Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I accompanied someone to an appointment in a breast clinic recently. You only go there if you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. One of the other patients in there that day, was a man. He looked to be in his 70's at least, and I daresay that he was bewildered, frightened, and quite possibly embarassed at being in such a female-centric place. But I bet he was also grateful, relieved that despite the pandemic, he had access to treatment, and he probably didn't lose too much sleep over having to read posters and leaflets that mostly had photos of women in them. I don't suppose that he considered going online to rant about how he was the only man there, and that no-one understood him, etc, etc.

Having access to safe abortion services is a privilege, even though it should be a right. No-one should take it for granted, and they certainly shouldn't whinge about signage, or the fact that it's not offered to "men", why would it be? 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Since when were human beings entitled to their outside matching how they feel they should look?

I have body dysmorphia and could on about this forever. We literally are our bodies, whether we like them or not.

It winds me up how they say "cis" women "affirm their gender" ass the time and why can't trans people do the same. Well, first of all, the performance of femininity is bleeping time consuming, expensive, exhausting and sometimes bleeping dangerous. We are not "affirming our gender", we are performing femininity to varying degrees to make it easier to move through a misogynist world.

Also, if women want a new set of tits or a nose job the NHS aren't expected to pay for it, because it's cosmetic, whether she thinks her outsides match her feelings or not.

Inside I feel like a millionaire who looks like a young Linda Evangalista but here I am with my comparatively average woman face and normal job. Sometimes you just get what you get in life.
I think this is what bothers me about the whole "gender affirming" thing. You or I wouldn't be able to get breast implants or other visual physical changes done to our bodies on the NHS if we were psychologically bothered by our appearance. Masculine-looking women aren't able to get 'feminisation' surgery from the NHS even if how they look causes depression.

I don't care what anyone wants to do to their own body but I do resent the suggestion that what are effectively just cosmetic changes are said to be "necessary" healthcare for trans people and they moan about waiting lists to get it for free. Even if those cosmetic changes are vital for your psychological welfare, the rest of us are not entitled to such a thing even if we also had serious mental health consequences over our appearance.

Reactions: 25
"The endangered trans community" :ROFLMAO:

This graphic is so enraging. Every single death was a tragedy. Every one. The vast majority of those lives were taken by men who see other bodies as sex objects. That's the real problem here: the objectification of sex workers (male AND female, including trans sex workers). Male violence is the issue. Not Rowling and her GC views. Not Marion Millar and her ribbon. Not Kathleen Stock and her academic research.

I'd have far more respect for the TRA community if the focused on fighting against violence towards sex workers, and fundraised for programs that help vulnerable people find pathways out of sex work in Brazil and other countries where the majority of these murders occured.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
to me it’s actually more comical as I can imagine the lightbulb moment when she found out she was pregnant. “ so even although I identify as a non binary trans man in a non traditional polyamorous relationship when I had sex with Xe a Druid who is a gender fluid queer identifying non human vegan activist I should have told xe/xir/xom to pull out and not cum in me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

“Our client, like many older people, urgently needed an assisted living facility like Sunrise,” GLAD Senior Attorney Ben Klein said in a statement. “She simply wants to be treated with dignity, compassion and understanding as she ages, like anyone else.”

The facility only had double-rooms, which meant that their client would be forced to share a room with an elderly women, hence the facility refusing to house them.

You can talk about dignity, compassion and understanding all you like but what about for an elderly woman who could possibly have personal care needs, or who is confused or suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's/Dementia, or had a history of sexual abuse, or has only ever shared a room with her husband as an adult.

Where would the dignity, compassion and understanding for her be?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

The facility only had double-rooms, which meant that their client would be forced to share a room with an elderly women, hence the facility refusing to house them.

You can talk about dignity, compassion and understanding all you like but what about for an elderly woman who could possibly have personal care needs, or who is confused or suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's/Dementia, or had a history of sexual abuse, or has only ever shared a room with her husband as an adult.

Precisely, imagine being the family of the elderly woman paying ££££ for her to stay in a good facility only to visit and find a male waving at you from the other bed. I would be furious, especially at a time where your mother, nanna, aunt, friend is so vulnerable. The transgender patient should apply to stay at a home where the rooms are singles, like many homes are.

Reactions: 18

Slightly off-topic, but what is the American obsession with multiple-occupancy rooms? It's the same at university there. Two or three people in a room. It really doesn't gel with the general American obsession with freedom and individuality.

Reactions: 18

Its like activists/lawyers/politicians are playing some kind of bizarre Top Trumps with transgender care always has to win

Reactions: 5
Its like activists/lawyers/politicians are playing some kind of bizarre Top Trumps with transgender care always has to win
Trans rights trump all other rights now it seems.

In every one of these stories its always ‘poor trans person’ and never a thought for the woman they are making uncomfortable/putting in danger/invading her privacy/dignity. It’s not to say anyone is insinuating that this elderly trans person would be up to no good. It’s just putting the women they’d be sharing a room with in that position in the first place. She might not have anyone to advocate for her either. It’s a joke.

Reactions: 12
It astounds me that a lot of women can't see what the hell is going on. One women's style group I'm in on facebook. A man joins who looks like Bruce Willis's ugly brother and they all fawn over him as if he's Coco Chanel.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
More doctors like this one need to speak out more -
no subscription link to story - https://archive.md/JE0GX
I hated dolls as a child to the point where I found them gross for some reason. Back in the 90’s this was called being a bit of a tomboy, it certainly wasn’t seen as any kind of problem that required medical assessment. It’s really scary how things have changed since then, we are going backwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It astounds me that a lot of women can't see what the hell is going on. One women's style group I'm in on facebook. A man joins who looks like Bruce Willis's ugly brother and they all fawn over him as if he's Coco Chanel.
Exactly. I am incapable of giving false compliments or praise, I just can't do it, so I'd never lie like some of these women do.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.