Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not just white women who do this: Jameela Jamil is a prime example
Privileged women seem to be the culprits of this. Jameela is an excellent example.
That is absolutely terrible journalism and just makes it look like JK is trying to cause trouble.
Hopefully the mainstream media will come full circle one day soon and retract what they have said and say, she was right all along.

Reactions: 6
Taken from another forum

"JKR has really nailed her transphobic flag to poll by showing support to all of the LGB Alliance people.

People have film themselves outside of her house for years but because a trans woman did it this one time she has turned it into a huge self obsessed drama. She basically blames all trans people by naming all the 'phobes who want trans rights revokes and conversion therapy kept legal. She is an enemy of LGBT people. "

There was also someone sharing a tweet made by H from Steps showing support for Mermaids along with a comment that said "Phew! I can still enjoy STEPS". What would stop someone enjoying Steps who wanted to? Will these nutters now no longer enjoy something until it has shown support for the trans community? It is utterly unhinged.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I've just had a look at Stonewall's Top 100 Employers 2020.

My old employer is on there. I worked in their main office for a year and it was the most toxic place I have ever worked 😂.

I note the list is made up of mostly large and/or magic circle law firms, government bodies, NHS Trusts, universities and banking/financial services.

So, organisations that have the resources to pay Stonewall for their advice then? What a bleeping racket.

Reactions: 17
I agree CookieZippy, it is unhinged. What makes me laugh with the example you mentioned is I can foresee quite easily that someone who liked Steps from when they were a child and before they even had thought about gender identity would suddenly after 20 odd years of liking Steps throw all of that out of the window because a member hadn‘t publicly declared their overwhelming support. It’s absolutely ridiculous and basically boils down to an assumption that just because somebody isn’t shouting and arguing with other people and calling for people to be deplatformed and the rest of it that they‘re “anti” something.

P S Whoever on that other forum said JK Rowling is an enemy of LGBT people is not speaking for me and I doubt I’ll be the only person who feels the same either.

Reactions: 11
I agree CookieZippy, it is unhinged. What makes me laugh with the example you mentioned is I can foresee quite easily that someone who liked Steps from when they were a child and before they even had thought about gender identity would suddenly after 20 odd years of liking Steps throw all of that out of the window because a member hadn‘t publicly declared their overwhelming support. It’s absolutely ridiculous and basically boils down to an assumption that just because somebody isn’t shouting and arguing with other people and calling for people to be deplatformed and the rest of it that they‘re “anti” something.

P S Whoever on that other forum said JK Rowling is an enemy of LGBT people is not speaking for me and I doubt I’ll be the only person who feels the same either.

It falls apart at the slightest examination when they say she is against LGBT people by showing support for LGB people. Make it make sense!

And yes it must get stressful never being sure if you can like something just incase!

Reactions: 11
Re Stonewall's Top 100 Employers 2020 - the fact there’s so many universities on the list says a lot. Capturing the younger generation coming through. As we’ve said time and time again, it is insidious. But I’m hoping the light that’s been shone on Stonewall lately means we will see a shift. My only fear is that as we speak Stonewall are trying to cook up some PR storm to bring things back in their favour. Watch this space.

Reactions: 8
I feel very sad thinking about the young women I know who have been drawn into gender ideology. They've all been cut from the same stock pretty much...outcasts for one reason or another. Mental health issues, self-harm, body image struggles - and often, although not always, same sex attracted. When JKR said she saw herself in them as a teen, that really resonated for me. If someone had floated the idea of being 'in the wrong body' I suspect I would have jumped at it. I know TRAs think we are cruel or whatever. But my interest in gender critical thinking was prompted by what I've seen with my own eyes. Sad, lonely girls being pathologised. Keira Bell is the tip of the iceberg.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I was having this conversation with my friend the other day about how potentially the most tedious people in all this bollocks (non binary aside) are white women who claim to be bisexual, have never actually had any kind of romantic relationship with another woman, are in long term relationships with men, but call those relationships queer? It's a straight relationship. It must be so annoying for actual bisexual people to know that their sexuality can so easily be co-opted by people who are in straight relationships just so they can feel special and different.
I used to follow someone on social media like this. She came out as 'queer' and stated she was in a 'queer' relationship (with a man) even though she had never been in a relationship with a woman. I unfollowed her immediately after lol.

To me it just takes the piss that a woman who has never had a relationship with another woman would call herself a slur that she's most likely never experienced. Even if it was in the spirit of "reclaiming" it - it's not hers to reclaim because she's never been the target. :cautious:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not just white women who do this: Jameela Jamil is a prime example
Oh for sure. The examples me and my friend know were all white that was all. I think @emmer_moans is right that it's a privilege thing though. Same with the non binary stuff. Easy way to become different and special without having to do anything at all

I totally understand the kind of woman you mean though. Those who made a big thing out of being queer or bisexual because they once had a drunken snog with a girl once and 10 times out of 10 always end up with men. Funny that!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Privileged women seem to be the culprits of this. Jameela is an excellent example.

Hopefully the mainstream media will come full circle one day soon and retract what they have said and say, she was right all along.
Definitely. It might take a long time but it’s inevitable that she will be the hero. It’s so widespread now that in 5-10 years there will be no denying the damage done to kids and young people

Reactions: 5
It's so easy to claim you're bisexual when you're married to a man and have never been with a woman. It's always about woke points. I think women who do so want to show they're something more than an average, straight married woman. But there's nothing wrong with that at all!

Actual lesbian and bisexual women don't tend to shout about it. We just get on with it. I too have an acquaintance who "came out" as bisexual a couple of years ago, in her late 20s and with the same guy since university and married to him. Part of me thinks whatever, you do you love, but I know its all BS and an easy way for her to claim she's part of a minority. She's from a very comfortable middle class family, privately educated and all that, and again that's not an issue at all BUT these types are so desperate to be part of something they're not.

It's so easy to claim you're bisexual when you're married to a man and have never been with a woman. It's always about woke points. I think women who do so want to show they're something more than an average, straight married woman. But there's nothing wrong with that at all!

Actual lesbian and bisexual women don't tend to shout about it. We just get on with it. I too have an acquaintance who "came out" as bisexual a couple of years ago, in her late 20s and with the same guy since university and married to him. Part of me thinks whatever, you do you love, but I know its all BS and an easy way for her to claim she's part of a minority. She's from a very comfortable middle class family, privately educated and all that, and again that's not an issue at all BUT these types are so desperate to be part of something they're not.
Absolutely. I was with a woman for 7 years and even I don't call myself bisexual because I've only dated men since then, I am perceived by the majority as heterosexual and it feels like co-opting a life that no longer belongs to me, and for whose benefit?

Reactions: 5
I wish people would get it into their thick skulls heads that the LGB Alliance is not transphobic. It's just catering to the needs of the LGB section of LGBTQ+. There are plenty of trans charities that don't cater to the LGB.

Imagine there was a horse & donkey charity. It started devoting all of its campaigning to the welfare of beach-ride donkeys. So some horse-focused people set up an organisation just for horses. That wouldn't be donkey phobic. A clumsy analogy perhaps, but there we have it.

Reactions: 22
I wish people would get it into their thick skulls heads that the LGB Alliance is not transphobic. It's just catering to the needs of the LGB section of LGBTQ+. There are plenty of trans charities that don't cater to the LGB.

Imagine there was a horse & donkey charity. It started devoting all of its campaigning to the welfare of beach-ride donkeys. So some horse-focused people set up an organisation just for horses. That wouldn't be donkey phobic. A clumsy analogy perhaps, but there we have it.
This is what I can't get my head around - that people are completely happy with trans charities excluding LGB, but think an LGB charity excluding trans is bigoted. The homophobia in this mindset is so glaring.

Reactions: 15
It's increasingly unhelpful to even speak about 'LGBT' as one group tbh. The T basically wants to abolish LGB and won't accept same sex attraction is a thing. It's also unhelpful running the two together when talking about stuff like conversion therapy. Most sensible people don't agree with conversion therapy for LGB people, but 'conversion therapy' in the sense the T are talking about is literally just providing therapy for kids who say they're trans to see if they can be helped to be happy in their own bodies. It is a nonsense to consider these two things to be the same. In my opinion the T piggybacks on LGB language and causes for their own gain whilst simultaneously throwing those people under the bus.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Pretty hard to argue with this logic. I'm convinced! 😂

Bahahahahaha, I don't know how they exist with the cognitive dissonance, honestly.

Very boring constantly being told by men and their middle class handmaidens what a woman is.

Personally, I couldn't give a tit about sharing the loos with a trans woman, however I'm not vulnerable and not likely to end up in prison, on a psychiatric ward, in a hostel or a refuge.

Women need to ask themselves why they automatically jump to the defence of the TRAs and not vulnerable women and girls.

Reactions: 13
There is something that almost takes your breath away when you come face to face with a middle aged man dressed as a woman with no warning. We have one in work and he is really is quite grotesque. 6 feet tall, with an adam's apple and strong jaw, massive hands and feet and dressed in what he thinks is appropriate clothing.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.