Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a ridiculous argument about her address being publicly available. My work address is publicly available too, but if someone came and stood outside because they disagreed with something I once said they'd still be an intimidating, unhinged lunatic stalker.

Reactions: 24
So when will the backlash happen about only men winning it? It will take a while - good thing the Brits are irrelevant.
It does seem sad to reduce the prize by half! Only one winner now, instead of 2! They are also reducing the interest as well I would imagine!

But it will be interesting to see who wins and whether fairness and equality makes any difference? I assume in the music business both men and women have equal opportunities and earn similar amounts of money? And its nothing like the acting world, where male actors often seem to earn more than female ones?

Reactions: 7
My suggestion for the BRITs going forward would be to just have a Best hole Award. Everyone has one, most of the nominees will be one and there can be no sensible claims about any gender identity being shown preference over others.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'd like to congratulate Sam Smith and the Brits for curing sexism. Obviously women are no longer disadvantaged as a sex because a man identifies as a not-man, someone fetch the bleeping champagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The Daily Telegraph. FFS....

Caroline Nokes didn’t ‘play the game’ by accusing my father of groping her, says Rachel Johnson
Daughter of Stanley Johnson questions Tory MP's ‘historic allegations’ of inappropriate touching at a party conference

ByMaighna Nanu22 November 2021 • 6:27pm

QNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Rachel Johnson, left, has spoken about the accusations made by Caroline Nokes, right, against her father CREDIT: HGL/GC Images/Richard Townshend
Rachel Johnson has said the female Tory MP who accused her father of touching her inappropriately "didn't really play up and play the game".
The Prime Minister's sister questioned the value of Caroline Nokes MP, who chairs the women and equalities select committee, bringing up "historic allegations" about Stanley Johnson 20 years after the events occurred.
"Play up and play the game" is a well-known phrase, often used to mean not playing by the rules, from the poem Vitai Lampada.
Speaking on her podcast Difficult Women, Ms Johnson said her father had been in "a spot of bother" after Ms Nokes "revealed he'd smacked her bottom".
‘I do think it rebounds against women in the end’
The LBC presenter was discussing her father with Anne Robinson, host of the television programme Countdown, when she referred to the accusations.
Ms Johnson said to Ms Robinson: "He's been in a spot of bother because a female Tory MP didn't really play up and play the game because she revealed he'd smacked her bottom about 20 years ago."
Advertisement

Advertisement : 14 sec

She then asked: "What do you think about women who bring up these things - these historic allegations?"
The former presenter of the Weakest Link said: "I never campaigned for women to start whinging 20 years later and suddenly have a memory of something that hadn't upset them at the time."
Ms Johnson replied: "What worries me about it, what does it achieve?"
Last week, Ms Nokes made headlines after publicly accusing Mr Johnson of having “smacked” her forcefully “on the behind” before making a vulgar comment at a party conference in 2003, when he was a party candidate.
The Prime Minister’s father has said he has “no recollection” of her and has “no idea what she was talking about”.
In the wake of Ms Nokes’s allegation, Ailbhe Rea, a journalist at the New Statesman, also came forward and accused the former MEP of having “groped” her at a party conference in 2019.
Mr Johnson said his response to her claims was “exactly the same" as to those made by Ms Nokes.

QNjv4BqEzd6O1DOHjKbn3-lJGE5dYVDeFnNzzH-ojbG9iR3oZ4.jpg

Stanley Johnson said he had no recollection of either of the alleged incidents CREDIT: Reuters/Toby Melville
The LBC presenter questioned the value of Ms Nokes revealing the allegations, adding: "My fear is, it does encourager les autres [encourage other] women to come out and say things that have happened to them, but also I've heard men saying: ‘Bloody women, you can't trust them and we don't know how to behave anymore.’"
She stressed she was not defending "any sort of male aggressive sexual behaviour", but added: "I do think it rebounds against women in the end."
Ms Johnson interviewed Ms Nokes on her Difficult Women podcast two weeks ago.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I think awards shows have had their day but it is sad and infuriating to see the chances of women winning one becoming slimmer. Looks like Sam Smith will win for the next 5 years then :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I think awards shows have had their day but it is sad and infuriating to see the chances of women winning one becoming slimmer. Looks like Sam Smith will win for the next 5 years then :rolleyes:
I can't stand that spoiled prick and his attention seeking stereotyping gender fluidity.

I bet the BRITS revert only when men complain if a woman gets it and they feel their chances are halved.

Reactions: 15
I see someone had to eat a pig uterus on I'm a Celebrity. I wonder if that was from a male or female pig? Hard to say these days.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
So should we validate people with anorexia, agree they are fat and crowdfund a gastric band if we are expected to celebrate the inside not matching the outside?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
They can ‘present’ whatever they want on the outside, it doesn’t make them change sex 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Since when were human beings entitled to their outside matching how they feel they should look?

I have body dysmorphia and could on about this forever. We literally are our bodies, whether we like them or not.

It winds me up how they say "cis" women "affirm their gender" ass the time and why can't trans people do the same. Well, first of all, the performance of femininity is bleeping time consuming, expensive, exhausting and sometimes bleeping dangerous. We are not "affirming our gender", we are performing femininity to varying degrees to make it easier to move through a misogynist world.

Also, if women want a new set of tits or a nose job the NHS aren't expected to pay for it, because it's cosmetic, whether she thinks her outsides match her feelings or not.

Inside I feel like a millionaire who looks like a young Linda Evangalista but here I am with my comparatively average woman face and normal job. Sometimes you just get what you get in life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.