Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Does anyone watch Gilmore Girls?
I have been obsessed for years, since it was on E4 and now that it's on Netflix ,it's all I watch! I've seen every episode multiple times and the more I watch the more I start to hate the Gilmore Girls but love the other characters - Paris Geller is a queen!
I really, really, hated the revival too...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

queenamber

VIP Member
Almost done with my rewatch and I've decided Emily is my favourite character now.

Yes she's a cold mother (to say the least!) but she steals the scenes every time and her quippy dialogue is just perfection!

IT'S GOODWILL LORELAI, NOT SOTHEBYS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Rewatching a year in the life, Rory is so stuck up. She walked into that Sandy Says thinking she was better than everyone and deserved that job. I really like high school Rory but she loses that lovable charm when she goes off to Yale.

Reactions: 15

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Anyone really not like April’s mum? When Luke is trying to think of a way to make April’s move to Mexico smoother he makes some good suggestions and she shoots him down. Pretty rich of her given she never told Luke about April? She acts so high and mighty!

Reactions: 14

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I’ve just finished all seven series, not watched the revivals yet but for me the moment i began to loathe Lorelei was when she got so high and mighty about Rory losing her virginity. It just wasn’t her business and she vilified Rory for it. It wasn’t an ideal scenario, with Dean being married, but it was none of Lorelei’s business.
That was actually one of my favourite Lorelai moments and I think she was 100% justified. You saying it's "not an ideal scenario that he was married" is totally downplaying it - her 19-year-old daughter slept with someone else’s husband in Lorelai's house on Lorelai's big night after kissing Luke. Rory is not immune from being called out on any of that. Also Rory was romanticizing the affair and not thinking through the consequences of her actions and saying stuff like “Dean took the ring off” and “he's my Dean” really grosses me out and makes you realize just how naive she is about the whole thing. sorry for the rant lol, I just really hate cheaters 😅

I do agree with you tho that Gilmore Girls in general is super weird about sex/virginity throughout - like Lane getting pregnant her first time, the "I've got the good kid" line when Paris loses her virginity and that awful scene where Jess tries to force Rory to have sex... 😬

Reactions: 14

queenamber

VIP Member
My toxic trait is that I think Mitchum Huntzberger was exactly right about Rory. She doesn't have "it" as a journalist! She ran back to Stars Hollow to be coddled every chance she got and we're expected to believe she wanted to be a foreign correspondent in potential war zones!? Never added up to me.

Reactions: 13

Lumpfish

VIP Member
One of my favs is the house party where Dean and Jess fight and then Lorelai picks Rory up ‘this litter is because of you? this fence is broken because of you?! Did you ever know that your my hero....”🤣🤣

My favourite scenes are the ones with Paris, I love her and I also love Doyle. Their “last year I was sleeping with the editor” ‘and this year I am!’ at Rory’s 21st was comedy gold.

Smca53

VIP Member
Anyone really not like April’s mum? When Luke is trying to think of a way to make April’s move to Mexico smoother he makes some good suggestions and she shoots him down. Pretty rich of her given she never told Luke about April? She acts so high and mighty!
The entire Anna and April storyline is unbearable imo, mainly because of Anna

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Gilmore Girls is one of my comfort shows! I love it. Although i really hate Rory!
same, when it gets to autumn I start rewatching it because I love the autumn/winter episodes. I don’t mind Rory until she goes off to Yale, she becomes a real bitch. The early seasons give me early 2000s nostalgia.

Reactions: 12

DrLoomis

Ah I always get excited when this thread comes back. I always hope that is the announcement of a new series. I started a rewatch a few weeks ago but it didn't feel like the right time. I'll wait until next month when the nights start coming in. It isn't Autumn without the Gilmore Girls.

"Oy with the poodles already!"

• Heart
Reactions: 12

yellowmellow

VIP Member
Emily, Paris and Michel are my MVPs of Gilmore Girls. After a while Lorelei and Rory just start grate. Especially Rory.

Reactions: 11

Rahrah

The revival ruined it for me. Rory and Loralai were spoiled and entitled in the original but the writers made them charming. The reboot really leaned into how awful they are.
Paris and Emily the MVPs of the whole thing.
They should never have kept Lane and Zack together, it’s just so depressing watching Lane, a women full of promise stuck with Zack.

Mookiegoose

I used to love it but if I try and rewatch I literally stop when Logan comes on the scene - literally the worst character
I actually like Logan the most out of all of Rory's blokes. He was a spoilt little arsehole but didn't pretend to be anything else, unlike Rory. It was a stupid mistake for Rory not to marry him.

I usually want to punch Lorelei by about season 3!

Mayday

VIP Member
I was team Jess.

I'll admit that he was a shit boyfriend. I feel like he didn't know how to deal with emotions and actually be there for someone - he definitely needed therapy or something to work through his shitty childhood/upbringing (not saying thats an excuse though). However, I think he grew a lot - he was the one who got Rory to go back to Yale and wake up, and he wrote a book and paved a path for himself despite not doing well in school. Its just a shame that by the time he was ready and mature enough to be a good boyfriend, that she picked Logan over him.

Saying that, I don't think Rory really deserved Jess in the end...I feel like the revival set it up for him to be her 'Luke' and step up in that sense, but he could've done better. Rory hadn't matured at all in the revival and was kind of awful.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Does anyone think they’ll ever do more episodes? I feel like Lauren graham would do it from things she’s said.
I listen to Scott Pattersons (who plays Luke) podcast religiously and he said in the one released a few days ago that he'd heard that Lauren and Amy Sherman Palladino had sat down together over the holidays to discuss schedules!! Praying something comes of it and they end it well 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

In other news, I'm on my millionth rewatch and on the dance marathon episode, one of my all time faves! ❤

• Heart
  • Wow

Gilmoregirl18

As you can tell by my username I am a fan. It’s my “safe” programme, when everything gets abit too much watching it calms me down.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

AmyLou!

Oh my God, just found this... I love the Gilmore Girls. Like a lot of people have said, its one of my comfort shows, one I can watch, not fully concentrate on but still see it if that makes sense. I love Logan, Emily, Richard, Michel & Luke oh and Paris. Loralei and Rory annoy me generally. Finding this tread has made me realise its been maybe 12 months since watching it, going home tonight to rewatch for about the 6th time LOL.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Omg I didn't know there was a Gilmore Girls thread!!! I've grown up with the show, and my family has watched it more times than I can count. What are everyone's favourite episodes? My all-time favourite is Liz and TJ's wedding where Luke and Lorelai dance together - Luke can waltz! I also love series 6 when Jess comes back and talks some sense into Rory - wHy DiD yOu DrOp OuT oF YaLeEeEeeeee?! (you have to read that in the Jess voice haha) - and when Emily chats shit to Logan's mother. Oh, and series 1 where Richard has his first heart attack and Luke comes to the hospital with Lorelai.

I hated the revival, but I did cry buckets when Rory went into Richard's old study to write her book at the end of the final episode. I missed Edward Hermann's performance as Richard a lot.

• Heart