Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gilmore girls has always been my comfort blanket, If I have lots on my mind and can’t switch off, this is the perfect escapism I think. Certain parts still make me laugh. I love the small town charm, and how the relationships with each other are.. of course Luke and Lorelai were meant to be together!
You should try Hart of Dixie and Parenthood for that cosy comfortable escapism.

Reactions: 4
I was team Jess.

I'll admit that he was a tit boyfriend. I feel like he didn't know how to deal with emotions and actually be there for someone - he definitely needed therapy or something to work through his crappy childhood/upbringing (not saying thats an excuse though). However, I think he grew a lot - he was the one who got Rory to go back to Yale and wake up, and he wrote a book and paved a path for himself despite not doing well in school. Its just a shame that by the time he was ready and mature enough to be a good boyfriend, that she picked Logan over him.

Saying that, I don't think Rory really deserved Jess in the end...I feel like the revival set it up for him to be her 'Luke' and step up in that sense, but he could've done better. Rory hadn't matured at all in the revival and was kind of awful.

Reactions: 11
I’m just on season 5 and I had to rediscover this thread to vent my hatred of Rory! Good lord why does she think she’s so special? Why does everything fall at her feet? She’s a complete dork and she has guys falling over themselves to be with her. It’s not realistic at all. Emily is my absolute fave closely followed by Paris! I like Christopher but just want lorelei to stay with Luke now but I know that doesn’t happen 🙄

Reactions: 8
Rory is always the other girl and it's shocking how the highly self obsessed and high morale Gilmore girls don't recognize that. She always falls for boys who have girlfriends and then act hurt when she started something that couldn't happen anyway. Lorelei needs help! Her issues with Christopher are just mind-blowing... I think she is really immature and petulant

Reactions: 6
Rory was the worst. Her character really went in the wrong direction. The last season/film at the beginning where she 'forgot' her boyfriends name was just so unfunny. Jess was the best boyfriend but she didn't deserve him. Her and Logan deserve each other, both horrible people.

Reactions: 8
I thought Lorelei and Rory were pretty likeable at first. I liked the dynamic of mom and daughter being best friends etc etc. Although I've never liked how Lorelei treated Emily. I cringed myself inside out when Rory asked Logan to dance at the renewal and asked if he was going to ask her out... THEN she dragged him off for no strings sex. She truly has the sex appeal of a wet flannel.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Rory was the worst. Her character really went in the wrong direction. The last season/film at the beginning where she 'forgot' her boyfriends name was just so unfunny. Jess was the best boyfriend but she didn't deserve him. Her and Logan deserve each other, both horrible people.
I just rewatched and actually thought Jess was kinda terrible in bits. He clearly had a lot to deal with but wasn't always nice to Rory. He was still my favourite though but I think mostly cos I like the actor and I thought they had the best chemistry out of all her bfs. I didn't like Logan when he first came into it but actually grew to like him, until the revival anyway which was just dreadful!

Agree with comments about Rory. I actually liked in the revival that they showed her struggling and didn't make everything go perfectly for her like it always did in the series. But overall the episodes were really bad and her not remembering her boyfriends name what the hell was that? Very unfunny, and very out of character for Rory.

Yeah agree that was so strange about her forgetting the bf in the revival, I actually hated her in it 😅 if she was treated like that it would be ENTIRELY different 🙈😂

Reactions: 7
I think my favourite nod to the original series that was included in the revival was that the song Reflecting Light by Sam Phillips was playing during Luke and Lorelai’s wedding, like it did when they danced during Liz and TJ’s wedding :love: which was sort of the start of them becoming a thing.

Reactions: 6
I felt some of them were 'off' in the revival. It seemed like Alexis Bledel had forgotten what Rory sounded like and her voice was so much deeper. Sookie felt weird too.

As for the boyfriends... None of them. Jess was a horrible horrible boyfriend to her and they had to change his personality for them to have a realistic shot in the future. Plus, he's Luke's nephew so it all feels a bit twee. Logan is a spoilt brat. Dean is a wet blanket who Rory treated as below her (class wise and intellectually) towards the end of their relationship. I voted Dean because I liked him but would prefer to see her with Logan at a push

I’ve just started season 4 and wow. It has gotten bad.
Rory and Lorelei are going on my last nerve (even more than usual), I had to turn if off when Lorelei slept in Rory’s dorm?!

And what happened to Jess? He just left like that? 😂

Reactions: 3
I'm never keen on TV shows when they start college (Buffy, Dawson's Creek) but like those, it gets better the season after IMO.

Reactions: 3
Rory and Lorelei are going on my last nerve (even more than usual), I had to turn if off when Lorelei slept in Rory’s dorm?!

On season 6 and could strangle Rory and not feel any guilt really easily - She's like a child playing at being a grown-up thinking the world owes her something.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On season 6 and could strangle Rory and not feel any guilt really easily - She's like a child playing at being a grown-up thinking the world owes her something.
Loved it when Logan called her out about her privilege 😂 She benefited a lot from Richard and Emily's money - Chilton and Yale paid for, a car for graduation, trip to Europe. She even got a job with Mitchum because of Logan. Which is all fine but she never owned it and acted like she was better than Logan's rich circle. Dont get me wrong a lot of what Logan and his circle did made me cringe but doesn't cancel out Rorys behaviour.

Last edited:

Well Jess was meant to have his own spin off show.... but it never happened and then I guess the actor went on to do other things!!

I just rewatched and actually thought Jess was kinda terrible in bits. He clearly had a lot to deal with but wasn't always nice to Rory. He was still my favourite though but I think mostly cos I like the actor and I thought they had the best chemistry out of all her bfs. I didn't like Logan when he first came into it but actually grew to like him, until the revival anyway which was just dreadful!

Agree with comments about Rory. I actually liked in the revival that they showed her struggling and didn't make everything go perfectly for her like it always did in the series. But overall the episodes were really bad and her not remembering her boyfriends name what the hell was that? Very unfunny, and very out of character for Rory.
Probably had great chemistry because Milo and Alexis were dating in real life 😂

Yeah I found the boyfriend in the revival such an awful storyline as it made her look awful the way she treated this poor guy!!

I’m just on season 5 and I had to rediscover this thread to vent my hatred of Rory! Good lord why does she think she’s so special? Why does everything fall at her feet? She’s a complete dork and she has guys falling over themselves to be with her. It’s not realistic at all. Emily is my absolute fave closely followed by Paris! I like Christopher but just want lorelei to stay with Luke now but I know that doesn’t happen 🙄
Yes to all of this! Love Emily!

Reactions: 2
I felt sorry for Lorelei when Richard and Emily went behind her back with the whole boat stealing thing and Rory went crying to them.i know i would have reacted the same.
Love Luke and i think kirk is hilarious at times 😂

Reactions: 1
I used to love it, and like many as the seasons went on I came to loathe Rory. I still liked Lorelei, but obviously not as much as I did in the earlier seasons. I really felt bad for her when Rory went off with Emily and Richard and effectively shut her mother out. I couldn't stand that Rory couldn't seem to accept responsibility for things she did. By the end I'd hated her so much I skipped the revival.

Is it any wonder Rory turned out to be an entitled brat when Lorelei spent her life telling her and everyone else how special she was? Both of them were insufferable. I do remember as a kid wanting to live in Stars Hollow though - it seemed so idyllic.

Reactions: 9