Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It actually enrages me when they say trans people are endangered, it will honestly never cease to blow my mind how stupid some women must be to think calling a man in a dress is 'feminism' and that they are 'endangered.' Talk about falling straight into the trap.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

This is a very interesting and nuanced article that touches on quite a bit of what we talk about here such as atoning for past interactions with feminist writers (repent motherfucker), the fact that companies are almost always on the side of a (supposedly powerless) mob, and that, in a purity spiral, the targeting can find themselves the targetted.

This part stuck out

Another case concerned Readings Carlton bookshop, also in inner Melbourne. Alison Evans, an author who identifies as non-binary, tweeted that they would not speak at a Readings event unless it apologised for having staged a discussion three years earlier with Julie Bindel, a British feminist whom transgender activists say is transphobic. Readings apologised, prompting an outraged Bindel to accuse the bookstore of having “capitulated to bullies”. Readings owner Mark Rubbo told a UK journalist that he regretted his apology. “Bookshops should be homes to all ideas,” he said.
Also - just when you thought Pink News couldn't get any more scummy

Screenshot 2021-11-22 17.17.08.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Apparently the BRITS have abolished the 'male' and 'female' category. :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Colin Pitchfork was recalled for 'approaching young women' - considering the girls he murdered were 15 and a 'young woman' could theoretically be a 16 year-old (and who knows how many other women/girls didn't know to report him approaching them) he's clearly still a danger.

It says the parole board will review his case within 28 days, but considering they released him in the first place, I don't have high hopes.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

Colin Pitchfork was recalled for 'approaching young women' - considering the girls he murdered were 15 and a 'young woman' could theoretically be a 16 year-old (and who knows how many other women/girls didn't know to report him approaching them) he's clearly still a danger.

It says the parole board will review his case within 28 days, but considering they released him in the first place, I don't have high hopes.
They should never have given him a second chance. “Justice” has let women down yet again.

Reactions: 13
Yes, this is definitely the main thing to take away from all this.

I keep seeing this line of thinking all over twitter and it has me fuming!!! Not to mention all this shite about her doxxing ~vulnerable trans queers~ maybe if they were that vulnerable they shouldn't have tweeted about what they were doing.

Reactions: 10
Apparently the BRITS have abolished the 'male' and 'female' category. :rolleyes:
Just saw that on the news. Give. Me. Strength.

Poor little Sam Smith felt "unable" to enter into either the female or male category due to being non binary. That's LITERAL violence, folks 😔

Doubt he'll win an award in this revamped gender neutral category anyway, but hey. Got to make the men feel comfortable.

BBC News - Brit Awards scrap male and female categories

Reactions: 13
Just did a quick count on the Grammys album of the year - where it was a clear male or female artist/band 38 to 17. I left out groups and mixed duos. I’m sure artist of the year will be similarly skewed.

Reactions: 5
I keep seeing this line of thinking all over twitter and it has me fuming!!! Not to mention all this shite about her doxxing ~vulnerable trans queers~ maybe if they were that vulnerable they shouldn't have tweeted about what they were doing.

He is doubling down on it.

• Angry
  • Sick
"She started it" it something nobody over the age of 9 should use as a basis for their argument. :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2021-11-22 18.55.13.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Isnt it sad that so many trans men feel unsafe and vulnerable, because of cruel cutting comments, or just walking down the street.

Welcome to the world of being a woman!!!

OK i usually know how to keep safe, but as a woman there are places I do feel vulnerable, especially late at night!!!

He is doubling down on it.

He is just like the mad guy at the bus stop that mutters and shouts at people but everyone ignores. Very little interaction with any of his tweets and just the usual token likes in his echo chamber. He probably spends ages coming up with the latest tweet thinking its profound only for no one to interact with him except random guys dressed as Japanese schoolgirls in their bedrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Called it! They are so, so predictable

Did you see that that oddball journalist Benjamin Butterworth has done just what you said?

5DC01C6D-FCD9-4446-91FC-C94118DAD1DF.png
Butterworth became a minor known quantity after his appearances on Good Morning Britain and showing himself up to be completely clueless about the topic he was brought on to advocate support for.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.