Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's so self absorbed to even start telling people your sexual preference in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am a bisexual woman in a heterosexual relationship - I am not queer/ do not call myself that/ my relationship is 100% heterosexual and not queer. I don't understand "coming out" as bi on social media when in a long term relationship with someone of the opposite sex (mainly because I don't really do social media other than as a way to see cute animals) but I do get saying you're bi when you're in a heterosexual relationship just as additional context.

This is not a thing I make a big deal about, but when I talk about having a crush on a female celebrity I want people to know that this isn't a "girlcrush" but it is a "I am sexually attracted to this woman" kind of crush. (Rosamond Pike was one of my earliest crushes and so with her new show this has been on my mind recently - I definitely don't talk about this all the time).

And also when I was (trying/ unsuccessfully) to date women, that was part of my life, it's easier to say, casually, "As a bisexual woman, this was my experience on dating apps etc". It just situates me, the same way saying I'm from this city and my parents are from these places. It's just a fact about my life. But like any information about you, not everyone in my life knows it, nor do they need to. I have really good friends where it's just never come up, and not from a "this is a deep dark secret" way but just we've never talked about it and they don't need to know-we don't talk about dating or crushes, we just don't have those relationships.

But even while being bisexual, I am 100% not queer and would never/ have never claimed to be.
Exactly... 100% not queer and I'll never accept being called that. I really hate that word. I don't like the connotations and how it was used as slur, but also I'm comfortable with my sexuality and I find using "queer" to describe yourself really childish.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.