Gabriella Lindley #24 copycat art, lasagne bath, blocking to deal with the aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a 20 year old son with ASD and he’s a hundred times more independent than Gobbie. I help him, give him advice, cook him dinner when he visits, but he’s an adult and he looks after himself. And he does things to help me in return. Gobbie acts like she’s ten, and Jane let’s her.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’d love to know how much gabby actually pays Jane, you’d think she’d have gotten her a company car too seeing as she does a lot of running around for her
According to the company accounts Jane has 4 shares against gobs 8. Whether she gets paid a third is anyone’s guess.

Reactions: 8
I’ve got a 20 year old son with ASD and he’s a hundred times more independent than Gobbie. I help him, give him advice, cook him dinner when he visits, but he’s an adult and he looks after himself. And he does things to help me in return. Gobbie acts like she’s ten, and Jane let’s her.
Yeah, there's a certain point where she is just enabling Gabby to become this monster. Though, like my mum is with my sister, she probably doesn't want to lose touch with her so it's just easier to give in.

Also @Suga Infires Me everytime you like my posts all I can think is hello army.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ι feel so bad about Jane right now.
But half of this is Jane’s fault... she’s enabled Gobs forever, if I as a 25yo hater, asked my mum to drive to see me (I live in actual Sheffield lol) and then make me dinner she would think I was being cheeky as duck! Yes gabby is an awful human and treats Jane like crap, but it’s on her for enabling her ways

Reactions: 26
But half of this is Jane’s fault... she’s enabled Gobs forever, if I as a 25yo hater, asked my mum to drive to see me (I live in actual Sheffield lol) and then make me dinner she would think I was being cheeky as duck! Yes gabby is an awful human and treats Jane like crap, but it’s on her for enabling her ways
My Mum would honestly tell me to piss off if I asked her to drive the approx 5 hours to my house to rub my back and make me dinner, lols.

According to the company accounts Jane has 4 shares against gobs 8. Whether she gets paid a third is anyone’s guess.
Another area where I have very limited knowledge but I reckon Jane will actually be paid pretty well as I *think* Gabby doesn't have to pay tax on a salary? So the more she pays Jane, the less profit that is taxable for her?

Reactions: 24
sorry to go off Gabie topic but remember when Kenna forbid a fan to get a tattoo of her drawing because it's so ✨unique✨ only for fan to find out Kenna copied it from someone on insta 😂
YES! That was during PEAK problematic Kenna 😂 I'm so glad she never got to profit off her stolen art unlike miss gobble

Reactions: 6
My Mum would honestly tell me to piss off if I asked her to drive the approx 5 hours to my house to rub my back and make me dinner, lols.
Exactly! It’s about 2.5hr from my home city to here, and there’s no way! Would normally go to hers if I wanted to see her, and even then would enjoy cooking for her, but I guess Gabs family wouldn’t want to eat sausage and spaghetti hoops or whatever tit she makes when she’s alone haha

Reactions: 3
Just looked on twitter and it seems like the artist side of twitter are starting to get hold of what has happened and are calling her out - they can be BRUTAL and take things like copying/tracing very seriously. Which tbh, rightly so - Gabby probably just thought nobody would notice and she could get away from taking such obvious inspiration from smaller artists.

Another thing that makes it sketchy to me is that Gabby has spent zero time actually studying art, learning and developing her own style, if she had we'd have seen more proof of it. She could have taken skillshare courses even, shown more of her process, but the last art I remember her doing before she opened the shop were those GODAWFUL faces that looked disgusting and she gave names. What she has done has decided she wants in on this 'small business aesthetically pleasing' tiktok trend and took obvious inspiration from other artists to the point where she has just copied them.

Exactly. She somehow magically developed her skill from those flat faced horror portraits to cutesy, kitchsy art.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think it could be quite easy to look at the situation and say that Jane is not at fault and Gabby is a 26 year old woman who makes her own choices. However, Gabby has been behaving in the same self-absorbed way from the very beginning of her online presence and I imagine for much longer in her personal life. Jane continues to enable her behaviour and acts like it’s normal for a 26 year old to move to the other end of the country, have no friends, see medical professionals and Starbucks employees more than anybody else (aka the only people she has contact with are people that are paid to do it) because she has nobody else in her life to see and Jane just drives up and down the country pandering to her needs as if it’s not a big deal. Gabby, you’re twenty-fricking-six years old!!!!!!! Do you know how WEIRD it is to be living life the way you do?

Go outside, breathe some fresh air and try to make some friends because God knows it can’t do any harm, whereas staying inside bathing in lasagna and stealing art work is going to get very lonely for you

Reactions: 19
Just looked on twitter and it seems like the artist side of twitter are starting to get hold of what has happened and are calling her out - they can be BRUTAL and take things like copying/tracing very seriously. Which tbh, rightly so - Gabby probably just thought nobody would notice and she could get away from taking such obvious inspiration from smaller artists.

Another thing that makes it sketchy to me is that Gabby has spent zero time actually studying art, learning and developing her own style, if she had we'd have seen more proof of it. She could have taken skillshare courses even, shown more of her process, but the last art I remember her doing before she opened the shop were those GODAWFUL faces that looked disgusting and she gave names. What she has done has decided she wants in on this 'small business aesthetically pleasing' tiktok trend and took obvious inspiration from other artists to the point where she has just copied them.
How can we forget her art back in the day... the lipstick art 🤦‍♀️
4E2FB076-EB72-4163-8C53-4EF4E0ECF5F0.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I think the thing with a lot of artists these days, especially a lot of the ones who sell prints and digital artwork is that they sacrifice a bit of their own originality for the ✨aesthetics✨ and trends, so they're more marketable and "in with the times" - hence the influx of earth tones and cottage core influenced artists. However, if one is truly an artist, you can always distinguish distinct details that separate them from the rest, however similar their theme is with others. You always have a trademarked, distinct style that comes out regardless of the subject & theme. Monika and Nina, despite falling under the same color story and theme as hundreds of other artists, have very recognizable drawing signatures and quirks. I don't necessarily think art like that is mediocre, as I know how much work it takes to produce even the littlest of sketches to a certain standard, I just think that artists follow a certain theme to sell more and appeal to the masses so to speak, especially those financially struggling and relying on their craft to earn. I have observed this in fashion illustration as well (my line of work), and that's with sketching on actual paper and not digitally. You'll know when one has a tendency to copy from or be too inspired with other art pieces because they never have a distinct drawing style and technique (cough Gabby), this includes the strokes and how heavy handed they are and your method of rendering etc. I don't even know if i'm making any sense 🤦‍♀️ :m just wanted to put my 2 cents in as someone from the art industry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think the thing with a lot of artists these days, especially a lot of the ones who sell prints and digital artwork is that they sacrifice a bit of their own originality for the ✨aesthetics✨ and trends, so they're more marketable and "in with the times" - hence the influx of earth tones and cottage core influenced artists. However, if one is truly an artist, you can always distinguish distinct details that separate them from the rest, however similar their theme is with others. You always have a trademarked, distinct style that comes out regardless of the subject & theme. Monika and Nina, despite falling under the same color story and theme as hundreds of other artists, have very recognizable drawing signatures and quirks. I don't necessarily think art like that is mediocre, as I know how much work it takes to produce even the littlest of sketches to a certain standard, I just think that artists follow a certain theme to sell more and appeal to the masses so to speak, especially those financially struggling and relying on their craft to earn. I have observed this in fashion illustration as well (my line of work), and that's with sketching on actual paper and not digitally. You'll know when one has a tendency to copy from or be too inspired with other art pieces because they never have a distinct drawing style and technique (cough Gabby), this includes the strokes and how heavy handed they are and your method of rendering etc. I don't even know if i'm making any sense 🤦‍♀️ :m just wanted to put my 2 cents in as someone from the art industry.
Yes this, my own art is very commercial right now BUT no matter what style you draw in, if you are a true artist you’ll always have a certain way you draw things. That makes your art yours. With Gabby it’s not cohesive. The lettering she does because of P olly and the art because of the girls she followed on insta. For example take P olly, when ever she does illustrations it just fits with her style of lettering. She studied and is an artist and you can see that.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can’t believe Gabby still hasn’t said anything. Is she seriously hoping she can sit it out and wait for it to blow over? The girl is RIDICULOUS

Reactions: 33
Yes this, my own art is very commercial right now BUT no matter what style you draw in, if you are a true artist you’ll always have a certain way you draw things. That makes your art yours. With Gabby it’s not cohesive. The lettering she does because of P olly and the art because of the girls she followed on insta. For example take P olly, when ever she does illustrations it just fits with her style of lettering. She studied and is an artist and you can see that.
Exactly! It all boils down to having the same/similar subject matter but executing it in your own unique way. Like in fashion, when smart blazers were a thing in the late 90s-early 2000s, all high fashion houses had them, but Dior executed them in their signature tailored cut and silhouette, Chanel in their signature tweed fabric with skirt combo, and Moschino in their bright colors and unconventional fabric. You prove your creativity through your own execution and interpretation!

Gabby on the other hand, just changes the hair and the object being held by the subject then sells it for a big buck and calls it a day. There's no creative process involved in it at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I can’t believe Gabby still hasn’t said anything. Is she seriously hoping she can sit it out and wait for it to blow over? The girl is RIDICULOUS
She wont be awake yet! it's only half 12 in the afternoon! Give it till at least 3pm.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This really all is some bloody delicious tea. Can’t wait to find out what happens next!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think yes it’s a slightly common style of design to an extent but if she really didn’t copy I’m pretty sure she could’ve just replied to one person saying ‘I didn’t copy this brand, I’ve never heard of them, and I’m just a fan of this style’. The fact she’s blocking anyone asking speaks wonders🤣 it’s literally not that deep (if you didn’t copy, which clearly now, she did).

Reactions: 17
She is probably still in her bed pretending to still be on her period so that Jane feels extra sad for her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Yeah if she genuinely didn't realise there were other artists with a similar style to hers surely she'd just be open about it and say she had no idea and reach out to the artist?

Going on a blocking spree and pretending to be so so sick and needs looking after by her mum is clearly proving that the accusations are true.

Reactions: 21
C’mon Independent Woman. Get up out of your stink pit, get a shower, do yourself a favour and accept responsibility for once. It’s scary, but you will realise how easy it is and how much less you have to fight and can preserve your reputation if you just face your mistakes head on.

It isn’t the end of the world, it gives you a fresh start.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.