Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More doctors like this one need to speak out more -
no subscription link to story - https://archive.md/JE0GX
He was brilliant on the Stephen Nolan podcast. Well worth listening to his episode 5 interview if anyone hasn’t already. Completely no nonsense. Said there’s no such thing as being born in the wrong body, full stop 🙌

Reactions: 10
91EC9292-0F71-422E-895F-FA1B9F5DACCE.jpeg

Saw this on Twitter. I’ve obviously never clicked on a Pink News link so I’ve no idea of how insane their articles actually are.

“Cis people get gender-affirming healthcare over the counter. Why can’t trans folk have the same?” takes the bleeping biscuit though.

Why would a “cis” person even need gender-affirming healthcare? Ohhh… they just mean healthcare. Medically necessary healthcare.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
It astounds me that a lot of women can't see what the hell is going on. One women's style group I'm in on facebook. A man joins who looks like Bruce Willis's ugly brother and they all fawn over him as if he's Coco Chanel.
Oh god, they're so sycophantic, it's embarassing. But some women have always done anything for a pat on the head from a man, it's just the same thing in a (literally) different frock.

I love non-conformist people, people with interesting style and gender non-conformity, but it's always some pension-age bloke dressed like a bastardised Marilyn Monroe. A woman dressed the way half of them do would be ridiculed.

Reactions: 12
I am increasingly of the opinion that transgender people can be grouped into the following categories - those with mental health issues, those experiencing common feelings when growing up, a men's rights movement and a sexual perversion (autogynephilia) but I largely accept people's right to live how they choose and certainly not to experience any violence as a result. I completely put sex before gender.

The only area where I feel a touch of sympathy is in clothing and presentation. Women can present in what traditionally might be seen as a masculine way (short hair, no make up, 'men's' clothes etc..) and be totally accepted. A young (particularly young and cool) man can wear make up and necklaces, etc but when it comes to middle aged men they look like ghouls and make people intensely uncomfortable. But, it is what it is.

Reactions: 19
Actually cis people cannot get ‘gender affirming’ healthcare. Women with excess facial hair can’t get free laser treatment, women with small breasts who would feel more ‘womanly’ with larger ones can’t get free breast augmentation. In fact we are actively told stuff like ‘women come in all shapes and sizes’ to try and deal with what we are naturally given, and of course women with more hair than others and small breasts etc are still women. But a woman who would feel like she could present ‘more’ by having these treatments doesn’t get them for free?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Actually cis people cannot get ‘gender affirming’ healthcare. Women with excess facial hair can’t get free laser treatment, women with small breasts who would feel more ‘womanly’ with larger ones can’t get free breast augmentation. In fact we are actively told stuff like ‘women come in all shapes and sizes’ to try and deal with what we are naturally given, and of course women with more hair than others and small breasts etc are still women. But a woman who would feel like she could present ‘more’ by having these treatments doesn’t get them for free?
Yes, I had a very hairy face from puberty (thick black hair, very fair skin) around my cheeks and under my chin. I had to shave my face every day for years. Waxing wasn't an option as the regrowth was so noticeable.

When I was finally referred to an endocrinologist (at the age of 30) I was told its just the way I am and I'd have to continue with cosmetic hair removal.

I've had some laser treatment (that I paid for) which has reduced it by about 80%, but I still cringe if someone tries to touch my face, still panic if I go away overnight and forget to take a razor and I still spend half my life removing body hair to be a publicly acceptable woman.

I'm sure they think we all just exist like some hairless, feminine fantasy 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I was having this conversation with my friend the other day about how potentially the most tedious people in all this bollocks (non binary aside) are white women who claim to be bisexual, have never actually had any kind of romantic relationship with another woman, are in long term relationships with men, but call those relationships queer? It's a straight relationship. It must be so annoying for actual bisexual people to know that their sexuality can so easily be co-opted by people who are in straight relationships just so they can feel special and different.

Reactions: 19
"Cis" men can't get gender affirming surgery on NHS either. Can't grow a decent beard? No hair transplants. No lipo for Moobs. No Penis enlargement surgery etc...

Trans just love to feel hard done by

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was having this conversation with my friend the other day about how potentially the most tedious people in all this bollocks (non binary aside) are white women who claim to be bisexual, have never actually had any kind of romantic relationship with another woman, are in long term relationships with men, but call those relationships queer? It's a straight relationship. It must be so annoying for actual bisexual people to know that their sexuality can so easily be co-opted by people who are in straight relationships just so they can feel special and different.
See: Jameela Jamil

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I think the trans person in this actually makes some very good points

So refreshing to hear a trans person speak considerately and sensibly. It’s becoming easy to think all trans people are like the vile TRA’s, they are doing a huge disservice to the community they claim to serve.

Reactions: 12
This headline is incorrect. She didn’t ‘say’ they posted her address online. They ACTUALLY posted her address online 🙄
I've left a comment with the Beeb. Now they're free from the grasp of Stonewall, it might take a bit of time for them to untangle themselves, but a bit of nudging helps

Reactions: 8
Not just white women who do this: Jameela Jamil is a prime example

Reactions: 9
View attachment 882766

Saw this on Twitter. I’ve obviously never clicked on a Pink News link so I’ve no idea of how insane their articles actually are.

“Cis people get gender-affirming healthcare over the counter. Why can’t trans folk have the same?” takes the bleeping biscuit though.

Why would a “cis” person even need gender-affirming healthcare? Ohhh… they just mean healthcare. Medically necessary healthcare.
Clearly they haven't seen any of the articles where fat people who aren't trans have been denied health treatments until they've lost some weight.

Reactions: 14
It doesn’t help! It arguably feeds into an opinion some hold that bisexuality doesn’t exist and that people just say they’re bisexual. I can remember there being a time when some people, who had always been in straight relationships but said they felt attracted to someone of the same sex, said they were “bi-curious” and I don‘t know
in hindsight whether that was actually better!

It took me until I was 18 to acknowledge that I was attracted to men as well as women. I’ve had relationships with both since but moving forward a few years to when I was in my early 20s I experienced the shunning treatment from some gay men, who once they found out I was bisexual didn’t want to know me. It was either because of this stereotype that people who are bisexual are somehow more dishonest and likelier to cheat or even worse denying that bisexuality is genuine; I‘ll never forget a former gay friend saying to me, “how can you even look at THAT and not want to be sick?” “THAT” meaning a vagina. :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This headline is incorrect. She didn’t ‘say’ they posted her address online. They ACTUALLY posted her address online 🙄

That is absolutely terrible journalism and just makes it look like JK is trying to cause trouble.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.