Gabriella Lindley #24 copycat art, lasagne bath, blocking to deal with the aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've noticed on twitter as well that no minions have actually come to her defence this time.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
She needs to write an apology statement, say sorry directly to the people she’s copied, donate the money she made from the sales (as someone else suggested) and finally learn from her mistakes!
Titled: To all the artists I've copied from before.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
820476CC-1B21-4B69-9BCC-B6849B8EF613.png

this email I received 😂 imo I think the bag is the only thing she can get away with saying she hasn’t copied, just because it’s soooo bland, generic and overdone that it would be impossible to trace back to the original source. But as for her prints, there’s way too many similarities for her to be able to brush it off as ~iNsPo~. Yes the original design she’s copying from might be simplistic and kinda overdone, but it still takes a certain amount of creative flair to come up with that and execute it nicely. What riles me is that gobs thinks her gcse in art and a tit ton of money to throw at supplies and a printer is enough to flog tat to her subscribers. E.g that whole vlog where she was saying she can’t really draw faces so she took a skill share class to learn... but was already selling a print with a face on it at that time. The whole things screams lazy and greedy

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Don’t hate me guys but I don’t really get this...all these prints are so generic and I see tons of similar ones with similar designs and patterns. So is everyone copying everyone? She is guilty of not being original and thinking of creative ideas but most of these print/art shops all sell repetitive products?
Apologies if someone has said what I’m going to say, but the issue isn’t really the isolated copied things alone it’s ...

1) Her artwork is in different styles. Typography, modern sort of cartoony imagery, and then the one like och.monika where it’s soft and cottage core-y. (Apologies I’m not an art critic.) If everything was fluid and looked like it went together then maybe she could blag inspiration but she’s picked and chosen what to copy.

2) She is selling this at a HEAVILY marked up price.

3) She followed the accounts she stole from.

4) She doesnt post art and then all of a sudden she’s an artist and has been doing this for two years in preparation?

5) It doesn’t speak to her brand? Maybe the cat pin did a little bit, but does she even have pumpkins in her house? Didn’t she say she always kills plants? ‘You are magic’ when has she ever said that? None of it is original, sure, but it’s also not anything to do with her hobbies or interests.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Honesty pt 2

“Hai guyzzz, never thought I would have to make this vidyoh but some bullies on Twitter are being sew sew mean so thought I would clear the air *finally takes out cat litter*. When I started jewniper mewn I thought it would be sew nice becoss I did sew well at art in year 3, it was my calling. Sew was musical theatre, but I’m a Gemini and couldn’t decide! Well some of you think I’ve stolen some art which I would NEVER DO, becoss you should always be kind *elbows jane* you never know what people are going through. I’m having a really bad time with my non existent endo sew didn’t realise what I was doing. Now here’s an ad for a tefal actifry, I use it to fry my bacon while I’m in the bath”
It's the 'finally takes out cat litter' for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m just rewatching her vlog where she draws the face for the print that’s been stolen and it’s 👀👀👀 she’s like I feel like I’m copying by have reference photos, I’m not good at drawing this etc. So awkward to watch

Just continuing on, just got to the end of the video and she said she was going to draw the girl holding a mug, which is how it is in the stolen art but Jane told said why would she be holding a mug and walking through plants? It’s all so bad to rewatch it now

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Typed in velvetgh0st on Twitter and it’s just people calling he out🤣 we love to see it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Don’t hate me guys but I don’t really get this...all these prints are so generic and I see tons of similar ones with similar designs and patterns. So is everyone copying everyone? She is guilty of not being original and thinking of creative ideas but most of these print/art shops all sell repetitive products?
yes, the style of art is very similar to hundreds of others on instagram. The problem with art side of thing is usually artist have their specific style or details that differentiate them from others it could be the way they draw eyes, the way they shape pots, whatever, but you can see this specific thing in their style and recognise it. Gabie just started drawing here and there and selling it. You can clearly see she was inspired, tried to change it to not be obvious but didn't give it her own zing. I don't think there is anything bad getting inspired a bit, to be fair this type of art isn't that out of the world unique, but she should deffo try to draw more and create her own thing. With her being public figure this is not a good look. I get why the artist is mad when they put years of work into something and someone mediocre at best with following takes their thing. To be fair there could be hundreds of artists with this particular style pointing fingers at each other and they'd all have semi same art.

Oh god this is going to be a McKenna Kaelin/simplykenna/cozykitsune 2.0....just need a bullshit apology where she doesn't admit what she did and blames people for getting offended 😂
sorry to go off Gabie topic but remember when Kenna forbid a fan to get a tattoo of her drawing because it's so ✨unique✨ only for fan to find out Kenna copied it from someone on insta 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
1) Her artwork is in different styles. Typography, modern sort of cartoony imagery, and then the one like och.monika where it’s soft and cottage core-y. (Apologies I’m not an art critic.) If everything was fluid and looked like it went together then maybe she could blag inspiration but she’s picked and chosen what to copy.
This exactly. The cat on a mop pin, Margot print, plant lady print, phone girl print, cat lady pin, magic tote all look like they’ve come from different studios. She doesn’t have her own style, she’s just picked things she likes and imitated them.

AB18334D-97F3-44A9-B7D2-2F1C9C5B8754.png

wtf she must have been up all night blocking people and constantly checking her mentions, if she put this much energy into formulating a mature response maybe the could scrape herself out of another scandal

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Just looked on twitter and it seems like the artist side of twitter are starting to get hold of what has happened and are calling her out - they can be BRUTAL and take things like copying/tracing very seriously. Which tbh, rightly so - Gabby probably just thought nobody would notice and she could get away from taking such obvious inspiration from smaller artists.

Another thing that makes it sketchy to me is that Gabby has spent zero time actually studying art, learning and developing her own style, if she had we'd have seen more proof of it. She could have taken skillshare courses even, shown more of her process, but the last art I remember her doing before she opened the shop were those GODAWFUL faces that looked disgusting and she gave names. What she has done has decided she wants in on this 'small business aesthetically pleasing' tiktok trend and took obvious inspiration from other artists to the point where she has just copied them.

Reactions: 42
This exactly. The cat on a mop pin, Margot print, plant lady print, phone girl print, cat lady pin, magic tote all look like they’ve come from different studios. She doesn’t have her own style, she’s just picked things she likes and imitated them.
Style is a different issue. She does not have her own style but neither do people she stole from. A lot of people here are equatung artistic style with sth that in writing would be like your handwriting. Like everyone's handwriting looks different but the style of a writer is something else. The same way each aftist will draw a girl differently but they all have the same style of childish drawing. It does not take years to produce that. Also if they had their unique style they would not have been coppied as easily. Gabby's mistake is in very much copying the actual things other people drew. Like the subject matter and positioning. They drew teabags, she drew teabags kind of thing. Also her mistake is not responding appropriately because she has no clue how to run a business or how to do crisis management.

Reactions: 12
If this drama was happening to anyone else she would LICHERALLY be all over it quicker than she can eat ham.

I can see her tweet now... "omg guise as a ✨ small business owner ✨ I would HATE this sew sew much, get your own ideas" for her to then delete it again in 0.2 seconds

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Though we all know that Gabby is not very intelligent and still has the mindset of a 14 year old - she probably consciously thought "oh I like this, I'll do something like this but I'll just change the phone to a mug and do a different background and do winter gloves instead of honey pots so it's not copying because it's different so the trolls can't say I copied" and that was the extent of her thoughts behind doing it

Reactions: 27
Style is a different issue. She does not have her own style but neither do people she stole from. A lot of people here are equatung artistic style with sth that in writing would be like your handwriting. Like everyone's handwriting looks different but the style of a writer is something else. The same way each aftist will draw a girl differently but they all have the same style of childish drawing. It does not take years to produce that. Also if they had their unique style they would not have been coppied as easily. Gabby's mistake is in very much copying the actual things other people drew. Like the subject matter and positioning. They drew teabags, she drew teabags kind of thing. Also her mistake is not responding appropriately because she has no clue how to run a business or how to do crisis management.
I agree with you to an extent, but these artists do have set styles -- be it their brush settings on procreate, or the subject matter. If you were to put one of och.monika's prints in front of me I would recognise her within it. Much like how you don't think every work of graffiti is Banksy. It doesn't HAVE to be hard to copy, but it is individual -- and it does take some amount of time to build up your own art style. You don't just draw once and that's how you draw for the rest of forever, it develops over time.

But I agree, the copying isn't the biggest issue now, it's the hiding from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think she’d lost interest in jewniper mewn before all of this had blown up anyway. She obsesses over things and projects (Zoe, operations to change her appearance, moving, hair, decorating, redecorating) on repeat, because she likes the buzz it gives her. As soon as it gets hard or she gets bored she moves on to the next thing.
She loved setting up her pretty office, the buzz of buying all the equipment, but she’s lost interest in the business now, because the initial buzz has gone and it’s too hard. She’s moved on to obsessing over designing her new kitchen now, and redecorating her bedroom for the tenth time.

Reactions: 41
Anyway, how are the scummy trolls doing today? Do we think she's going to post today? She's clearly online blocking people.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.