Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cocoapops

I always do a re watch at this time of year and each year I hate Rory a little more 😂 but I am Team Jess 👌
Also rewatching and have just reached Jess bringing his book to Rory and Logan being an idiot towards him - Jess certainly improved with age and would have been perfect for Rory in my opinion!

Noticing a lot of posts on the Gilmore Girls Instagram page lately… Is there something new in the pipeline I wonder?

Reactions: 8

F the dust.

VIP Member
Used to love Gilmore girls 😃 Even though I used to wonder how they ate so much and were so thin🤣 I know it's not real....

Monkeymagic85

Chatty Member
Now her and Christopher are together 🤮 just not loving this outcome. Really hoping for a Luke and Lorelai reunion by the end of the season or in the follow up season.

but yeah Rory just seems to not get anything that interesting? I think Alexis could have been given better acting opps too as when she’s given something a bit juicier she does well. I know it’s more light hearted and wholesome and I love that aspect of the show, I’m just a bit bored of Rory’s whole storyline.

I also felt like there was no chemistry in any of her relationships, especially Dean.
I hate Dean, he was always such a prick to her! Gave me controlling vibes! I liked her and Logan together best

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
I hate the American TV Trope of secretly having rich, well connected relatives, because it's so unfathomable that otherwise a POOR PERSON could be successful.

Especially distasteful was the way Rory's grandad basically bought her a place at an Ivy by knowing the right people and getting her an in. How is that portrayed as such a good thing and not the most egregious and gross example of institutional corruption.

TBH the only thing I liked about the show was Paris. Team Paris.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
He was proven right by time we got AYITL. I can’t stand him but he was bang on with Rory.
The problem with Rory is that she has spent her entire life being told by everyone she was amazing and perfect at everything. The first time someone, anyone told her that she wasn’t was always going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Paris Geller is literally the only thing I like about this show.
"Now I'm not in the habit of quoting Joseph Stalin..."

• Haha

sleepingpanda

VIP Member
So currently in the middle of my yearly re watch of Gilmore Girls and we’ve got the point of Rory now at Yale - this is where I start to hate the character.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I’m so glad I found this thread! I’m rewatching, I’m on season 5. I’m personally team Jess, and always will be, but I do think Logan is better suited to Rory. On my first watch through, I really liked Rory and Lorelei, but now I’m not so sure. They entitlement is incredible. 😂 I know it’s just a tv show but why do they think the world owes them something. That’s why I think Logan is better suited to Rory, cos she was an easy life as rich woman who gets everything she wants 😂

I do love the show and always will, I just don’t particularly enjoy the fact that it’s set around a family who pretend to be hard done by but are actually beyond privileged 😂 So glad I’ve found people to talk about this to!
I adore the show but completely agree with you! There's an ep where Lorelai cancels her magazine subscriptions to try and save money and turns off her lamp on her side table to "save" on electricity and it just makes me cringe. Your parents are multi-millionaires Lorelai 😅

I also love when Logan calls Rory out on her entitlement in series 7 when she writes that nasty article about people at his business launch party - "Wake up Rory whether you like it or not, you’re one of us. You went to prep school. You go to Yale. Your grandparents are building a whole damn astronomy building in your name."

Lola Ruby

Didn't watch GG when it was still on TV and was after a new show to binge. A friend had said to me ages ago, oooh you'll love Gilmore Girls so I started watching it months ago but only got 5 mins in and decided I wasn't really in the mood for it. So glad I gave it another go because I love it and it really is perfect for autumn, my absolute favourite season 🥰 I'm halfway through season 1 too! Trying not to look through this thread much until I'm a bit further in as I did that with another show thread and read too many spoilers 😂

• Heart

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Rory was the worst. Her character really went in the wrong direction. The last season/film at the beginning where she 'forgot' her boyfriends name was just so unfunny. Jess was the best boyfriend but she didn't deserve him. Her and Logan deserve each other, both horrible people.

Mookiegoose

I'd like them to do another reunion, just to see what happened to Spoilt Brat and Logan and the baby. Both Gilmore Girls have their own name in my house, Spoilt Brat for Rory and Fickle Slut for Lorelai.

I've only discovered Gilmore Girls recently (just last year) and have re-watched them all three times now. It's quite relaxing viewing that doesn't require too much thinking about.

My husband laughs at me shouting at the TV. I shout at all the characters and can't understand some of their reactions to situations. I would have told the following to fuck right off on several occasions:

All of them probably, but mainly Paris, Taylor, Emily, and Mrs Kim. That's not to say I don't like them as characters but they take the piss at times.

Poor Lane, she had the shittest storyline in the end. Pregnant after one shag with twins to a total loser. Did she ever have sex again?

All of the blokes are arseholes in their own way. Dean is possessive and blames Rory for everything. In fact, Rory is so shite at picking men, she seems to spend her entire time placating them for some supposed slight. Honest Luke not so honest after all. The whole fiasco with his horrible little daughter was just ridiculous. I quite liked Logan and wish that Rory had just accepted his proposal. Her principles left her with absolutely fuck all by the end. I would have used every offer Mitchum gave me. Might as well have played him at his own game. It's not like she didn't love Logan. I can't imagine it would have been the hardest life to live.

Am back to Gossip Girl again for now. Might give Stars Hollow a miss for a couple of months otherwise I might end up knowing the whole script!

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Rewatching a year in the life, Rory is so stuck up. She walked into that Sandy Says thinking she was better than everyone and deserved that job. I really like high school Rory but she loses that lovable charm when she goes off to Yale.
I agree, her personality totally changed. I would love another series just to see what happened

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
I think I’m Team Jess, I’ve become more anti Rory in my old age haha. Dean was fine but a bit of a wet lettuce, Logan just acts like he doesn’t know Rory at all and Jess was a misguided youth but probably the best for her.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I can’t stand that they pretend to be ‘poor’! Rory gets handed everything, her grandparents pay for her to attend the best schools, she gets a job after college through her boyfriend at the time, she got a free trip to Europe through her grandmother....And also, when people are genuinely on a budget, do they order a takeaway every night?! No! 😂
One thing I don’t like is how Emily speaks to her help. I know the show is getting old now but it just doesn’t sit well with me.

slugella

VIP Member
Idk if this is an unpopular opinion lol but I am not a huge Luke fan, he has some episodes where I like him more, but overall don't find him that interesting or likeable. It's like his default mode is to rain on any fun and be really grumpy. 😂 but the episodes where him and Loreali have their sweet moments and his nice gestures for her are cute.

Jess is also awful now I'm older but love the actor so it makes me like him still 😅 though I saw a reel on IG about how he was abusive to Alexis when they dated, no idea if true but I googled at the time and there were a lot of old reddit posts etc about it.

yellowmellow

VIP Member
I’m just on season 5 and I had to rediscover this thread to vent my hatred of Rory! Good lord why does she think she’s so special? Why does everything fall at her feet? She’s a complete dork and she has guys falling over themselves to be with her. It’s not realistic at all. Emily is my absolute fave closely followed by Paris! I like Christopher but just want lorelei to stay with Luke now but I know that doesn’t happen 🙄

sleepingpanda

VIP Member
Jess knew her and understood her. He was the perfect match for Rory as he wouldn’t have allowed her to drop out of Yale for a year