body

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Genuine question

When does fetish of skin colour become non-racial but a general wrong from all different races/ethnic groups?

I have a white friend that will only date white men, 2 *Coloured* friends, one only wants to date Korean or Chinese men, and the other only wants to date white men and an Indian friend who only wants to date Indian and white men.
*please note where I am from the term "Coloured" is not racist as it is an official ethnic group, you can look up "Cape Coloured". Spelt without the "u" then that would be a term mostly used in the UK and USA by racist people.

I can understand that historically POC were taken advantage of in appalling manners and that still currently has an effect on how POC view themselves, how white people view POC or how white people think they can view POC.

At the same time other racial/ethnic groups also have a fetish for different races/ethnic groups.

Same as with hair
Years and years of racism towards POC hair made woman feel shameful and westernized their hair to fit in to the workplace etc.
Again I understand this still has a current effect even though there is awareness of self love and POC pride.
At the same time that is happening you walk into the shops and your shampoo bottle shames everyone's hair outright
Thin flat hair needs volume
Hair with volume needs taming
No one should have frizz.
Curls should be defined.
It's like saying there is something wrong with everyones hair and everyone needs to fix it and not embrace their natural form. The amount of hairdressers telling me to cut my split ends and stop straightening my hair because it's damaged even though it's just the natural state of my hair to be super frizzy.

When do these issues group together to be problematic for all races.
Is it offensive to group POC issues to issues that are currently the same for other races because of the historical atrocities associated? Or what would be wrong with grouping these issues?

I'm normally too scared to ask questions because I seriously don't want to offend anyone but I can't learn without asking. And also keen to be guided to asking questions the right way etc.
Also understand it's not anyones responsiblity to answer my questions and help guide me so just to say up front that I do really appreciate any feedback.

Reactions: 1
Genuine question

When does fetish of skin colour become non-racial but a general wrong from all different races/ethnic groups?

I have a white friend that will only date white men, 2 *Coloured* friends, one only wants to date Korean or Chinese men, and the other only wants to date white men and an Indian friend who only wants to date Indian and white men.
*please note where I am from the term "Coloured" is not racist as it is an official ethnic group, you can look up "Cape Coloured". Spelt without the "u" then that would be a term mostly used in the UK and USA by racist people.

I can understand that historically POC were taken advantage of in appalling manners and that still currently has an effect on how POC view themselves, how white people view POC or how white people think they can view POC.

At the same time other racial/ethnic groups also have a fetish for different races/ethnic groups.

Same as with hair
Years and years of racism towards POC hair made woman feel shameful and westernized their hair to fit in to the workplace etc.
Again I understand this still has a current effect even though there is awareness of self love and POC pride.
At the same time that is happening you walk into the shops and your shampoo bottle shames everyone's hair outright
Thin flat hair needs volume
Hair with volume needs taming
No one should have frizz.
Curls should be defined.
It's like saying there is something wrong with everyones hair and everyone needs to fix it and not embrace their natural form. The amount of hairdressers telling me to cut my split ends and stop straightening my hair because it's damaged even though it's just the natural state of my hair to be super frizzy.

When do these issues group together to be problematic for all races.
Is it offensive to group POC issues to issues that are currently the same for other races because of the historical atrocities associated? Or what would be wrong with grouping these issues?

I'm normally too scared to ask questions because I seriously don't want to offend anyone but I can't learn without asking. And also keen to be guided to asking questions the right way etc.
Also understand it's not anyones responsiblity to answer my questions and help guide me so just to say up front that I do really appreciate any feedback.
idk if this might be deleted for derailing
as might all the stuff i’ve posted today but anyway
all yours friends dating choices sound pretty wtf to me

the issue with fetishisation of Black men specifically in grezticles case is that she doesn’t have any Black friends or even associates? she doesn’t seem to mix with anyone other than people like herself (white upper class reeking of all the privilege etc)

also it’s worth being mindful that some issues are Black issues so for instance afro hair rather than issues for all Ppl of color and needed to be stated as such. there is some racism and behaviors that is specifically anti-black

Your hair
comment very reductive
for me - your frizzy split ends have never stopped you from getting a job, how i style my 3C Hair has all kind of implications for me in the World. the issue you are raising here seems to be more about the “we Will point out your problems and provide the solution” issue of the beauty industry

• Heart
Reactions: 22

You are amazing ❤

Reactions: 4
She’s tactical with it though. her schedule today says she starts at 8:30 and finishes at 5:15. Adds a disclaimer to say imagine complaining this much for a day tat finishes at 5 (because she knows most her followers will work 9-5).

she doesn’t do the early mock finishes for days where she works 10-4 with a 3 hour gifted lunch though does she. Because people would tell her to duck off

she chooses times she can look relatable, but people will still say “babe you work so hard though, business reading on your lunch and checking emails at 7pm”

I also think mocking this day is another example of her contributing to toxic hustle culture she felt entitled towrite a book on.

Reactions: 21
Getting very sick of her schedules. Why is she making a big song and dance of finishing at 5.15. If you actually work a hard working day then finishing at 5.15 should be enough. She shouldn’t be suggesting that it’s lazy to finish at that time. Honestly when will these schedules end.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.